Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13535859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
  1. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #1241  
    ryltar...I'm not sure if the app has always done this but in the latest beta I have noticed that the Account List screen does not update the balances after I enter new ones in until after a restart of the app.
  2. #1242  
    Any ideas on the name for the app on android yet?
  3. #1243  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    It is coming. I think I will be sending it to the Android Market next week. Dunno how long it takes for something to be available to the public or anything like that...
    If we bought your app for WebOS, do we get a discount on the Android version? LOL
  4.    #1244  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    ryltar...I'm not sure if the app has always done this but in the latest beta I have noticed that the Account List screen does not update the balances after I enter new ones in until after a restart of the app.
    Working on that. I redid the core of the app and that introduced a few bugs I am working on fixing but it also decrease memory footprint.

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinatwell View Post
    Any ideas on the name for the app on android yet?
    "The Checkbook App That Kicks Your App's ****"? Still needs some work in that area I think

    Quote Originally Posted by jcole01272 View Post
    If we bought your app for WebOS, do we get a discount on the Android version? LOL
    Dunno if Android's system supports that. I'll make a note to check if I am sane then
  5. #1245  
    So... did we get the app submitted this week like we wanted to? Did we ever figure out how long it takes to get through the market and available for download? Sorry if I seem persistent... my free trial ended on the app I was using so I currently don't have any way to track my purchases. Hope all is going well.

    Thanks.
  6.    #1246  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinatwell View Post
    So... did we get the app submitted this week like we wanted to? Did we ever figure out how long it takes to get through the market and available for download? Sorry if I seem persistent... my free trial ended on the app I was using so I currently don't have any way to track my purchases. Hope all is going well.

    Thanks.
    I was going to submit it yesterday, but I had a major computer crash Wednesday night. A power outage flickered just right to cause data corruption apparently (power was out after that from Wednesday afternoon until early Thursday morning). I tried turn the computer on but it threw several errors and shut down.

    So I worked Thursday on recovering the data. Most of it was fine, except for the files I was working on recently. I lost about 50-60 hours of app work (fortunately not more, as I do back up my data at least once a week). I lost work on Checkbook webOS, Checkbook Android, and two other new apps I was working on...

    I am still working to get the computer back up and running, so I am unsure how long it will be until the apps are ready to be submitted again. I will try to get it going asap.

    As a side note, I am looking to purchase a UPS & a local external drive for automated backups.
  7. #1247  
    Sorry to hear about your computer crashing, that always sucks! Hope you get it all straightened out.

    Is the WebOS version of Checkbooks data backup still compatible and able to be imported into the Android version of Checkbook?

    PS: I think you should still just call it Checkbook for Android also, is that the plan?
  8.    #1248  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your computer crashing, that always sucks! Hope you get it all straightened out.

    Is the WebOS version of Checkbooks data backup still compatible and able to be imported into the Android version of Checkbook?

    PS: I think you should still just call it Checkbook for Android also, is that the plan?
    They will be as long as you use the import/export system.

    I'm calling the Android version GlitchTech Checkbook for now since I can't think of something better and Checkbook is already taken.
  9. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #1249  
    My Quicken trial is up in 8 days, how are the following developments going?

    • Split transactions, with multiple categories?
    • Cloud access to allow 2 people access to the same data so we each can update our account from our individual phones?


    On the subject of syncing with the banks, which would be a huge undertaking developing all those relationships, what about syncing with Quicken? A single interface. Is there a way to do this?

    Thanks.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  10. Habious's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    #1250  
    I've run into a glitch lately...the checkbook app doesn't seem to want to display the latest entries. I get "..." for the last 4 or 5 entries (number seems to vary). Clicking on any of these entries does NOT bring up the entry. The balance seems to reflect them, I just can view/edit them.

    If I create a new entry, when the app returns to the register view, the "hidden" entries appear.

    Also, if I re-sort the entries alphabetically, then re-sort them back to chronolgically, they're back.

    Is this a glitch in the app? In my data file?

    Any thoughts on how I can fix this? It's not horrible, just annoying.

    I've attached a screen shot to show you.

  11.    #1251  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I've run into a glitch lately...the checkbook app doesn't seem to want to display the latest entries. I get "..." for the last 4 or 5 entries (number seems to vary). Clicking on any of these entries does NOT bring up the entry. The balance seems to reflect them, I just can view/edit them.

