Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Awesome App. Thanks!!!!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Awesome App. Thanks!!!!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Nice job CSTUCKER.... i wont download myself...(not much of a developer). but for those precentralers that are in and out 100 times a day....what a great idea!!!! it always seems like the easy small little things are over looked or belittled by some people above..... alot of NERVE!!!

again good job!!
    The Wams
    awesome app, thanks!
    This definetly was a life saver! To not have to input all those keys saves my fingertips, lol. Thanks for your hard work.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Cool app, and good for those who don't want to use the command line. For those who can, it's also simple to follow the instructions on the webos-internals wiki to show the app launcher that's already installed. All you need is the sdk.
    can somebody for sure clear up the danger of leaving your phone in dev mode on? like i know it turns off the firewall and "opens ur phone" for intrustion but like are you saying i can walk down the street with my phone in my hand and somebody WIRELESSLY hack me? or you saying i'd have to physically loose my phone for somebody to get into it.

Or say if i leave my developer mode off. I mean how ward is it for somebody to just type the konami code and turn it right back on?
  8.    #68  
    I was unable to find any security flaws while in dev mode versus non-dev mode. That is solely from the outside network. In theory, if you don't root and install any third party native linux apps security shouldn't be an issue. If you are in dev mode the only way to access the phone is external from the internet(which, according to my tests, is secure), bluetooth, usb, or wifi. The wifi shouldn't be an issue unless you set up an adhoc wifi network for tethering. Bluetooth may only be an issue if it is turned on, but it does require pairing. And usb... well obviously you are gonna notice someone attaching via usb. I can't find any downfalls to keeping it in dev mode, so it really shouldn't matter, but I like to keep mine out of dev mode anyway. Not only does it make me feel better, but it also forces me to use my app. =D
    Last edited by cstucker; 07/22/2009 at 01:30 AM.
    Awesome App. Thanks!!!!
    Thank you very much. This litle app helps alot.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Almost every time I try to download an app and install it using the drop file here arrow program, I get an error message that file cannot open. Should I be using the other installation method?
    LOLZ I am sooo lazy.....Thanks so much for this app!.....It really saves time!....I WOULD ACTUALLY PAY FOR THIS APP LMAO!!!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    nice!
    Amazing! Thanks this helps!!!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Perfect....thanks!
    cstucker,

Congratulations!

PreCentral has you in the top ten Homebrew apps so far!

In fact you are #4 and one of the newest apps in the ranking. I for one use your app almost every day.

- Craig
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen10 View Post
    Almost every time I try to download an app and install it using the drop file here arrow program, I get an error message that file cannot open. Should I be using the other installation method?
    I still just use the palm-install from the SDK.

And thanks for the support guys.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Does this work with OS 1.1?
    Very helpful, thanks
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Does this work with OS 1.1?
    I made it with the officially released SDK, so I would assume so... I don't know, let me check...
    Yup
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast