Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1281  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    ryltar,

It's been a couple of months on this bug. Any idea when we're going to see an updated release to resolve it?

It's gotten to the point now where the app opens up to my checking account...and NO transactions are visible. Every visible transaction line is blank. I have to "resort" them to get the transactions to be visible...and then scroll down (it seems to stop at like the 2nd or 3rd to the bottom transaction).
    Ugh... that is not good. Are you using the beta or the live version? And why can't I replicate this bloody bug?!? Grrr...

Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    UGH!!! Looks like Quicken might not actually import OFX files... they have their own proprietary version so that they can extort $ from financial institutions. I'll keep looking into this....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QFX_(file_format)
    Thanks Quicken, not. I'll keep looking into it but I still plan to build up an OFX import/export system. It still would be useful for other desktop programs besides Quicken.

As to the rest of the discussion about other products, I hope you find something that works. I personally don't use a desktop software, though I have been often bugged about making one for Checkbook. Hopefully I can find the time to do something like that. It would be a challenge, but potentially fun.

Lastly, still working on Android and webOS updates. Had several exams the past few days so I haven't had time to finish off the builds. Unfortunately, I may have to push back the updates a few days due to time constraints.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Ugh... that is not good. Are you using the beta or the live version? And why can't I replicate this bloody bug?!? Grrr...
    I'm running the live version...from the App Catalog.

At this point, I can't get it to NOT replicate. Every time I bring up my checking account, it shows essentially blank...every visible transaction on the screen. But, as soon as I click the "Sort" button and choose "Oldest to Newest, Show Newest", they all reappear.

It's interesting because, when I click on the account to load, it shows all of the transaction details...in light grey. But, when it's finished loading and it "snaps" to the full contrast grey, they're blank then.

Here's another one for you, just for fun.

- Open the checkbook
    - Open the checking account
    - Click on the minus ("-") to create a withdrawl
    - Enter a name ("Qdoba's", in my example here)
    - "Forget" to enter the dollar amount (which I've done a couple times)
    - Click "Done"
    - You have created a "0.00" transaction
    - "Realize" you forgot to enter the amount
    - Click on the "Qdoba" transaction
    - Click on the "Amount" area and enter the amount of your lunch
    -Click "Done"
    - Checkbook just created a DEPOSIT in the amount of your lunch, not a withdrawl.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Do anyone know if the excel plugin to import data into Quicken work for older versions of quicken (I use Quicken 2001)?

"Thanks Quicken, not. I'll keep looking into it but I still plan to build up an OFX import/export system. It still would be useful for other desktop programs besides Quicken."

I would also suggest continuing work in this area as maybe it will work with my older Quicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    Do anyone know if the excel plugin to import data into Quicken work for older versions of quicken (I use Quicken 2001)?

"Thanks Quicken, not. I'll keep looking into it but I still plan to build up an OFX import/export system. It still would be useful for other desktop programs besides Quicken."

I would also suggest continuing work in this area as maybe it will work with my older Quicken.
    I have confirmed it works for Q 2010... I don't want to hijack ryltar's thread with another vendor's stuff, but if you go to the link I posted on 10/26 and follow the link, the vendor for the Excel Add in states that their tool:

Includes support for Quicken 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 - 2000 (and earlier versions) with transaction import into most all account types.
    Again, I'm only posting this here because I expect once we lose access to classic, we Quicken users will be best served to adopt "Checkbook" as our app of choice and shoehorn our transaction records into quicken using the manual process and the Excel plugin from BigRed Consulting. (at least until the .OFX approach works its way to mainstream... and see if it would work with Quicken)
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I look forward to the development of this program. I was able to save my last months bank info, adjust it in Excel, convert it for Google Documents and import it. But didn't get it to import correctly. So I'll keep working on it. But going forward, if it becomes possible to "synch" or create a Quicken import file. I think that's when I'll just start new with Checkbook. Keep up the good work and if I can help, just let me know.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
  6.    #1286  
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post

I will. Many banking systems export data in the OFX format.

I have confirmed it works for Q 2010... I don't want to hijack ryltar's thread with another vendor's stuff, but if you go to the link I posted on 10/26 and follow the link, the vendor for the Excel Add in states that their tool:

Again, I'm only posting this here because I expect once we lose access to classic, we Quicken users will be best served to adopt "Checkbook" as our app of choice and shoehorn our transaction records into quicken using the manual process and the Excel plugin from BigRed Consulting. (at least until the .OFX approach works its way to mainstream... and see if it would work with Quicken)
    Don't worry about hijacking. If you can use my program with other software to better your experience, power to you.

I'm running the live version...from the App Catalog.

At this point, I can't get it to NOT replicate. Every time I bring up my checking account, it shows essentially blank...every visible transaction on the screen. But, as soon as I click the "Sort" button and choose "Oldest to Newest, Show Newest", they all reappear.

It's interesting because, when I click on the account to load, it shows all of the transaction details...in light grey. But, when it's finished loading and it "snaps" to the full contrast grey, they're blank then.
    That gives me an idea of where to look... I may be PMing you in the near future to try and nail this down further.

Here's another one for you, just for fun.

- Open the checkbook
    - Open the checking account
    - Click on the minus ("-") to create a withdrawl
    - Enter a name ("Qdoba's", in my example here)
    - "Forget" to enter the dollar amount (which I've done a couple times)
    - Click "Done"
    - You have created a "0.00" transaction
    - "Realize" you forgot to enter the amount
    - Click on the "Qdoba" transaction
    - Click on the "Amount" area and enter the amount of your lunch
    -Click "Done"
    - Checkbook just created a DEPOSIT in the amount of your lunch, not a withdrawl.
    That is actually a programming limitation. The system decides (for non transfers) if the balance is 0 or more to create a deposit type transaction. All you have to do to change any transaction for a deposit to a debit and back is tap the grey/black icon in the amount row when editing a transaction.
    Don't worry about hijacking. If you can use my program with other software to better your experience, power to you.
    Thanks Ryltar. I'm now officially "In Recovery" from my Classic and PktQuicken habit!! And so far, I like things now that I'm fully on WebOS-only apps.... PalmOS was a great ride since 1997, but it was time to admit I had a problem. (OK, well, my supplier decided to go legit and cut me off -- Thanks Palm! (&MotionApps - not their fault though)

Anyway, bad analogies aside, I'm fully into my test run using Checkbook Beta (I'll be buying the paid version for myself and another copy for my wife as well to support your efforts). So far, with several days worth of test transactions, it's working out fairly well. Unfortunately, getting from google docs to .XLS to .QIF to import is a bit of a shoehorn process, but for anyone familiar with a little excel manipulation, it's not too bad.

On that note, I did find a free-ware excel add-in for this... I don't think it's as good as the one I've linked to above, but it is free...
    XL2QIF

Finally, back to checkbook beta -- I looked on your website and didn't see a roadmap / features in development or on request. I have two suggestions / requests that I think would benefit more than just me...

1. "Clear-all" function per-account in the device menu (or potentially even better "Clear-all through Date = MM/DD/YYYY"). Personally, I'll be using the uncleared transaction status to filter (in excel) which to put into the qif file for importing into quicken, so once I've completed that, it would be nice to clear-all on an account-by-account basis in Checkbook rather than clearing transaction by transaction. (I imagine this would be helpful for non-quicken users as well -- for example when completing monthly reconciliations, etc...)
    2. Simple: How about a calendar date picker rather then the standard WebOS scrolling list - while I strive to enter my transactions daily, often I'll get a few days behind and remembering days of the week with dates gets messy - clearly this is a WebOS wide issue, but the guys at UberCalendar Patch seem to have it nailed for several of their date-picker interfaces: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...dar-patch.html

I also probably have some suggestions for things to make the convert-to-qif process easier for Quicken users, but I don't need to make personal requests when I can fix all of these in Excel on my end. If you'd like to hear them, let me know and I'm happy to post or send you a PM.

Thanks again for developing such a robust app (and one that allows us to off-load the Tx's for deeper analysis and importing to other apps like Quicken.) It's made the Classic announcement much easier to deal with...
    Last edited by greenawayj; 11/03/2010 at 01:09 PM.
  8.    #1288  
    Finally, back to checkbook beta -- I looked on your website and didn't see a roadmap / features in development or on request. I have two suggestions / requests that I think would benefit more than just me...
    I really should do something like that for Checkbook (webOS & Android), though I am horrible at predicting dates of completion as you probably can tell from my release schedule

"Clear-all" function per-account in the device menu (or potentially even better "Clear-all through Date = MM/DD/YYYY"). Personally, I'll be using the uncleared transaction status to filter (in excel) which to put into the qif file for importing into quicken, so once I've completed that, it would be nice to clear-all on an account-by-account basis in Checkbook rather than clearing transaction by transaction. (I imagine this would be helpful for non-quicken users as well -- for example when completing monthly reconciliations, etc...)
    I could lump that in the with the Trim & Purge systems. Wouldn't be too bad to set up, I'll mark it down in my todo list.

Simple: How about a calendar date picker rather then the standard WebOS scrolling list - while I strive to enter my transactions daily, often I'll get a few days behind and remembering days of the week with dates gets messy - clearly this is a WebOS wide issue, but the guys at UberCalendar Patch seem to have it nailed for several of their date-picker interfaces: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...dar-patch.html
    I have been looking into that. The only problem I am running into right now is fitting that display into something that works well within the app on both the Pre and the Pixi.

I also probably have some suggestions for things to make the convert-to-qif process easier for Quicken users, but I don't need to make personal requests when I can fix all of these in Excel on my end. If you'd like to hear them, let me know and I'm happy to post or send you a PM.
    Feel free to suggestion them either here or PM.
  9.    #1289  
    Version Update

Changes v0.8.736 (Beta) [11/04/2010]
    • Just Type search system set up for Accounts & Transaction scenes. (Note: not yet hooked into webOS 2.0 feature)
    • Quick Swap: quickly switch between accounts by tapping the account’s icon in the top left
    • Fixed an issue in exporter that sometimes caused it to fail
    • Updated security
    • Software efficiency update
    • Bug fixes
  10. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    Are you going to provide snyc with MS Money?
  11.    #1291  
    Quote Originally Posted by beh View Post
    Are you going to provide snyc with MS Money?
    I'm in the process of making it so Checkbook can import/export QIF & OFX files so it should be able to communicate with MS Money. It won't be a fully sync system but you will be able to transfer information back and forth.
  12. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    That is certainly much better than nothing re: MS Money syncing. I will check it out as soon as I hear it is available. Thank you.
  13.    #1293  
    Quote Originally Posted by beh View Post
    That is certainly much better than nothing re: MS Money syncing. I will check it out as soon as I hear it is available. Thank you.
    In the future, I may go for a more fully featured sync system but right now I am just trying to cover all the bases.
    Hey Ryltar -- I haven't forgotten to get you the 'suggestions' I told you I'd send for the QIF export for quicken... life has just been hectic.

Mostly its a few header row name changes and a formatting change for the Category column entries...) I have to go back to my Qif import process and look it up.

I'll try to get that posted here over the holiday weekend. As I've noted before, these are only suggestions and all of them can be manually worked around using your current export format and some spreadsheet manipulation. But if you are going as far as prepping the export for QIF, it would be great if you could use the format Quicken (and / or MS Money) will import natively...

I've been using checkbook now for about a month or so and I'm so much happier than using the old and antiquated (*but fully syncing) PocketQkn through Classic!!! Give and take...
    I am sure there are many who would like to. Currently I am doing all the testing locally so that if someone has a bug show up, I can actually dig into their phone and see what went wrong. Makes it so much easier then the standard bug report I get
    Any idea on release schedule for Android? I also would be willing to test.
  16.    #1296  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Any idea on release schedule for Android? I also would be willing to test.
    Trying to kill the last few cockroach class bugs*. I really want it to be done soon, but exam week is next week.

*cockroach class bug: you keep stomping and stomping but it won't die.
    ryltar-

I just opened checkbook today for the 1st time since the recent update. I received the update notification when I opened it and then went to view my accounts. I have 41 accounts, but only 16 are showing up. :-( I was concerned I lost all that data, but after a little digging I have been able to confirm the accounts are still there, but not showing up.

The accounts screen only shows 16 of 41 accounts.

The preferences screen only shows 16 of 41 accounts.

However, the export screen shows 41 of 41 accounts. It also allowed me to export all 41 accounts and I can view the data in Google Docs.

I tried using Save/Restore to see if that would bring the accounts back, but I must have run Save/Restore after installing the update, because after restoring I get the update message again when I open Checkbook.

I know it may take you a few days to work this out but I really need to get access to these accounts. Is there anyway to revert to the last version in the meantime? I currently have 0.8.740 installed.

Thanks!
  18.    #1298  
    Quote Originally Posted by az.tracy View Post
    ryltar-

I just opened checkbook today for the 1st time since the recent update. I received the update notification when I opened it and then went to view my accounts. I have 41 accounts, but only 16 are showing up. :-( I was concerned I lost all that data, but after a little digging I have been able to confirm the accounts are still there, but not showing up.

The accounts screen only shows 16 of 41 accounts.

The preferences screen only shows 16 of 41 accounts.

However, the export screen shows 41 of 41 accounts. It also allowed me to export all 41 accounts and I can view the data in Google Docs.

I tried using Save/Restore to see if that would bring the accounts back, but I must have run Save/Restore after installing the update, because after restoring I get the update message again when I open Checkbook.

I know it may take you a few days to work this out but I really need to get access to these accounts. Is there anyway to revert to the last version in the meantime? I currently have 0.8.740 installed.

Thanks!
    you are the second report of that style bug. The other report is seeing 4 accounts but has 16. I'm looking into it, but this is exam week so it is a high priority at this time. I will look into it though. Sorry for the trouble.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hey Ryltar, I have written comments before about how much I love this app. It is outstanding. The reports section is top notch, and I am starting to follow my budget better. I was hoping that you could implement a sort of income to it as well. I am not salary, and my paychecks vary per month a little. So rather than figuring how much I made, and then how much I spent, can you add that to the budget section of the app? I dont know if that is easy or hard, but it would be much appreciated none the less. Thanks for listening!
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I have been using the beta in parallel with Pocket Quicken for about a month or so. Finding this to be a useful program. One thing I was wondering, is, would it be possible to set up scheduled transactions? Each month, my car payments, mortgage and many others are scheduled for automatic payment. I still need to add these manually in Checkbook.

Keep up the great work!!
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)