    If I create a new entry, when the app returns to the register view, the "hidden" entries appear.

    Also, if I re-sort the entries alphabetically, then re-sort them back to chronolgically, they're back.

    Is this a glitch in the app? In my data file?

    Any thoughts on how I can fix this? It's not horrible, just annoying.
    This is a known big in the live version of Checkbook. I think I have it fixed in the latest beta, but that has other bugs at this time that I am stamping out.
  12. Habious's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    #1252  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    This is a known big in the live version of Checkbook. I think I have it fixed in the latest beta, but that has other bugs at this time that I am stamping out.

    Thanks. I can wait for the next official update. Glad to know you're aware of it and have a fix coming.
  13. #1253  
    So how's it coming along man? Don't mean to be a pest... but i need to do my checkbook!
  14. #1254  
    So... how is it coming along? I haven't seen a post in quite some time. Is there another web site were I can keep up to date on the progress of the project? Let me know, thanks.
  15.    #1255  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinatwell View Post
    So... how is it coming along? I haven't seen a post in quite some time. Is there another web site were I can keep up to date on the progress of the project? Let me know, thanks.
    It is moving along. I'm almost ready to release the Android version, just trying to get the import/export system functioning properly so I can do a large data set testing. webOS is pending work on getting that released.

    The only other place where I really make announcements on progress is Matt (GlitchTech) on Twitter
  16. #1256  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    It is moving along. I'm almost ready to release the Android version, just trying to get the import/export system functioning properly so I can do a large data set testing. webOS is pending work on getting that released.

    The only other place where I really make announcements on progress is Matt (GlitchTech) on Twitter
    Please let us know when finally released for Android and the final Name given to the app. And also if we can expect complete integrity of our WebOS data to transfer over to the Android app.

    I love WebOS and don't currently have plans to switch to Android, but I am starting to get the itch for new hardware. So if we don't get some solid hardware announcements soon, I may start thinking about it. But I will not even consider it if I can not use Checkbook.
  17.    #1257  
    Checkbook Android has suffered a major setback. Found a bug that screws the entire app up and is easy to cause. Not sure on fix at all. Will post updates, but damn it I'm so close to finishing this thing.
  18. #1258  
    Just curious how those who are using CheckBook handle split transactions (ie, go to Target and spend a total of $100, of which $50 is groceries, $25 is cloths and $25 is sports equipment). I have using CheckBook for 2 days now and really like it. Just wish it had split transactions.

    Mike
  19. #1259  
    This is how I handle splits with Checkbook. For each split, I setup a separate transaction. In the Transaction Notes field, I enter " 1 of #", where the # is the total number of splits. If there was 3 splits, then for the three transactions I would have "1 of 3", "2 of 3", and "3 of 3". Also, for each transaction, I make the the transaction times are sequential, so that in the register, they show up in order. Time consuming, especially with my paycheck (I itemized each item; regular pay, overtime, fed tax, state tax, SS, dental ins, union dues, etc.) I have a total of 12 splits for my paycheck!

    It would really be nice to have a split feature, even only up to five splits. Otherwise, I am very happy with this app.

    Mike
  20.    #1260  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePalmPrePlus View Post
    Just curious how those who are using CheckBook handle split transactions (ie, go to Target and spend a total of $100, of which $50 is groceries, $25 is cloths and $25 is sports equipment). I have using CheckBook for 2 days now and really like it. Just wish it had split transactions.

    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePalmPrePlus View Post
    This is how I handle splits with Checkbook. For each split, I setup a separate transaction. In the Transaction Notes field, I enter " 1 of #", where the # is the total number of splits. If there was 3 splits, then for the three transactions I would have "1 of 3", "2 of 3", and "3 of 3". Also, for each transaction, I make the the transaction times are sequential, so that in the register, they show up in order. Time consuming, especially with my paycheck (I itemized each item; regular pay, overtime, fed tax, state tax, SS, dental ins, union dues, etc.) I have a total of 12 splits for my paycheck!

    It would really be nice to have a split feature, even only up to five splits. Otherwise, I am very happy with this app.

    Mike
    I am working on a split feature. Been sick the past week and have been really busy with course work even this early in the semester so I haven't been able to work much on it at all. I've also got that Android project going on and being annoying. Soon though, I hope to have beta releases. There will be a release in October of Checkbook, especially since I get a long weekend mid month where I should be able to get a lot done.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions