Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1301  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I have been using the beta in parallel with Pocket Quicken for about a month or so. Finding this to be a useful program. One thing I was wondering, is, would it be possible to set up scheduled transactions? Each month, my car payments, mortgage and many others are scheduled for automatic payment. I still need to add these manually in Checkbook.

Keep up the great work!!
    Yes, that is the next feature to be released. I am largely done with it, just in the final stages of bug reduction. It is integrated into every part of the app so a lot of testing is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by AWoody251 View Post
    Hey Ryltar, I have written comments before about how much I love this app. It is outstanding. The reports section is top notch, and I am starting to follow my budget better. I was hoping that you could implement a sort of income to it as well. I am not salary, and my paychecks vary per month a little. So rather than figuring how much I made, and then how much I spent, can you add that to the budget section of the app? I dont know if that is easy or hard, but it would be much appreciated none the less. Thanks for listening!
    Budget & Reports system upgrades are planned. They are after Split Transactions which is after Recurring Transactions.
    Hey, I've got a bug in the current beta. I enter transactions just fine, but they won't delete. I slide them over, tap delete to confirm, and they go away. But as soon as I go back to the main screen, the account still shows transactions are present in each account that had some. Upon going back in, at least 50% of the transactions I deleted have magically...well, not deleted. Any that did delete, stay that way, but the ones that reappeared never go away, no matter how many times I do it.
  3.    #1303  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidecutter View Post
    Hey, I've got a bug in the current beta. I enter transactions just fine, but they won't delete. I slide them over, tap delete to confirm, and they go away. But as soon as I go back to the main screen, the account still shows transactions are present in each account that had some. Upon going back in, at least 50% of the transactions I deleted have magically...well, not deleted. Any that did delete, stay that way, but the ones that reappeared never go away, no matter how many times I do it.
    I'll look into that. Thanks for the report.
    Just curious if the improved ability to import more generic spreadsheets has been implemented yet? Last time I gave it a go, it was awful converting my banks spreadsheets to work with your requirements and you said this would be improving in future releases. Is this available now? Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  5.    #1305  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Just curious if the improved ability to import more generic spreadsheets has been implemented yet? Last time I gave it a go, it was awful converting my banks spreadsheets to work with your requirements and you said this would be improving in future releases. Is this available now? Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Not yet. I have it half built, but the Android version of Checkbook is causing delays because it won't behave on the standard import system. Once I get that running and released I will be able to put some focus on webOS.

Just a note on that, Android is still in the works. I'm trying to get it up and running and out to you guys. It will be a few steps behind webOS in terms of features but I will do my best to keep them about the same feature set.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    I'll look into that. Thanks for the report.
    Thanks. Just to update, my prior install was updating from the old one without uninstalling first. I tried removing the app and reinstalling after a luna reboot, just to get as clean a slate as possible. This got rid of the old zombie transactions, of course, but after putting a few test transactions in and repeatedly deleting all three, the first one is still "stuck" no matter how many deletes I do.
    Not yet. I have it half built, but the Android version of Checkbook is causing delays because it won't behave on the standard import system. Once I get that running and released I will be able to put some focus on webOS.

Just a note on that, Android is still in the works. I'm trying to get it up and running and out to you guys. It will be a few steps behind webOS in terms of features but I will do my best to keep them about the same feature set.
    Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the better import processing on webOS version.
  8. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    Well I have been using the beta and now the paid version. Overall, it is a nice program but until it can sync directly with MS Money it is useless to me. Makes no sense to have to keyboard every transaction twice.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Yes, that is the next feature to be released. I am largely done with it, just in the final stages of bug reduction. It is integrated into every part of the app so a lot of testing is needed.

Budget & Reports system upgrades are planned. They are after Split Transactions which is after Recurring Transactions.
    I just found out about this product, I use Pocket Quicken via Classic.
    Will this product
    1. Import/export data to/from Quicken?

2. Sync with Quicken?
  10.    #1310  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidecutter View Post
    Thanks. Just to update, my prior install was updating from the old one without uninstalling first. I tried removing the app and reinstalling after a luna reboot, just to get as clean a slate as possible. This got rid of the old zombie transactions, of course, but after putting a few test transactions in and repeatedly deleting all three, the first one is still "stuck" no matter how many deletes I do.
    Odd, still looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by beh View Post
    Well I have been using the beta and now the paid version. Overall, it is a nice program but until it can sync directly with MS Money it is useless to me. Makes no sense to have to keyboard every transaction twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by comptuter View Post
    I just found out about this product, I use Pocket Quicken via Classic.
    Will this product
    1. Import/export data to/from Quicken?

2. Sync with Quicken?
    I'm working on the syncing with established programs. Syncing is behind recurring transactions and split transactions in the dev queue.

One of the problems I am running into with syncing is that those programs don't make it easy to communicate as far as I can tell. If anyone knows of a good resource site for working with MS Money or Quicken, let me know.
    It would be nice if you could get Mint to import/export into checkbook that is a nice website that does quite a bit.
  12.    #1312  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    It would be nice if you could get Mint to import/export into checkbook that is a nice website that does quite a bit.
    They still haven't released APIs for access but that is what I'd really prefer to do. That way I wouldn't have to mess with all the banks and their many different access patterns or security restrictions.

I am looking at a data grab from their export system, though I am still working on figuring out how to determine when mint has finished updating its information.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I have been following your app for some time, I like the additions that are forthcoming, particularly split transactions.

Personally, I would much prefer Quicken sync if you can work it out, I personally tried mint and canceled my account there, found it to be far less than adequate.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  14. mg3
    Yeah, if Mint had APIs available it would be a great addition.

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    you are the second report of that style bug. The other report is seeing 4 accounts but has 16. I'm looking into it, but this is exam week so it is a high priority at this time. I will look into it though. Sorry for the trouble.
    Ryltar-

Any indication when you'll be able to fix the bug of my missing accounts? The app is pretty unusable to me until I can see my accounts. I even tried deleting the app and installing the Beta version and reimporting all my accounts from Google Docs and it still only shows the 1st 16 accounts.

Thanks!
  16.    #1316  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I have been following your app for some time, I like the additions that are forthcoming, particularly split transactions.

Personally, I would much prefer Quicken sync if you can work it out, I personally tried mint and canceled my account there, found it to be far less than adequate.
    I'm keeping Quicken and MS Money in mind for this. I don't have access to a full version of the programs at this time which is why I'm first looking to Mint.

Quote Originally Posted by az.tracy View Post
    Ryltar-

Any indication when you'll be able to fix the bug of my missing accounts? The app is pretty unusable to me until I can see my accounts. I even tried deleting the app and installing the Beta version and reimporting all my accounts from Google Docs and it still only shows the 1st 16 accounts.

Thanks!
    I'm working on that. I honestly cannot figure out what is wrong with the system. I managed to replicate it so I'll hopefully have a fix out soon. I'm sorry for the trouble, it has been a hectic few weeks for me since the end of the semester and I haven't gotten anything useful done.
  17.    #1317  
    I'm working on that. I honestly cannot figure out what is wrong with the system. I managed to replicate it so I'll hopefully have a fix out soon. I'm sorry for the trouble, it has been a hectic few weeks for me since the end of the semester and I haven't gotten anything useful done.
    Not 30 minutes after I post that do I figure out what was wrong. I'll release an update later today with the fix in it. It was a really stupid bug that shouldn't have happened. A bit of test code was left in and that caused it to restrict the length of the list
  18.    #1318  
    Update posted to PreCentral and Palm Beta Feed. Should be available for download soon.
  19.    #1319  
    GlitchTech Science (and Checkbook) now have their own forum here at Precentral.net. They will be where new information and support will be taken care of. This thread will be checked far less often now.

GlitchTech Science's Forum.
    Last edited by ryltar; 01/07/2011 at 10:21 AM.
    Export does not work. Error 400: Bad request.
    I tried it months ago and it worked.
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru