Page 1 of 68 1234561151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Checkbook Beta for webOS-enabled devices
    Checkbook, a financial management application, allows you to efficiently track your finances on your webOS-enabled device. Checkbook allows you to create many different accounts, and each account can hold thousands of transactions. Track incomes, expenses, and transfers between accounts with ease, and back up your data with Google Spreadsheets. Checkbook is currently in development, with new features added often. *This is a beta application! There will be bugs! This will expire in the future.*

Note
    Checkbook requires that you are using webOS 1.3.5 or higher.

All feedback is welcome!
    Please leave feedback on what works and what doesn't. If an error occurred, please let me know what happened and what you were doing when it happened. If you have a feature request, let me know! Others are probably interested in the same thing.

Installation:
    Download the latest version from the Palm's Beta App Catalog

If you are upgrading, install the new version on top of the old version to keep your data.

If you like the application and would like to make a donation, you can donate through PayPal.

Licensing Conditions:
    This application is closed source.

Questions? Comments? Post over in GlitchTech Science's Forum here on PreCentral.net

The full change log can be found here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ryltar; 01/07/2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Version update
    nick86 likes this.
    thx! omg thx! the only think I can think of that might be urgent is a way to password or PIN-protect the apps account info.

I desperately needed something to just keep my running debits in for travel, this is perfect even in alpha thank you!

And maybe, a button an onscreen numpad? Seems possible if the keyboard pops up a menu for text symbols. /wishlist =)

Thanks for your efforts in this!
    Last edited by corq; 07/18/2009 at 02:11 PM.
    Thanks very much, will try out tonight and over the next week!
    SCK Manager
    This is excellent.

I can do the entire budget for my program on this and update it quicker than excel while on the move.

Maybe export/print features, like export to open excel format? Or print via wireless connection...

Lastly, the ability to email someone (or yourself) a summary of aggregate info...

I could understand password protection, but would not input any account passwords or even full account numbers @ CORQ...

Just do what your online banking does and put the "xxxxxx-1436" type account number to differentiate personal banking acounts. Never include passwords and just use the first or last four digits of the account number and the bank name.
    This is basically THE ONLY( besides slingplayer) thing I been waiting for!! Im surprised it took this long for someone to make this! Thanks SOOO SOOO MUCH!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    I'm surprised it took this long for someone to make this! Thanks SOOO SOOO MUCH!!
    Hehe, I actually just got my Pre a week or so ago. Once I saw this app wasn't in existence yet, I couldn't not make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Hehe, I actually just got my Pre a week or so ago. Once I saw this app wasn't in existence yet, I couldn't not make it.
    Thanks soo much man!! I been actually carrying around my touch pro which has spb finance in it just to use that program which has been a pain! Great work!! Thanks again!!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Thx you! This will definitely be a must have for my travels. Is there any way you can add a PIN/Password option to the app?
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
    How do you add a deposit??

Edit: How do you add transactions? When I add a transaction it ADDS to the money in my balance instead of subtracts.
    Nevermind I figured it out!! LOL
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Great app!

You're off to a great start, but I do have a few suggestions for you.

When setting up a new account, you should have the user put in the starting balance. This way we don't have to put it in as a transaction.

On the transaction screen, rather than the plus button and back button, which does the same thing as the back gesture, I would rather have new deposit/new transfer/new debit buttons.

When adding a transaction, I had to scroll down to get to the box to put in the amount(if you instituted the different transaction buttons you could remove the apply to and from boxes from the new debit form and move the amount box up)

Also, in the amount box, make it go automatically into number mode, so we don't have to use the orange button there. (and, of course, if you implement the different transaction buttons, you can also do away with the need to use the - sign at the beginning of debits)

I would also like to see transactions listed with the newest at the top.

Basically, when I used a similar app on my Treos, I would type in the transaction while the cashier was swiping my card, so speed of entry is the key for me. I have really been wanting an app like this for the Pre. Thank you.

Like I said, great app! Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Wow I can't wait to get home and download this one.
    Great APP I agree with some of the above options but

also would like to be able to Clear a transaction with out it effecting the total

If I missed it I'm sorry but couldn't find it.

Again Thanks I missed not having MobileCheckbook on my Instinct and this really is a great start.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoPrince View Post
    would like to be able to Clear a transaction with out it effecting the total
    Could you explain this a little more? I am unsure fully of what you mean.
    I think this app is fine just as it is! IF I was gonna do anything, I would just add deposi and withdraw button so you just pick what you are doing rather then putting a - at the beginning. But like I said GREAT WORK! Been waiting for a month for something like this! You just made my life easier. This is such a convenient App!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Could you explain this a little more? I am unsure fully of what you mean.
    When you open an Account it will have all Transactions listed ( Correct ?) thus giving you the Total.

From there you can swipe those transactions off and Delete them . But this also alters/effects Total as well.

On my old CB app it had a Clear transactions that took them off the list but didn't effect the total.
    This way I could clear them as I checked them off in my on-line account keeping the App List a bit cleaner.

I hope tis helps Thanks
    love the app another tip though maybe make the credit card balance when they are negative appear in red instead of the same color. Can't wait for some of your updateS but this is really a great start. Maybe make the background green the color of money instead of grey like everyone seems to be using.

ONE OTHER THING THAT I USED ALL THE TIME IN SPLASHMONEY THAT OTHERS MAY WANT TO HAVE IS A CHECKBOX TO SELECT ONCE THE PAYMENT HAS CLEARED AND THE ABILITY TO SEE CLEARED BALANCE AND TOTAL BALANCE.
    Last edited by dkotoric; 07/18/2009 at 07:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Pure genius!! I love it!!!!
    This is a great app i been waiting for one
    Very nice and very clean. Only thing I would want is to sync to Quicken, but I'm sure that would be a huge PITA.
Page 1 of 68 1234561151 ... LastLast