Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Here's my wishlist:

Port this over to work with the Pre "My tracks for Android" and then make it compatible with mapmyride.com's API so I can import my workouts.

Once you get that done, put up a donation button and I'll gladly donate towards your time!
    Thanks for keeping up on it! I will give it a try in the AM...one suggestion - Can you add the ability to keep a history of runs/bikes/etc???
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marktaylor View Post
    Thanks for keeping up on it! I will give it a try in the AM...one suggestion - Can you add the ability to keep a history of runs/bikes/etc???
    that will happen in the future definitely. I'll have to learn about data storage on the pre first.
    For your logo, what file type and size do you need? Any specifics on what it should be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    For your logo, what file type and size do you need? Any specifics on what it should be?
    64x64 png.

A quickie. I'm sure there are better photoshoppers, but it's something to use until the app picks up. If I get bored after work tomorrow, I'll put more work into it. If you want me to change it in anyway, just tell me.
    Its tracking now! Impressive.

As far as speed/pace goes, I think it might be nice to have the following:

1. Instantaneous speed/pace (averaged over x coordinates retrievals).

2. Average speed/pace (averaged from time you hit start until when you hit stop).

I think if you tell people something like "Coordinates are retrieved every x seconds. Your instantaneous speed and pace values might be fairly erratic if you are changing your speed often. If you would like to 'smooth' these values out some (minimize the noise of short term variation in speed), you can select the number of coordinate retrievals over which to average these values below. Larger numbers are smoother, smaller numbers are more erratic but tell you exactly what you are doing at that split second." Then give them a choice of 3,4,5,or 6. Something like that.

Cool cool cool.
    winmo had gps performance,you could even do 0-60 times with it,was awesome when tuning my triumph,started at gps acceleration i guess,was a nice app,havent installed this one yet,but wanted to say thanks for working on one
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drac0Linux View Post
    Here's my wishlist:

Port this over to work with the Pre "My tracks for Android" and then make it compatible with mapmyride.com's API so I can import my workouts.

Once you get that done, put up a donation button and I'll gladly donate towards your time!
    +100000000 this is exactly what I was going to suggest.

MapMyRide.com | MapMyRide.com API
    Quote Originally Posted by Drac0Linux View Post
    Here's my wishlist:

Agreed, I would easily pay for something 1/2 as slick as that Android app.
    How about the ability to stealth install (for spy tracking), Mapping using Google Maps (to see where the person has been), date & time stamps, and the ability to email itself at set intervals?

I know your app is for running, but it would also be a good tool for keeping track of your kids and there whereabouts.
    This mornings testing shows that all of the fields seem to be updating except for the Distance Traveled (Miles) field. I like it so far, though...great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by marktaylor View Post
    This mornings testing shows that all of the fields seem to be updating except for the Distance Traveled (Miles) field. I like it so far, though...great work.
    Confirmed good but no distance traveled tracked. It tried but stopped at.0201 miles. Like a few have already stated, once you get the core of the program running smoothly figure out how to store and allow output to a mapping service. Utilizing Google mapping API looks like a great existing option. Great work so far.
    Last edited by Pimp Lucious; 07/20/2009 at 08:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post

A quickie. I'm sure there are better photoshoppers, but it's something to use until the app picks up. If I get bored after work tomorrow, I'll put more work into it. If you want me to change it in anyway, just tell me.
    thanks for the icon!

if you get a chance, could you try and icon that emphasize the overall tracking aspect (rather than just the run tracking), but beggars can't be choosers.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    what do people think about this icon? i think that it encompasses the idea of the application.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clerick44 View Post

what feature would including the mapmyrun add to the program? I don't use it
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Kmax12,

I am including some suggestions / pics. As a runner the most important info for me during a run is my time, pace and distance. I really like the additional information that you have in the form of statistics. I would suggest that since their is so much info that it moves to a second screen. The user can swipe back if they want to go to the first screen. But keep at the very top the same core info at the top. Time, Pace and Distance. (Others please chime in here).

Based on that suggestion I have included some photoshop mock ups. Also. Once the satellites are acquired, you could hide that area. Its really not needed after it has a lock. Maybe even use an icon of a satellite (small) So you have more screen real estate.

Here is some ruff ones. My preference is option one

Does anyone know if there is a visual tool that allows you do design the screens for the pre? Then see the coding in the backend like dreamweaver?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by clerick44 View Post

what feature would including the mapmyrun add to the program? I don't use it

I like the naming a run. It adds to my suggestion. Also the description. Being able to send a run to a friend is nice too. I do this often.
    One other question/suggestion:

Shouldn't the slider that is used to show/hide the stats have the opposite text as what you have...in other words, the action that the slider will take should be in the text...so if it is hidden and I want to show it, the slider should say "Show".
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    what do people think about this icon? i think that it encompasses the idea of the application.
    Kmax12,

From an Icon perspective, I would suggest an icon that depicts a runner / biker, walker (hiker) type combo since this can serve so many different uses. That is your audience.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast