Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Ditto on the freezing thing. I try to scroll down and it gets to around Failblocking (or whatever it was) and locks up completely. I got an email confirming that you added my comic so I really hope it's got nothing to do with the freeze!
    Last edited by cebronix; 02/23/2010 at 09:25 AM.
    Two words.

Far. Side.

That is all. ;-)

Is it possible? Are they available online at all?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Cool! Thanks for the app!
    Same problem with freezing in the configuration screen. Also, at least for me, the zoom feature is now broken. Thanks for the app, however! Use it every morning.
    Yep. Just installed today, and noticed it is freezing in config screen. Zoom feature was working for me initially, but haven't checked it lately.
    I'm getting the freezing thing too, but it fixes after a few moments.

I've found another bug tho. I added FoxTrot, then dragged it all the way up to the top of the list. It looks fine in the config screen, but on the drop-down during "normal viewing" it shows up at both the top AND bottom. :/
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I'm getting the freezing thing too, but it fixes after a few moments.
    I just gave mine a good 30 minutes and it's still stuck at the same spot in the list. Can't scroll up or down anymore. What's sad is I uninstalled and the app to see if that would fix it and now I can't get to the bottom of the list to even re-add the comics I originally had, much less add the new ones.

Oh well. I'm sure it'll be fixed eventually. Then Comics can be my favorite app again.
    Same problem. Please do something about it, Roar.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    There's an update out in the app catalog now. It's fixed
  10.    #250  
    Hi guys, I'm very sorry about the freezing thing but thankfully Palm approved the latest update very quickly, so please update to v0.9.2 and it will be fixed.
    To make it up to you I have added some very often requested comics :-) namely:
    People Of Walmart
    FoxTrot
    UserFriendly
    Shattered Myth
    Baby Blues
    Zits
    Blondie
    Doonesbury
    Wizard of Id

thanks for the support and have fun!

PS: No Far Side. I will only add active and running comics that are available on the web, The Far Side is neither Also, the Comics app is not supposed to be an archive of comics, but rather to provide you with the newest strips. If anybody finds The Far Side comics free for use on the web I might create a separate app for that.
    Great additions on top of a remarkable remake. Look forward to downloading my favourite comics every morning. Thanks!
    Ever since I upgraded to v.9.2 some comics don't load - specificly I Can Has Cheeseburger, Fail Blog, and Hawtness.
    Is it me or is the Configure screen still laggy? Also can Marvin be added to the list
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Is it me or is the Configure screen still laggy? Also can Marvin be added to the list
    it seems kinda laggy for me when I first open it but it is probably just from loading the list, seems fine after a few seconds.

A preference I would like to see is to be able to turn the swipe left or right to go to another days comic off or on. It seems that about a third of the comics I looked at today changed as I was just scrolling trying to see a full picture, even when I was being careful.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Wooo! all fixed. Thanks for the great app.
    Another feature that would be nice is to change the order of the configure screen. As you get more and more comics in, it will be harder to see which comics are new when they are only shown in order. Maybe give the option to show comics in the order they are added or to make it so new comics are actually shown when added to app and they have to be manually removed. Besides that its a great app and I enjoy reading my comics at work.
    For the last few days, Peanuts, Luann, and Pearls Before Swine have just hung at the loading screen. Occasionally they will load after at least 3 - 4 minutes, but usually not. Do you have any idea how to fix this? Thanks very much.

EDIT: Never mind, working now. Thanks nonetheless.
    Last edited by kallan42; 03/11/2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Change in circumstances
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Love this app, use it every day. I was just about to make some requests but I see you got them already in the App Catalog version.
    hey my favorite comic isn't there anymore. Did you take any out?
    icons showing in photo app... can i comment out the folder with the "."?