Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Frack... Sorry guys, I thought I had all the kinks out. I'll see what I can do.

    Update: It seems that different scenes are using each other's functions for some reason, even though object reference is proper and it works just fine on the emulator (I didn't get a single bug on the emulator, stupid inconsistent software). I am working on a few changes and am going to test them out exclusively on the Pre.

    I've also noticed that several of the queries are taking far longer on some scenes than on others. I'll see what that is about. It could be what is causing the "Checking DB version..." freeze.

    Lastly, it seems the DB structure has some issues. I am not sure why at this second, but from running the app on the Pre only a few times, I have managed to get one spot to run over 250 times... That is majorly wrong. Grr...

    I'll let you know when I figure something out. Sorry again for the trouble.
    hehehe..."frack" XD lol.
    ------
    ~Sam

    Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
  2. #162  
    Great job on this app. Thank you!
  3. #163  
    Everything works great, I would love to have the option to see those hidden accounts just have them grayed out and their balance not counting.
    Last edited by dkotoric; 08/03/2009 at 02:30 PM.
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    just downloaded and still having a problem the totals are not updating anywhere. I have to say I love the new Icon in .592
    I'll look into that.

    And the icon is thanks to remix2000 and his post http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-requests.html
  5. SDash's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    #165  
    EDIT: Sorry! I found it in preferences!

    Sorry I'm kinda confused. When I 'clear the transaction' doesn't that mean that the money is transferred and then wouldn't that mean that the total in checkbook 0.5.92 should remain the same?

    Btw I don't know if it was there before but the press and hold menu popup was a nice feat!
    Last edited by SDash; 08/03/2009 at 03:15 PM.
  6. #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    I'll look into that.

    And the icon is thanks to remix2000 and his post http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-requests.html
    Don't worry about it, I edited my message. I didn't realize you have to go into preferences and enable it to display the totals. Anyway I'm loving it. I just wish my hidden accounts were grayed out so I still have acces to them instead of just totaly gone.

    One more recomendation would be to make a quick button next to to total so you can flip quickly to see the cleared balance and total balance.

    This is my question for now if I hide an account how do I see the balance of the account. Is the only option for now to unhide it and then rehide it.
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    One more recomendation would be to make a quick button next to to total so you can flip quickly to see the cleared balance and total balance.
    That is in the works.

    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    This is my question for now if I hide an account how do I see the balance of the account. Is the only option for now to unhide it and then rehide it.
    That is the only option for now. I am going to work in better preferences for it so you can choose how you want it set up.

    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    Sorry I'm kinda confused. When I 'clear the transaction' doesn't that mean that the money is transferred and then wouldn't that mean that the total in checkbook 0.5.92 should remain the same?
    I am honestly not sure how clearing is suppose to work. If someone could point me to a good reference on Financial information and how clearing a transaction works, that would be great. It would help to improve this app even more.

    Right now it is set up so all transactions go into the main balance. When you clear it, it is removed from the main balance unless you have the option set to keep it added in.
  8. #168  
    Could a field be added to checking accounts' expense that lets us select if the transaction was Paper Check, Debit or Credit; but not mandatory? Maybe even add Internet "e-Check," Internet Debit or Internet Credit? Since they show up on statements as different transaction types and have different times of when the money is actually removed from the account.

    I guess something like this could be added to other account types, depending on how people use them.
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    Could a field be added to checking accounts' expense that lets us select if the transaction was Paper Check, Debit or Credit; but not mandatory? Maybe even add Internet "e-Check," Internet Debit or Internet Credit? Since they show up on statements as different transaction types and have different times of when the money is actually removed from the account.

    I guess something like this could be added to other account types, depending on how people use them.
    I am actually working on a category system. The system will allow you to choose categories for transactions and will also have rules which can be custom set to decide how transactions are sorted into the categories. You will also be able to add your own transaction categories or rules to sort your expenses how you want. Linked with that will be a system where you can see how you've spent your money and maybe a budget system as well. The DB structures are already in the program, I just need to develop the custom widgets needed display them and have them function properly. These smart version of these functions will likely appear near V1.0 if not shortly after since a lot of work still needs to be done on them.
  10. #170  
    clearing just refers to whether or not a transaction has been realized (recorded) by the bank. a clearing field should just be a notation (i.e. check or uncheck), but should not affect the balance in the account.
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by smokin_cannon View Post
    clearing just refers to whether or not a transaction has been realized (recorded) by the bank. a clearing field should just be a notation (i.e. check or uncheck), but should not affect the balance in the account.
    Okay, so if anything I need to reverse the option. I'll fix that shortly and hopefully update the system so it functions better.
  12. hef1125's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #172  
    Awesome job on the app. Thank you.

    I have some suggestions on the cleared transactions issue. I think you need two running balances: 1) all transactions 2) cleared transactions. All transactions should be self explanatory where as cleared transactions would be only the transactions that have been cleared by the bank. A cleared transaction would be one that has a posted date and is not in pending or waiting status. A posted date may be another helpful addition as well. Then you could track when you actually spent your money and when the bank cleared it.

    For example, lets say I have a starting balance of $1000 on the 1st of the month. I spend $30 on gas on the 2nd and $50 on groceries on the 3rd. Let's say it takes 2 days for transactions to clear the bank. So, on the 4th my total balance would be $920 ($1000 - $30 - $50) and my cleared balance would be $970 ($1000 - $30).

    I used to track my expenses with a Microsoft Access app that I wrote (which I no longer use thanks to your app) and thats the way it worked. Again, I think you've done an excellent job with this app and I hope my comments are helpful.
  13.    #173  
    Thanks hef1125, that is a very helpful explanation.
  14. #174  
    Great App & Great Update i love my pre even more now. The changes and new icon look great. I also like the feature SDash mention nice work.

    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    Btw I don't know if it was there before but the press and hold menu popup was a nice feat!
  15. SDash's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    #175  
    I think in the future you might need the main list to be drop down menus, if you're planning to add more types of accounts.

    Thanks for your work!
  16. #176  
    Ok so after using the updated version for a day I have to say I love but one feature I want to mention that at least for me at this point is useless and needs fixing is the cleared transaction. It works perfect but the total is only impacted if the uncleared transactions are in the future. I would like to have the ability once I clear it to afftect the total balance and not only if it is in the future.
  17.    #177  
    Just a note, the next update may take a little while. I plan to have some sort of transaction import system set up for it. This will also help me with the bug testing since I will have thousands of records in the DB to mess with.

    The main hold up for the update is that the file picker system keeps freezing with my app. I'll keep working on it though.
  18. fareal's Avatar
    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    #178  
    Oh how I wish you could do a quicker update to correct the Clear transaction behavior. A recent poster gave a great explanation of how it should work with the two separate running balances. Of course I understand if you can't and I appreciate your work regardless.
  19. #179  
    Let's say I'm having headphone or speakerphone only audio issues with my phone and I am about to do a Partial Erase, them maybe a Full Erase. How would I go about getting the information back into the checkbook without retyping it all? I read the post about backing up the database, but I'm unclear. Did you get it to backup data in our Palm profile or something? If not, what do I need to do so that the data can be put back on a "clean" Pre?

    Thanks again for the app.
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Oh how I wish you could do a quicker update to correct the Clear transaction behavior. A recent poster gave a great explanation of how it should work with the two separate running balances. Of course I understand if you can't and I appreciate your work regardless.
    The main reason for me not wanting to put out another update until the import works is so I can do better bug testing. But I'll see what I can do.

    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    Let's say I'm having headphone or speakerphone only audio issues with my phone and I am about to do a Partial Erase, them maybe a Full Erase. How would I go about getting the information back into the checkbook without retyping it all? I read the post about backing up the database, but I'm unclear. Did you get it to backup data in our Palm profile or something? If not, what do I need to do so that the data can be put back on a "clean" Pre?
    The data is stored in a hidden folder when you connect your pre via USB mode. It is a folder called .app-storage and then look for checkbook. C/P the .db file in there to your local machine. When you reinstall the app run it once then replace teh .db file in the same location. This should save your data.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions