Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I figured it wasn't possible or really,ridiculously tricky and complicated and not worth the effort; mostly the former. Fantastic app, extra features are mostly just a bonus now. Thanks for the quick response.
    thimgs I honestly want the most from apps like this is syncing with my accounts, a checklist of bills with notifications of upcoming bills from a bunch of sources and a nice organization of it.

I actually had plenty of ideas for an app like this but am not a developer, only work with designs and stuff. Tried to design an app but could not get the hang of it. I am co working on an app with chimeric called diettrac. I also was planning an app like his and together we are working on it now. We are merging ideas and I'm working on the design. I hope the wishlist features do become a reality as they are the features alot of people would really like
    I went to Wendy's for lunch today. The description field doesn't like it when I use the apostrophe in Wendy's. Other fields don't like it either. Not a big deal really; I just a stickler on punctuation. It's what makes e.e. cummings so much fun to read aloud.
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    thimgs I honestly want the most from apps like this is syncing with my accounts, a checklist of bills with notifications of upcoming bills from a bunch of sources and a nice organization of it.
    I am definitely looking into that, but it will take a while. I don't see any standardized APIs or anything for getting that sort of information.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    I went to Wendy's for lunch today. The description field doesn't like it when I use the apostrophe in Wendy's. Other fields don't like it either.
    >.< That was a stupid mistake on my part. I forgot to add in character escaping. I shall fix that right now.
    So I was at a restaurant today having lunch. When the moment came to pay the bill, I whipped out my Pre to enter the new expense into my handy Checkbook app.

That particular restaurantls name has an apostophe in it, which I opted to include in the description of the expense; lo and behold, everytime I did I would get a message reading

Error was near "s": Syntax error (Code 1)

Not that it was necessarily troublesome; I just removed the apostrophe and it worked just fine. Just thought I'd point out the little bug in case no one had noticed it/posted about it yet.

EDIT: Hah, just saw the post above mine. Since I'm posting this from my Pre I hadn't bothered to look. Glad you've caught it.
  6.    #126  
    I fixed it. The update with that fix will be this weekend. I can't it out just yet because the preferences area is not fully set up.
    Can't wait for the update, can you tell us what additions will be included
  8.    #128  
    In the next version, there will be a preference section. The following list contains the options contained in it.
    • control if cleared or future transactions will be added into the basic balance
    • set a PIN to lock the program
    • edit the account categories
    • email a summary of accounts and balances (not editable in this version)
    • For individual account settings (can also be set in the add/edit accounts screens)
      • set sorting (only by date for now)
      • hide an account from the total balance
      • lock an account so only transfers can change it

Now for the rest of the changes
    • Ability to clear a transaction
    • Cleared & Future transactions are colored differently from standard transactions
    • Removed unique account name requirement
    • Query character escape (Bug Fix)
    • New program icon

Also being worked on is the background work for Expense Categories, Expense Description Auto-Suggestion, and Recurring Transactions. These features will not be in this weekend's release, but should be release in the nearer future. I've also already written a CSV importer function in Javascript, but I cannot get the file picker to work properly... it keeps freezing on me. I am looking into alternate solutions.
    Last edited by ryltar; 07/31/2009 at 08:59 PM.
    Hello Ryltar,

First of all, I just want to give you an ever-so-big THANK YOU for this application. I recently migrated from the Palm Centro where I used Ultrasoft Money and the only reason why I was delaying making the move to the Palm Pre was because of a financial application such as this one.

Along with the dozens of fans on this message thread, I am going to enjoy watching the development of this program.

Some questions/suggestions:
    1) People have been talking about clearing transactions entered - I'm assuming that this is the same as reconciling a transaction.
    2) I understand that this is a Homebrew application right now - do you know when it's going to become an offical application available on the App Catalog?
    3) Ultrasoft Money was able to sync transactions with Microsoft Money on the desktop. I understand that this is probably not going to be possible with the Palm Pre - but the import/export function will probably help with this, I'm assuming?
    Thanks
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by AsimAbbasi View Post
    1) People have been talking about clearing transactions entered - I'm assuming that this is the same as reconciling a transaction.
    I believe so. In the version I am working on right now, it removes it from the total balance for each account (changable in the preferences) and greys the transaction out.

2) I understand that this is a Homebrew application right now - do you know when it's going to become an offical application available on the App Catalog?
    I do plan to. Hopefully I will have V1.0.0 running here before the App Catalog opens.

3) Ultrasoft Money was able to sync transactions with Microsoft Money on the desktop. I understand that this is probably not going to be possible with the Palm Pre - but the import/export function will probably help with this, I'm assuming?
    This is something I am looking in to. The Import/Export functions may not be able to be used due to current issues with the Mojo Framework. I'm looking at making a desktop companion for this program or an online version. If I end up doing an online version, I may have to charge (something I hate doing for software) for that ability because I am not able to fund even a simple website right now out of pocket. Hopefully I'll be able to figure something out that will keep this free for you guys to use.
    Ryltar,

One route that you could take is have a Regular and Deluxe version of the program. The regular one is for free use on the Palm Pre and the Deluxe version (for a fee) allows you to sync with a desktop application.
  13.    #133  
    One route that you could take is have a Regular and Deluxe version of the program. The regular one is for free use on the Palm Pre and the Deluxe version (for a fee) allows you to sync with a desktop application.
    Interesting idea, I'll have to look into that once I finish off the Pre version (at least the first incarnation).
    hi, first of all. GREAT WORK. i am currently working on the same app, but your app is further along than mine (i had no code written down, just the design implementation) so there are a few things which i think can make this app great. i have yet to look at your DB and how you use it, so i don't know how to recommend some things on that side.

1. "Add Account" should be a card itself, not a popup. and it can be called when editing an app. and more options in the card as well, like a place for APR (credit card) or interest rate (savings), of account number.

2. more types of accounts (money market, CD's, specialty savings, loans)

3.in the individual account view, only one icon, for "New Transaction". on that new card that pops up you should be able to choose between a credit, a debit, and from/to where (transfer)

4. of course, what has been said, scheduled transactions. and this implementation can be used to automattically apply interest to savings account.

5. the accounts view shouldn't be separated by account types, specially if names cannot be repeated. rather an icon be used.

BUG whitespace is needed on the Account Description line in the accounts view.
    another bug, cannot insterst single quote on transaction description, shows "There was an error near "s"
    Hello and Thank you so much from a first time smart phone user and a almost never checkbook-balancer. Very much appreciated!

Quick question: Why does the current balance listed at the top of the account page include the Income and Transactions which are scheduled for the future? Is it possible to only show the current balance, so that "future" income and transactions aren't applied yet?

Again, thanks alot for helping me balance!!!!
    Our users have been asking for a check balancing app - would you consider uploading it to PreLoad so it's available OTA?
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronac View Post
    "Add Account" should be a card itself, not a popup. and it can be called when editing an app. and more options in the card as well, like a place for APR (credit card) or interest rate (savings), of account number.
    That is in the Dev queue since the account options are growing.

more types of accounts (money market, CD's, specialty savings, loans)
    That is also currently being worked on. It should be in the next release.

in the individual account view, only one icon, for "New Transaction". on that new card that pops up you should be able to choose between a credit, a debit, and from/to where (transfer)
    I had that originally, but I received feedback which changed it to the current format. Personally, I like the current format better but I'm sure it can be improved on.

of course, what has been said, scheduled transactions. and this implementation can be used to automatically apply interest to savings account.
    I'm working on the framework for recurring/scheduled transactions. I hadn't though about applying interest or APR to credit or savings fields. I'll mark that down on the to do, though I will have to review how finances properly work so I can get all the correct settings there

the accounts view shouldn't be separated by account types, specially if names cannot be repeated. rather an icon be used.
    Names will be able to be reused in the next release. Icons are a good idea for a way to show different account types. I'll look into that.

BUG whitespace is needed on the Account Description line in the accounts view.
    That seems to be something to do with how Mojo does text fields, I'll look into fixing that.

another bug, cannot insterst single quote on transaction description, shows "There was an error near "s"
    I've fixed it and it will be in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post
    Why does the current balance listed at the top of the account page include the Income and Transactions which are scheduled for the future? Is it possible to only show the current balance, so that "future" income and transactions aren't applied yet?
    I've added an option about that in the next release. It will be defaulted to not showing future transactions in the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    Our users have been asking for a check balancing app - would you consider uploading it to PreLoad so it's available OTA?
    I'll put the current version up there. This site will remain the main source for the app though and will receive the updates first.

Lastly, I am putting out an update soon. That will be online either tonight or tomorrow night depending on if I can get the CSS to cooperate.
    I can't wait for this release.
    Thanks
    Thanks ryltar!

You made some people very happy!
    When we get the ad code portion working, we'll make sure there's a link to this forum!
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast