Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    how does this app work? does it simulate the user pressing the button

I have my pre rooted, and therefore have unhide dev mode, but this app is AWESOME for anyone who doesn't root their phone.

and yeah, of course it is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    alternately u can unhide developer mode from the wiki instructions..
    That is what I did a while back. This app is good for people who don't want to unhide it though
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    There's already a hack in the predev wiki that allows you to unhide the dev mode app. Saves a step when you need to enable dev mode.
    True but I think that others over in the developer forum would say that if you don't know what the terms mean, don't root your device.

Rooting your Pre and hacking it may be a good approach for those who understand and are fine taking those risks.

But for many others maybe the SDK approach is a better bet?

A Simple How-to Guide for getting homebrew apps onto your Pre

- Craig
    thank you. its the best thing after slice bread
    Quote Originally Posted by rj_989 View Post
    Don't take this as me knocking this app, but is this worth it?
    I think that most would agree that the price is hard to beat! Of course it is no Fart app!

- Craig
    This is a classic example of a no brainer app that I cant believe wasnt the first one created in the homebrew section!.... Thanks for saving us non-rooted phone people a lot of typing!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Right on thank you so much
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    There's already a hack in the predev wiki that allows you to unhide the dev mode app. Saves a step when you need to enable dev mode.
    Yes, IF you've rooted your Pre. In time I think I will, but I'm in no rush. Plus, Linux-eese absolutely befuddles me.
    Any chance on making this a headless app that just enters the code and cuts out the middle man? I guess I am looking this gift-horse in the mouth and for that I apologize. Still, ya know, could ya?
    Awesome!!! I requested this app a few days ago and I'm sooo happy that somebody took the time to develop it! YOUR ROCK!!
    very useful if you like to take your phone out of developer mode. thank you for the great app
    -T
    Oh my gosh! Thanks!
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
  14.    #34  
    Thanks for the feedback guys.
    To clear a few things up:
    1) I do realize that there is the hack, but this is a NRR method and that was my intention.
    2) This doesn't actually enter the code. It just uses the application manager service call to launch the Palm developer mode switcher app.
    3) I don't like to keep my phone in dev mode, but I can't say for certain that there is anything wrong with doing so

To Colonel Kernel: I was thinking the same thing about that a few minutes ago, but this app was really just me testing out a few of the features in the official SDK. I was thinking about repackaging a "lite" version and distributing that as well.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    This is very good..Thanks! I would rather not root the phone either. Not really wanting to risk screwing it up, so this is cool.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Do we actually need to type the command line in order to install this ipk, or can we use the drag and drop method that is used for other ipk files???
    nice, quick and easy!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have a question, you seem like the guy to ask...Is anybody developing an app to make the phone go to landscape on things that don't landscape, like email? I read a trick to get it to do it, which is RocknRollHax. you have to hold the arrow while typing the "R's" & the "H" similar to typing out the Konami code. I tried it, it works, but as in this great little app to do Konami code, I'm lazy...would love to have an app that does it.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcassio View Post
    Do we actually need to type the command line in order to install this ipk, or can we use the drag and drop method that is used for other ipk files???
    Yes..drag, drop...no more typing code. This even works to get in & out of developer mode once you install it. Thank the developer cstucker for this one!
  20.    #40  
    jays_pre is right, any method that works for installing ipks should work, but the command method is the only one I have tested because I have gotten so used to using it.
    And to answer jays_pre's question, I am haven't but any work into it and have no idea if anyone else is. I think you may have misinterpreted the way this app works based on your question. This doesn't actually enter the code, it simply calls the dev app using javascript. I understand your request and would love to see it happen, but I believe the only method for that would be to root and modify the app code to allow rotation. Considering it is already implemented in email, it shouldn't be too hard to enable it with typing in the code, but I have yet to look into that.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast