Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Great work. I will definitely use this a lot
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I used this the other day while driving and noticed that the speed was jumping all over the place. I'd suggest doing a 3-5 value rolling average. Meaning get speed values 1, 2 and 3 then average them and print that. Then you get value 4 and you'll show an average of 2,3 and 4. That should smooth out the jumps while not losing accuracy.

The only other issue I saw was that the average speed stayed 0.00 and I did about 20 miles in 30 minutes. That didn't compute.
    First off I want to thank the author for the app. This a great idea, now i just need to figure out a good place to put my phone when I run. I do have one possible bug and I didn't see anybody else mention anything about it. When i push "Find Satellites" i get text right above it that pushes everything down a line and says "screen timeout end" and it doesn't go away until I close and load the app again. I'm running version 0.5. Is this normal? Also, i was thinking that for another add on idea is to be able to save the data so it can be sent to a pc program that can run calculations and give you further feed back and also loads your trail into Google Maps/Earth.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph6Raymond View Post
    I do have one possible bug and I didn't see anybody else mention anything about it. When i push "Find Satellites" i get text right above it that pushes everything down a line and says "screen timeout end" and it doesn't go away until I close and load the app again. I'm running version 0.5. Is this normal?
    Yes, I believe this is a known bug.
    I also agree it would be cool to keep a log of your runs (time/distance/pace)... I've been just taking screenshots instead for now, which does the same thing.
    How do you get tracker on the pre
    Added link in Opening Post for Homebrew Gallery:

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: PREtracker

- Craig
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    don't know if this was mentioned in the past few pages (didn't read them all) but some abillity to send 'current' location would be great - on lets say a regular basis. I'd love to say - send it so its tracked to a web site - but that's a lot. Maybe more in the veign of a text message every few minutes in the way that tweed can send one's location when you tell it to. For example - a good friend will be running some marithons coming up. To be able to know when he's getting close to me would be hugely helpful. Sprint has their family location software - but this would be better
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    You could use the homebrew Longitude app to post the current location to a web site. It works well and updates very frequently and timely.

As far as a pseudo compass, using 8 cases and tangent with adjustments for quadrants would work. Its quick and dirty. It assumes a flat mercator world so it is not exact but good for most all real world applications. Shouldn't need complicated formulas for lines on the surface of a sphere. If you want, I can draw up the logic, no code though.
    Everything works wonderfully and kept track of speed and distance very accurately until I stopped jogging once i was back to my car and the distance travelled spiked up an extra .4 miles out of nowhere, not entirely sure why.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Very good concept and good app so far.
    I have a suggestion of a different type. I have a need for an app like this, but not for hiking etc... I am a service tech that covers a large area and I need to track where I have been, mileages, times of stops etc... and this would be wonderful especially if it could produce reports and send them to me in an email. Also, a very important feature would be the tracking on the maps, but I know you are already working on that. Thanks for a very valuable app.
    Nice work -- thanks!

For desired features, I know of a couple of applications -- Snow Ranger and Slope Tracker -- that overlay skiers' GPS tracks onto resort maps. As a skier, I'd love to see integration with one of those apps. Those developers may also have good suggestions about interfacing with APIs.
    kmax12, great app!!!! I was very excited about using it for this mornings hike. I love this app and know I will use it often.

I wanted to share (2) issues I ran into when I used this app.
    1- Load time took quite awhile (minor issue)
    2- "Show Map" - After completing my hike, I tapped on "Pause", turned on my statistics for viewing and everything was great. I then tapped on "Show Map" but got no response. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but that would be an awsome feature that already works or is still in the works.
    Hi,

I want to thank you for taking the time to make a running app available for the Pre. Here are some things that I consider important for my own use.

1. I would like to be able to keep track of all my runs and rides by name, cumulatively and separately. There is certainly enough storage area on the Pre to save the run info right on the application.

2.I would like to be able to stop a run and have it available to look at later. There are currently only two options, resume or reset.

3. I would like some of the functions available on the Nike running program.

Terry
  14. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I gotta say, I really appreciate you putting the time and effort into this app, and I have been following and using it from the first release, but it's still completely non-usable.

Today I finally took version 0.5 out to a jog, and it did in fact tell me my speed, and seemed like it was getting the data from the GPS alright, but it WOULD NOT give me my total distance and average speed. Not even when I paused, maybe after I'm done with running, THEN i'll get the data.. but wait - where is the STOP button? no where to be found! all I have is resume and reset...

Ok, so no total run mileage, maybe I can see a map of my run? click on map... FREEZE, the whole application froze and I have to shut it down.

CLOSE - but no cigar man, maybe version 0.6 will be the savior.
    2- "Show Map" - After completing my hike, I tapped on "Pause", turned on my statistics for viewing and everything was great. I then tapped on "Show Map" but got no response. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but that would be an awsome feature that already works or is still in the works.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same issue. Reading through previous posts it looks like this feature worked at one point. Are there any fixes?
    the homebrew apps rock. Of them all this is the gem I'd love to see come to fruition. Thank you for your efforts!

I noticed today that I had to turn my phone off/ shut it down for the app to start workinging properly agian. I've had the same problem with my Sprint GPS on the phone so that may be beyond the app.

thanks again!!!
    App is a start. I used Sportypal on my Touch Pro, which is basically what this app wants to be. Check out sportypal.com, maybe those people can help you out...
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I have thought about this a lot and have decided to stop pursuing development of PreTracker. I am willing to give the code I have so far to anyone. At this point I dont have plans to continue development, but it is possible I will at a later date.
    nice app... I love it
    I love love love this one!! It is great even for walks. AND -- since I can't see the speedometer when the hubby is driving -- when I ask him to slow down ... I have proof against "I'm not going that fast!"

THANKS!!
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast