Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Great so far, Only Problem is IT DRAINS my Pre's Battery sooo quickly. Anyway to lower that drain in the future?
    Also will we be able to overlay track on Google maps in future update?

Thx
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but during my run, my pace and distance only read "NAN" the entire time...what does that mean?
    I have the same problem. No matter how fast I go, I only get NaN.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ^
    I got that once too. I think its because the Satellites didnt lock correctly???
    But All I did to fix was close and restart the app, relocked onto satellites and it worked fine.
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
    oh i cant wait to try this out. thanks a lot.
    This is a great app.. Can't wait to see how it continues to evolve
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    I have the same problem. No matter how fast I go, I only get NaN.
    I am thinking it has something to do with th 1.1 update. not sure tho. I am looking into it.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    I am thinking it has something to do with th 1.1 update. not sure tho. I am looking into it.
    Its still works fine after 1.1 update.
    I have used it at least on 3 run since 1.1 and it works fine still. After I got the NAN errors all I did is restart the program and made sure I started the satellite locks while standing still.
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I would love to see a way to save and/or export my tracklog (possibly email it as an attachment).

This would be extremel useful.

Also, it appears there is no way to quickly keep the pre from going to sleep.

When it sleeps the tracker stops working (pauses). It would be great if there was a screen off, GPS on function.

Overall, looks pretty good, but would be way more useful if I could save my data and export it for later use.

Thanks for the hard work.
    this might make me get the sdk and start loading homebrews. This will be great for mountain biking, not all the trials I ride are mapped, and i'd love to know where i've been.
    Great app!

I had a though while running today, would it be possible to use the accelerometer to record statistics on cadence? Kind of like a simple pedometer, just to show how a run on a trail might differ from a run on a track. Also it would be cool if the sensitivity could be set by the user, this way if you wouldn’t need to keep adjusting the sensitivity in future updates to find the sweet spot, the user could set it and change it to fit there bounciness.

Keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    [SIZE="5"]PreTracker is a program that uses the gps to track your position during a run, hike, bike, or drive. It uses your GPS coordinates and creates statistics for you. It is currently in development, but I wanted to get it out to the public for testing and feedback. I recommend using a gps fix versus a cell tower fix for accuracy.
    Excellent Work! I use a garmin Forerunner 205, this looks to be almost the same function as far as what it displays and the GUI w/ Garmin.. I will test it out and get back to you.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    solid app. really cool stuff.
    Thanks for this app it rocks and will rock harder with more releases.

Battery life issues - Constant hits to establish coordinates will drain the life out of any battery.

25 minutes excursion ate up 16% of my battery ... 100% down to 84% ...

Could you alter the program to charge my battery while I use it?

You have been selected by the PreCentral's members as one of the top Homebrew Applications so far. Congratulations!

Here is the list:

1. My Notifications - set sounds for Pre alerts - Kaerey
    2. BlockDrop (was Pretris) - elchileno
    3. DevMode Launcher - no more codes to type! - cstucker
    4. Solitaire Card Game -t.tokarczyk01
    5. PrePackage: Package Tracking
    6. My Tether-Tether over WiFi, USB, and BT - aonic
    7. Translator - 20+ Languages - roar
    8. Dot Game - oil
    9. Stopwatch/Timer - sambao21
    10. Tip Calculator *Redux* -PreGame
    11. WxRad Animated Weather Radar -adsllc
    12. Dilbert/Garfield Daily Comics - roar
    13. Brickbreaker - kmax12
    14. Snake - roar
    15. Checkers -kesne
    16. Farts - CTL Advance
    17. PREtracker - GPS - kmax12
    18. Chess - rboatright
    19. Soundboard - sound effects machine - lrdavis4
    20. Scientific Calculator - rboatright

Thank you for everything you have done!

- Craig
    Wow, edged out by farts! What a sick bunch
    Quote Originally Posted by synplex View Post
    Its still works fine after 1.1 update.
    I have used it at least on 3 run since 1.1 and it works fine still. After I got the NAN errors all I did is restart the program and made sure I started the satellite locks while standing still.
    Ah! Stand still while the satellites are found! That works! Thanks.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hey kmax! I'm working on a similar app for the Pre (more geared specifically for jogging) and have had the same problems with gps tracking while the phone is sleeping. Have you had any luck solving this problem? From my discussions with the palm people it seems that they did this on purpose. I have noticed that tracking continues when music is playing in the background. Anyhow, just wanted to pick your brain.

-Kirk
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    If you want to prevent the screen from going off, while tracking is active:

example will delay for 8 min or until you say done:

new Mojo.Service.Request('palm://com.palm.power/com/palm/power', { method: 'activityStart', parameters: { id: 'com.yourdomain.app.appname.uniqueid-1', duration_ms: '480000' }, onSuccess: function(response){Mojo.Log.info("Activity Start Success");}, onFailure: function(response){Mojo.Log.warn("Activity Start Failed");} });

Source:
    Forums webOS • View topic - Some way to prevent the device from sleeping?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Kmax,

I know others have reported the error with the starting at rest to make sure you dont get NANs in the distance and average speeds. Have you looked into this so you can do this while moving?

Also issue with 0.5.0 version that locks ups with Show Map button, have you fixed this yet???

Great app, pretty accurate for what i need. Just like to see a mapping of the track on the Satelite view map. Nice feature

thanks for all your efforts.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast