Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I have some suggested enhancements.

1. Ability to set a lap. For example, it could be set to one mile. So when the lap is reached provide audio feedback in the form of a message such as "Mile Reached" It would be even better to allow the user to add any sound of their choice.
    2. Save the runs to a log for future reference. Allow the saved runs to be mapped to google maps
    3. Ability to set a virtual partner. Set a pace and track how your pace is in comparison to your partner.
    4. Ability to view your path on stored map. Once you have completed a run and stored it on the device, give the user the ability to bring up the last run. With that a map of the run. This would be displayed on the device and show exactly where you are and how much is left of your run.
    5. Dim the screen during the run. Screen would come back one the screen is tapped
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrock85 View Post
    Few good things and a few bad things.

Sustainments

1. nice addition of google maps
    2. Found the satellites within 3 seconds
    3. Lat, long, alt, all correct!

Room for improvement
    1. Speed/ pace/ and distance did not work at all for me. Tried walk slowly and briskly. I ran for about a a tenth of a mile. Also rode the motorcycle from 5mph to 20mph for a mile. Kept moving the screen so it wouldnt time out. these stats never read anything more then "0, Get Moving!, and 0"

2. GPS only seems to work when going slower than 2mph.
    I got the exact same results except I don't think the GPS location changed at all. I tried restarting and even a reboot during the run, but never could get it to work.

I would give the option to disable the accelerometer screen orientation. It's more of a hassle than a plus when trying to view the screen holding the device in hand during a run. I also agree that much of the accuracy readings are not needed. I would like to see the pace and distance traveled on the screen even when statistics are hid. EBPMAN hit some of the other options that would be nice in the future.
    I like the audible alerts idea where the app would encourage you, maybe?

That would be future thinking for a profitable app that a lot of Americans would download since we get in on any fitness trend.
    This will be awesome when finished and available to us NonRoots. Keep up the good work and this place never ceases to amaze me and reinforce my awesome choice to get this Kicka$$ phone!!!
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Hey i seen you ask about gps accuracy in the Palm documentation it shows you an option to set to make the gps get greater accuracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by survivalsounds View Post
    I like the audible alerts idea where the app would encourage you, maybe?

That would be future thinking for a profitable app that a lot of Americans would download since we get in on any fitness trend.
    lol that is funny. We do get lazy unless someone is yelling at us. kind of like the military or some boss looking over our shoulder. This App should take off as a good trend. Least it has more of a purpose then Beanie Babies and the troll dolls of the 80's and 90's
    Acquired satellites quickly inside and outside - I had accuracy to 15 feet, so that wasn't a problem at all.

All the info was awesome.

However - what seems to be happening is that when you hit the button to show 'statistics', whatever comes up that first instant is what stays. So, walking in my yard it showed 1.68mph and then never changed. Driving in my car it showed 62mph and never changed. The only way I can get new data is to close the card and open it again. It is still updating points (evidenced by the number count increasing in the "number of coordinates box" - that number keeps counting. I got it up to 400 one time. But still no change in any of the rest of the data.

Just fyi.

I like the program, I like where we can go with it!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Contact aonic as he has a feature on My Tether to turn off the screen but the phone on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp Lucious View Post

I would give the option to disable the accelerometer screen orientation. It's more of a hassle than a plus when trying to view the screen holding the device in hand during a run.
    I agree with this, it kept flopping back and forth when I was holding it because of the motion of my arms. However, it would be nice to be in landscape mode when in a car or on a back. Options are good
    Last edited by intron; 07/19/2009 at 04:02 PM.
    Yes...thank you sooo much. I will install and try this out. This is one of the few things that I still use the iPod for...I use Nike+ and have been wanting a GPS enabled runnig app for my Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12
    How would I do it then? I only have gps coordiantes.

not sure if you understood what i was talking about or not but heres an example. Say you have a destination of "R" for this example

you have starting point A and are going towards point B. The GPS can detect the direction you are going by connecting the dots and knows which direction you are headed.I think for the GPS to work you have to be moving at least 3mph. The compass will have 2 arrows. 1 arrow for the direction u are traveling North,southwest etc. The second arrow is pointing towards the destination whose coordinates u put into the app. You will know you are headed towards the right direction once both arrows line up.

Hopefully this makes sense. If not i could break it down more but i will see if i can get my friend to give up his code from the iphone version in the meantime

or just have compass rotate to show direction and have 1 line for destination.

heres another example that almost exactly what i am looking for. I just found this for the iphone 5 minutes ago

This app rocks if you could get it ported to the palm pre . Check out the website for the other features of this app. might help with suggestions for the PreTrack

MotionXGPS
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Don't limit yourself to running! I would love to use my phone as my bike computer if I knew that the battery would last more than 4 hours with it running GPS ( I think it does, haven't tried it). Garmin makes a bike computer with GPS, but it costs $500!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dic Doc View Post
    Don't limit yourself to running! I would love to use my phone as my bike computer if I knew that the battery would last more than 4 hours with it running GPS ( I think it does, haven't tried it). Garmin makes a bike computer with GPS, but it costs $500!
    isnt that how much the Pre costs without the 2 year plan? I guess the Pre can do alot more. The motion X works great for bikes. look right on their homepage and they have the iphone with the motionx mounted right on the handlebars hurry up kmax getting anxious
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrock85 View Post
    isnt that how much the Pre costs without the 2 year plan? I guess the Pre can do alot more. The motion X works great for bikes. look right on their homepage and they have the iphone with the motionx mounted right on the handlebars hurry up kmax getting anxious
    I am swamped with work tonight, but Ill start working tomorrow.
    This would be great for my 1.5-2 hour bike rides, I hope you get it all worked out!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I am about to post PREtracker .2 in the opening post. Check it out.

Fixes:
    Quote Originally Posted by intron View Post
    However - what seems to be happening is that when you hit the button to show 'statistics', whatever comes up that first instant is what stays. So, walking in my yard it showed 1.68mph and then never changed. Driving in my car it showed 62mph and never changed. The only way I can get new data is to close the card and open it again.
    updating location/speed/etc issue FIXED

Everything should be okay to test performence. once I can okay that it works I'll begin to move on to UI tweaks and features (like compass, saving runs, etc)
    Last edited by kmax12; 07/19/2009 at 08:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    just throwing out an idea for speed and pace.

what do people think about it taking the average of the last 3 coordiantes to calculate those values? would it be nice to have an option of how many coordinates it averaged to calculate the values? that way the user could decide.

BTW keep on throwing out ideas for the app. they area all beign taken into account.
    Thanks. Will try it again in the morning. Think you should remove the link to the original version to avoid confusion or erroneous feedback.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp Lucious View Post
    Thanks. Will try it again in the morning. Think you should remove the link to the original version to avoid confusion or erroneous feedback.
    link removed. thanks
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    seeing as this application is no longer PRErun, the icon doesn't really working. Is there anyone out there with has for photoshop skillz like to whip up an icon?
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast