Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I just wanted to clarify, have you fixed it so it will run after the screen locks? I have had one run where I started it then went for a ride. I didn't bother to keep the screen active and, the distance was within 2-hundredths of actual though the average speed was slower then actual. However I've had some where it will only register one mile out of eight with the screen off.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richardhkirkando View Post
    Yep, I would agree with this. I'd prefer to have the gpx files (and a function to auto FTP them somewhere would be amazing), so I could review them later.

I was reading about gpx but I am not quite sure how to write the latitude longitude to it. the website says something of XML but I don't really know about XML. do you (or anyone) know more about how to use gpx from a developers stand point?
    gpx enters data for a route and routepoints like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
    <gpx xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1" version="1.1" creator="TrackTreks.com">
    <metadata>
    <link href="http://www.tracktreks.com">
    <text>TrackTreks GPS Website</text>
    </link>
    </metadata>

<rte>
    <name>49MileDr</name>
    <rtept lat="37.7778965234756" lon="-122.4165793657303">
    <ele>17.07</ele>
    <time>2008-09-18T05:51:14Z</time>
    <name>001</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="37.7861076593399" lon="-122.418092250824">
    <ele>35.97</ele>
    <time>2008-09-18T05:51:18Z</time>
    <name>002</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="37.7846658229828" lon="-122.4311524629593">
    <ele>41.76</ele>
    <time>2008-09-18T05:51:18Z</time>
    <name>003</name>
    </rtept>
    </rte>

</gpx>

This would be a complete gpx file for a route with 3 points on it. Each point obviously has elevation, coordinates and time information - and they are named.

If you were to pull 1 coordinate every 15 seconds (or some other time) and save it to a growing file in this manner (naming each sequentially 1,2,3, etc) - that would make for a powerful app. Then allow the user to send this file via email. Easier said than done though, eh ?

So, the gpx file format is fairly simple and it can easily be converted to all sorts of different mapping formats on the users pc, if they wish.
    Thanks for this app!! I have been trying to find a way to test the speedometer on my motorcycle/jeep since SprintNav doesn't have a MPH output on it. This is exactly what I was looking for, with the added benefit of enticing me to run again

One thing I did notice, that I am sure you are aware of, is that on version .05 (just deleted .04 and installed .05) clicking the "Show Map" button locks up the app every time. Just wanted to mention it for the others or yourself if you haven't noticed. Anyway, great start, and thanks for the app!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Thanks for this app!! I have been trying to find a way to test the speedometer on my motorcycle/jeep since SprintNav doesn't have a MPH output on it. This is exactly what I was looking for, with the added benefit of enticing me to run again

One thing I did notice, that I am sure you are aware of, is that on version .05 (just deleted .04 and installed .05) clicking the "Show Map" button locks up the app every time. Just wanted to mention it for the others or yourself if you haven't noticed. Anyway, great start, and thanks for the app!
    ah thanks. I was experimenting with the google maps api and forgot to comment out the code.
    I just tried this app for the first time this morning (0.4, not 0.5) while I was on the shuttle on my way to work. First of all, this is an awesome app and I can't wait to try it out on my run. Thanks a lot for all of your efforts!

Second, I've read about the issues with the app not tracking once the screen shuts off. While I had the app running, I hit the power button to shut the screen off and it continued to track my progress. This may not be related because I know the issue specifically mentions that it doesn't continue tracking when the screen times out, which is different than shutting the screen off yourself. In any event, I thought I'd throw that in there in case it helps.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Tried the newest version on the new updated web os. I went on a 3 mile run. Took with me my Garmin 405. Timing was spot on and the distance and pace was very very close to what my 405 displayed. My run was 22 min streaming pandora and pretrack with my bluetooth Motorola s9hd. Started with 97% bat and ended with 84% battery

here are my observations.

1. Ability to dim the screen and prevent lock so that you can view your results
    2. App ran very very slow with pandora. I don't know if it was pandora or not that is the memory hog.
    3. It locked up at the end and I needed to restart the app. unfortunately, i couldn't try the map. Since it was locked up. I wish the last run details had been stored so that i can review it.

All in all very good progress
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Show map doesn't seem to work with the latest release of the PalmOS. The app is very very slow to load as well in the new os. I used it for my second run today with no pandora just the app. Takes too long to load.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EBPMAN View Post
    Show map doesn't seem to work with the latest release of the PalmOS. The app is very very slow to load as well in the new os. I used it for my second run today with no pandora just the app. Takes too long to load.
    I have noticed the loading issue. I am not quite sure how to fix it but I am looking into it.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Great app. I've been using it for 3 days and its great. Speedy sat lock and accurate speed.
    Also Map work fine after 1.1 for me.
    Cant wait for future updates!
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
    Too lazy/don't have time to read six pages of comments, but if it hasn't been mentioned already, check this out:

Calories Burned During Exercise

Maybe the OP could integrate some kind of rudimentary calories burned based on average pace/time/weight?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Great Ap! I can't wait to try it out.
    Thanks
    Thanks for this App Im finally going to start running after i made it my new years resolution the last few years now i cand run with my pre by my side. Thanks
    My wife and I can not wait to use this! very sorry we can't help more with the development! good luck!!!
    Thanks for this app! I used it today for the first time on a bike ride. The device said I went about 9.5mi and the mapped route I did after the ride came out to 9.2, so I'm very happy with the results! Hopefully at some point we'll be able to export out the data so that I don't have to manually map a route each time I ride
    kmax, Please PM me on the site. I tried to PM you but because I do not yet have 15 posts it would not allow me
    You have a great start on the application. I would be interested in discussing a partnership with you.
    Last edited by jcrawford; 11/10/2009 at 07:23 AM.
    Joseph Crawford
    WebOS Tutorials / Information
    http://www.josephcrawford.com/
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I tried 0.5.0 on the emulator, using GPS Autodrive (using speedup several times). Coordinates are changing but no other data (speed etc.).
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    FYI your program is installed into a folder called pretrack. This is not the correct way of naming the destination folder according to palm rules. It should be the domain name of the company releasing the program followed by the program name. The following are some examples:
    com.boatrights.prechess
    com.keenstudios.checkers
    org.jwz.tipcalculator

This is done to prevent to 2 programs from overwriting each other. If you don't have a domain to use you can use your name or initials or a made up name. If you make this change please make sure to let people know to delete your original program before installing the update.
    This is a great app. Thank you.