Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Good stuff!

These are obviously not the major issues, but in addition to updating the Icon and app name from PreRun, need to update the menu button (says PRErun) and the bar at the top (says 0.1)

As far as the slider, just make it "On" and "Off", like the switch for Dev mode. I get why you use "Show" and "Hide", but using verbs does make it a little confusing.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    what feature would including the mapmyrun add to the program? I don't use it
    This website has the ability to take the GPS information then download it into their software and create a map of your trip automatically. As it is now, if you don't a GPS enabled device to record it for you you have to plot way-points. They make software but, as of now, there is no WebOS version.

Maybe this isn't where you are wanting to go with your program but, as a cyclist i can see this becoming a replacement for my bike computer and more!

In addition to showing where I am on a map add to that a highlight that shows where I've been, average speed, build an elevation map. So many possibilities!

I'm loading it now to try it out.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Heh, I always thought TrackPre sounded cool.
    Anyway, great job on the APP!
    Very smart!
    Another confirmation that distance isn't updating.

Once it stopped at 0.115 miles.

Other times it just said "NaN"

All other information is exactly the same as the $400 Garmin in my car. And I almost always had accuracy of ~10feet - much the same as the Garmin.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Awesome App. Thanks!!!!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I tried this it kept the speed correct while driving and it seemed like the altitude was right but that was about it.

Would it be possible to show a trace of where you went in Google maps.

Otherwise it is looking good.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Well done so far! Keep going!

Maybe for a little inspiration, here is a link to a similar app for the iPhone. http://www.imapmy.com/guide.php
    Last edited by clerick44; 07/20/2009 at 03:17 PM.
    Downloaded and will test again in the morning. Thanks for keeping it up! I want this to be my number 1 app!!!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Nice looking APP.
    Maybe you can keep the screen on by adding notifications every 30 seconds?
    Or somehow register an action without the user having to do anything every couple of seconds?

Keeping the screen on will be a heavy load to the battery... but if it works, you should probably put a message while the application starts:
    "Dim your screen! This application has to leave the screen on."
    ... or something like that.
    Version .3 worked like a champ. Took it for a spin around a few blocks and every data field updated correctly. The timer didn't stop when the stop button was pressed, but that was minor all things considered. The new display is much more usable. You are on your way to developing a great app. I'll give it another test in the morning with my run. I did get a Get Location Error:{"error code 4"}but that didn't seem to effect anything.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp Lucious View Post
    Version .3 worked like a champ. Took it for a spin around a few blocks and every data field updated correctly. The timer didn't stop when the stop button was pressed, but that was minor all things considered. The new display is much more usable. You are on your way to developing a great app. I'll give it another test in the morning with my run. I did get a Get Location Error:{"error code 4"}but that didn't seem to effect anything.
    Good to hear! What was your opinion on the distance stat, did it seem acurate??

Error code 4 means your gps was malfunctioning.
    Notes from this morning's run:

• Confirmed - timer does not stop when stop is pressed.
    • Everything continued to update when the screen went off.
    • Mileage was inaccurate. The route that I ran is approximately 2 miles, the app showed 4.11(I would love to take credit for running 4 miles in under 30 minutes, though )
    • Would like to see distance in upper section near clock, speed, and pace.
    • Would like to see a Pause button
    • I still think that the slider should have the opposite text that it currently has.

Keep up the awesome work...I love this app!
    One additional note - the distance could be limited to 2 decimal places.
    I know that you have renamed the app to Pretracker...but that don't seem like it fits...how about something like PreFit, since your original vision was to use for running and biking/walking were a natural progression...or would Nintendo get p!ssy about that name being too close to WiiFit? Again HUGE THANKS for working on this!

I have another idea for a related app, and am going to take a stab at getting into this. I am not a developer, but do have a backround in Unix system administration, so it could be interesting!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marktaylor View Post
    I know that you have renamed the app to Pretracker...but that don't seem like it fits...how about something like PreFit, since your original vision was to use for running and biking/walking were a natural progression...or would Nintendo get p!ssy about that name being too close to WiiFit? Again HUGE THANKS for working on this!

I have another idea for a related app, and am going to take a stab at getting into this. I am not a developer, but do have a backround in Unix system administration, so it could be interesting!

Haha funny you say PreFit because I am making a fitness calculator (bmi, target heart rate, etc) called PreFit.

what about PreTrace?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marktaylor View Post
    Notes from this morning's run:

• Everything continued to update when the screen went off.
    • Mileage was inaccurate. The route that I ran is approximately 2 miles, the app showed 4.11(I would love to take credit for running 4 miles in under 30 minutes, though )
    \
    All processes exept gps coordinates will continue to update. This may be why your distance is off. I am gonna run around the track today to test the distance .
    I appreciate the updates you have made, they are very nice.

I agree with the previous poster who said they would like to see the distance value on the main screen.

As far as the accuracy of the distance goes, I drove in my car today and the odometer read 5.3 miles while the pre said 5.567. However I think I know what is causing this. While sitting stopped at a traffic light the distance value continues to increase. I think what is going on is that all gps devices 'wander' some at a standstil. I believe this app is recording the distance while the gps wanders. Sometimes it is pretty severe....while at a rather long light today it gained almost 0.1 miles. I think the way to deal with this is to throw away distances obtained when the speed is less than some value - say 0.1 mph. That should eliminate false increases in distance.

If someone runs for some distance, stopa to rest a few mins and then runs back...they would definitely see some very odd distance measures.

Thanks again for your hard work.
    Great app now I can track all my ebay shippments! =)
    I would suggest you look into how the screen lock handles the turning off the screen. Maybe your app could change the value when starting up and change it back to the default set in the screen settings when shutting down?

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs

is the file on the device.

I thought about this when I had to put the modification in place to not turn off the screen so that my ssh connection would not be closed.
    Sweet. Now I can stream Pandora and keep up with my running stats on one device. Nice work, although I too noticed the distance to be overly generous by about a mile on my 7 mile run. And here's another vote for putting the distance stat more prominently on the card.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast