Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 265
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #201  
    Does anyone know a way to integrate *.cbr files into the pre. If your geek enough you know that cbr files are comic book reader files for PC and MAC where you can read old comics in full color on your device. I have a series called Jonah Hex I'd like to be able to read on my Palm on the go. Thanks for a great app!
  2. neve's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by yo-ta View Post
    Does anyone know a way to integrate *.cbr files into the pre.
    why not just unzip the cbr into jpgs and read with the photo viewer? That's what I do.

    honestly though, endless scrolling on a tiny screen does kind of get in the way of the experience for me. Much better suited for a tablet, IMO.
  3. #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    The App will probably be available via Palm's new web distribution system (for free) soon.

    Any news when it will be available? I am assuming that once it is in the web distribution system, it will show up in App Scoop?
  4. jrtesq's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #204  
    I still love this and use it everyday.

    If you are still adding comics to the app, I have some requests:

    Bizarro
    F-Minus
    Indexed
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
  5. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by yo-ta View Post
    Does anyone know a way to integrate *.cbr files into the pre. If your geek enough you know that cbr files are comic book reader files for PC and MAC where you can read old comics in full color on your device. I have a series called Jonah Hex I'd like to be able to read on my Palm on the go. Thanks for a great app!
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    why not just unzip the cbr into jpgs and read with the photo viewer? That's what I do.

    honestly though, endless scrolling on a tiny screen does kind of get in the way of the experience for me. Much better suited for a tablet, IMO.
    See: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ok-reader.html

    Unless they changed the way the picture viewer zooms I can't use the Pre for reading comics (except the ones supported through the Comics app). Manually zooming is way to big of a pain in the picture viewer when you are reading slower than a normal speed (for me at least). The Comics app implementation of double tap zoom is awesome in comparison.
  6. #206  
    first app i ever downloaded...and still loving it
  7.    #207  
    Hooray!
    Comics has just been published to the official App Catalog, so go and download it from there
    Please delete your old comics version first, then download the new one, your settings will be lost though. Don't download the new version from Preware, it's the same old version but with a screen urging users to upgrade. I will remove Comics from Homebrew soon.
    The new version is capable of updating the comics library online, so you don't have to download a new version of the App if I add a new comic.
    Also some new comics are available, such as:
    • Sherman's Lagoon
    • Jesus & Mo
    • Indexed
    • Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • F-Minus
    • Penny Arcade
    • Apokalips

    (and possibly more, note that Bizarro is not yet available, sorry, but it's on my todo list)

    You can find more info, screenshots, sourcecode and and the donate button here: http://mojojungle.com/apps/comics
    If you click on "Help" or "Frequently Asked Questions" you will find 2 more links you may find interesting.

    Thanks for all your feedback, keep the comics requests coming, either here or via the website!

    edit: also my 100th post 8)
  8. #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    Comics has just been published to the official App Catalog, so go and download it from there
    Nice, that pretty much completes my move away from homebrew (not including patches, but the official App Catalog is just so much more convenient).

    Anyway, any chance of the "Share" button having a "Copy to Clipboard" option? I find that usually when I want to send a link to someone, it's a person with whom I've already got a conversation, so I'd rather just copy and paste it in.
  9. #209  
    Just a question, why did you make the app only for US residents?

    "This application is not available in your country"

    Mexico here.
  10. pjones's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #210  
    Thanks for the great work on this app, and for making it available for free!

    Here's a big PLEASE for including Dinosaur Comics in the list (RSS Feed)... That would rocket this app straight into the "Best Ever" category. Thanks for considering!
  11.    #211  
    Dinosaur Comics (and sinfest.net) is now available!
    don't forget to leave a nice review in the App Catalog
    @Bunny: I still need a Spanish description for the app, I'll add it soon.
    @jhoff: good idea, will see if that's possible
  12. #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    Dinosaur Comics (and sinfest.net) is now available!
    don't forget to leave a nice review in the App Catalog
    @Bunny: I still need a Spanish description for the app, I'll add it soon.
    @jhoff: good idea, will see if that's possible
    Sooo easy, PM with the current desc and I'll gladly translate it!
  13. jrtesq's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #213  
    Thanks!!!!

    Big ups for Comics.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
  14. #214  
    roar,

    Hooray indeed! It's great to see this app in the official catalog. I've already left a glowing 5-star review for you there. Thanks for making it available in Canada. Hopefully it's available worldwide - we all need a good laugh!

    I have two comic requests and a functionality request. First the comics:

    Unshelved: Unshelved by Gene Ambaum and Bill Barnes
    Retail: New comics available at Retail | seattlepi.com. Creator's website at Norm Feuti Cartoons -.

    Next, the functionality request. Is it possible to rearrange the order that the comics appear in the top drop-down menu, and to have an option to always start viewing at the top of this list? This would more closely approximate the feel of the newspaper comics page. Also under the category of functionality - Sherman's Lagoon doesn't seem to be loading as I write this.

    Thanks again!
  15. #215  
    Please make it available worldwide soon I',m in Spain, and I uninstalled it to install it from the official app catalog, but I couldn't.

    Should you need help with the Spanish translation, feel free to let me know; I'd gladly help, I just love your app.
    Last edited by manueljaime; 02/09/2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: missed an "m"
  16. #216  
    Hi again,

    One more comic request:

    Full Frontal Nerdity: http://nodwick.humor.gamespy.com/ffn/index.php

    Cheers!
    Last edited by kallan42; 02/09/2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Corrected hyperlink
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    Next, the functionality request. Is it possible to rearrange the order that the comics appear in the top drop-down menu, and to have an option to always start viewing at the top of this list? This would more closely approximate the feel of the newspaper comics page. Also under the category of functionality - Sherman's Lagoon doesn't seem to be loading as I write this.
    You can reorder the items both in the drop down menu as well as in the configure screen by draggind and dropping the items.
    Sherman's Lagoon actually works fine, there's just no comic for today: Sherman's Lagoon Comic Strip -- 2/9/10
    The App will soon be available in Spain and Mexico, I've already submitted it to Palm so you'll have to wait just 1 or 2 more days.
    Thanks for the comic suggestions, they're in my queue now
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    You can reorder the items both in the drop down menu as well as in the configure screen by draggind and dropping the items.
    Huh. So you can. Thanks! Any way to get the app to always open up with the top comic?

    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    Thanks for the comic suggestions, they're in my queue now
    Looking forward to them!
  19.    #219  
    The App is now available in Spain and Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    Any way to get the app to always open up with the top comic?
    To be honest, probably not in the near future, I think most users are comfortable with the present last-comic-opened setting and I don't plan a software update soon but I can add that maybe to the Preferences screen when the next update is due.
  20. #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    The App is now available in Spain and Mexico
    This application is not available in your country (Mexico). Just checked

    What can we do?

Posting Permissions