Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1201  
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've unfortunately been really busy with work, volunteer work, checkbook webOS, checkbook android, and other development work.

Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Only one? I want to reorder my accounts while in alpha category and have the change be persistent . . . while viewing my accounts in Palm Dark.
    With the next version the changes will be persistent. When you reorder the accounts, it will automatically switch to the proper mode and save the changes.

I can look into Palm Dark, dunno how it plays with my styling.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyjesuspatrick View Post
    A UI change... hmmm...
    Would you include autofilling the amount field with the last amount for that payee, or would that be functionality?
    Really the UI is nice, simple, and fast.
    It's custom budget periods, and recurring transactions that I'm waiting for.
    After trying a few other budget apps, I always come back to checkbook.
    Possibly, but that is not as likely (the last amount thing). I'm working on recurring transactions and fixing up the whole budgeting system.

Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I need an app that syncs to the cloud and 2 users have access to the data so both can update the account information. Clearcheckbook does this, but falls way short in many ways. I would like to buy your app if it either does now do this or will do so.

Can you speak to this possibility?

Thanks!
    Mine will support that, it is currently in the works.

I just downloaded your beta, and it does not seem to work with split transactions, thats a deal breaker for me.

True?
    Same as my other answer, split transactiosn are in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    After moving from Ultrasoft's app of the same name on PalmOS I've now been using Checkbook for a few months, so I thought I'd offer feedback and feature requests. I know that some of these requests are things that you've already said you're working on - great :-)
    First of all, this is by far the best financial app on WebOS. It's a bit slow, but that's a complaint with WebOS in general so is probably unavoidable...

Big "missing features":
    1. Repeating transactions.
    2. SEARCH!!!!! - This would probably have been a deal-breaker if I'd noticed before purchase.... but now I'll wait patiently Search by description at an absolute minimum, but ideally a full filtering system, by name, date, amount, account, etc., etc.
    3. The ability to hide cleared transactions without deleting them. After I've gone through a reconciled everything I don't want to see the cleared stuff, but I want to keep it available for reference (especially once there is a search feature)

Minor niggles:
    4. After editing a transaction, the transaction list goes to the end rather than to the point at which I left it.
    5. Split budget categories would be handy.

Bug report:
    6. The order of accounts is not retained in "Custom Category" mode. I imagine you already know about this :-)

Thanks for what you've done so far, and I look forward to future updates.
    1. Working on it
    2. See #1, may come with #1 or it may be in a different patch.
    3. See #2
    4. Shouldn't be doing that. I'll look into it.
    5. See #3
    6. See my reply to cas_esq and See #1

Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    If while in reports the pie chart didn't have numbers but the categories that the numbers represents or a Key that explains the numbers and colors.
    That is something I am working on, along with more budget upgrades. Don't know if they will be in the next update, but I do plan to have them.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    With the next version the changes will be persistent. When you reorder the accounts, it will automatically switch to the proper mode and save the changes.

I can look into Palm Dark, dunno how it plays with my styling.
    Thank you

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Woot, thanks for the update.

Re the skipping-to-the-end-of-the-transaction-list thing: It's not doing it if I edit a transaction, but it does do it if I enter a new transaction. So if I'm part way through the list and enter a new transaction, when I return to the list I am at the end - even if the new transaction is not at the end.

Other nice-to-haves that have occured to me since the last post:
    - Auto-fill the last amount, as somebody else has requested
    - If a new transaction is not the first new transaction of the session, default the date to the date of the last new transaction instead of to today's date.
    This sound a bit odd, but I'll explain why: I tend to collect the receipts for things and enter them all in one go a while later. This means that I will have a number of transactions to enter that all have the same date, where that date is not today's. This is how Checkbook on PalmOS behaved, but I realise that this behaviour might be detrimental to some peoples' usage.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by jdod
    I need an app that syncs to the cloud and 2 users have access to the data so both can update the account information. Clearcheckbook does this, but falls way short in many ways. I would like to buy your app if it either does now do this or will do so.

Can you speak to this possibility?

Thanks!

Mine will support that, it is currently in the works.

Originally Posted by jdod
    I just downloaded your beta, and it does not seem to work with split transactions, thats a deal breaker for me.

True?

Same as my other answer, split transactiosn are in the works.
    This is great news! That seals the deal for me, one coming up for all 3 Pre phones currently in the family.

Do you have any time frame for this to happen?

Also, I started a new account about 6 weeks ago, this was to be my break from Quicken. Unfortunately, I must have splits at a minimum, so I have 6 weeks of Quicken. Is there an easy way to import that into Checkbook, or will I have to re-key everything in when the app acquires functionality I need?

Thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Hello,
    I recently purchased this app and it has alot of potential. However, my bank (Sterling Savings Bank) generates an entirely differently formatted excel spreadsheet of my statements than what you require for importing into Google Docs. It took alot of work for me to change it around enough to import. My question is, can you enhance the importing ability to recognize several different formats? My bank offers no mobile banking so a simple import of a months worth of transactions is easier to read in your App than trying to pinch zoom in the browser. However, it's not worth the time/energy/effort to try and restructure the format I'm given onto a Google Docs spreadsheet everytime before performing an import.
    Thanks,
  6.    #1206  
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    Woot, thanks for the update.

Re the skipping-to-the-end-of-the-transaction-list thing: It's not doing it if I edit a transaction, but it does do it if I enter a new transaction. So if I'm part way through the list and enter a new transaction, when I return to the list I am at the end - even if the new transaction is not at the end.

Other nice-to-haves that have occured to me since the last post:
    - Auto-fill the last amount, as somebody else has requested
    - If a new transaction is not the first new transaction of the session, default the date to the date of the last new transaction instead of to today's date.
    This sound a bit odd, but I'll explain why: I tend to collect the receipts for things and enter them all in one go a while later. This means that I will have a number of transactions to enter that all have the same date, where that date is not today's. This is how Checkbook on PalmOS behaved, but I realise that this behaviour might be detrimental to some peoples' usage.
    Okay. That makes more sense then. The skip to the end of the list is the default behaviour but I can look into some way of making that work better...

Guess I'll add auto-fill to the account options list. Lots of different configurations to worry about

I can look into that as well. I never used Checkbook on PalmOS; my main program was AccountsManager2 and it seemed to be a rather simple but useful program to me.

This is great news! That seals the deal for me, one coming up for all 3 Pre phones currently in the family.

Do you have any time frame for this to happen?

Also, I started a new account about 6 weeks ago, this was to be my break from Quicken. Unfortunately, I must have splits at a minimum, so I have 6 weeks of Quicken. Is there an easy way to import that into Checkbook, or will I have to re-key everything in when the app acquires functionality I need?

Thanks!
    Multidevice syncing is in the queue. It is the next major feature after recurring transactions (by major feature I mean things that drive me crazy because I cannot figure them out as easily as something like searching). I do not know when I will have it out though, but it will be in a much shorter time-frame than the whole thing with recurring transactions.

I do not know at this time. I will have to see an example of how Quicken handles the splits and I will also probably need to rewrite the whole export & import systems to handle split transactions. Ugh, didn't think of that before. Wish I had thought of split trsns when I was first writing this thing, would make it a lot easier to set up.

Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hello,
    I recently purchased this app and it has alot of potential. However, my bank (Sterling Savings Bank) generates an entirely differently formatted excel spreadsheet of my statements than what you require for importing into Google Docs. It took alot of work for me to change it around enough to import. My question is, can you enhance the importing ability to recognize several different formats? My bank offers no mobile banking so a simple import of a months worth of transactions is easier to read in your App than trying to pinch zoom in the browser. However, it's not worth the time/energy/effort to try and restructure the format I'm given onto a Google Docs spreadsheet everytime before performing an import.
    Thanks,
    Updating the Google docs import system is in the queue of work (completely separate update than the one mentioned above). I will be making the import system be able to determine the column names and then present the user with a dialog to select which columns are which, but only if it doesn't recognize at least one column. If it is an accepted format, it will continue on its merry way with no worries.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Multidevice syncing is in the queue. It is the next major feature after recurring transactions (by major feature I mean things that drive me crazy because I cannot figure them out as easily as something like searching). I do not know when I will have it out though, but it will be in a much shorter time-frame than the whole thing with recurring transactions.

I do not know at this time. I will have to see an example of how Quicken handles the splits and I will also probably need to rewrite the whole export & import systems to handle split transactions. Ugh, didn't think of that before. Wish I had thought of split trsns when I was first writing this thing, would make it a lot easier to set up.
    Thanks for the quick response. You've quite a lot in the plans for this app, I look forward to seeing it grow.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  8.    #1208  
    Thanks for the quick response. You've quite a lot in the plans for this app, I look forward to seeing it grow.
    I do. I want to make something great that will last as long as the platform. With the multidevice syncing, I plan to expand beyond just webOS into Android and web apps (not touching iPhone with a 10 kilometer long pole though).
  9.    #1209  
    While the beta says it is expiring soon, it lies. I'll be doing an update this week which will extend that. It will also include needed framework updates for the next major version which will soon follow.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    One way to move more users to your application will be to offer them solutions to migrate their data to your application.

I have been looking at this and found this so far:

QIF Converter

I have a 60 day trial on a 2008 version of Quicken Home and Business, I am pulling for fast development to split transactions for your application!
    This may already be addressed in the forum (i'm getting better about searching through them) but this is my 3rd pre now and I wanted to know if there was a way I could save the entries I have in my checkbook app so that if another one goes bad, I dont have to start all over again. Can anyone help?!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john.fuston View Post
    I wanted to know if there was a way I could save the entries I have in my checkbook app so that if another one goes bad, I dont have to start all over again. Can anyone help?!
    Export your data to Google Docs:
    1) Preferences & Data
    2) Export Data
    3) Login to your Google account

You can import the data to the new device using the "Import Data" function.

Quote Originally Posted by john.fuston View Post
    This may already be addressed in the forum (i'm getting better about searching through them) but this is my 3rd pre now and I wanted to know if there was a way I could save the entries I have in my checkbook app so that if another one goes bad, I dont have to start all over again. Can anyone help?!
    There's also the Save/Restore app that allows you to backup and restore Checkbook data (among many other apps' data). I like the ease of use of Save/Restore better but it's always good to have options, especially when your data is important to you.
    Want to get the best Android Apps on your webOS device? Tell HP we need OpenMobile ACL!
    Sign the petition today at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/a...apps-on-webos/
  14.    #1214  
    Also (I had planned it to be implemented by now but I am failing on keeping to the release schedule) Checkbook will have an automatic backup system in the future.
    Any news on Android development. I am really missing your app right now. Checked your webpage and did not see any news of it on there.

Please please please port it over when you have time. There is some serious room for you to jump on top.

P.s. thought this was webos related as I really miss this app from my pre. It's an awesome app for those who still have not tried it.
  16.    #1216  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Any news on Android development. I am really missing your app right now. Checked your webpage and did not see any news of it on there.

Please please please port it over when you have time. There is some serious room for you to jump on top.

P.s. thought this was webos related as I really miss this app from my pre. It's an awesome app for those who still have not tried it.
    Heh, the android app is progressing. I'm going to start a local beta in the next week or so (so I can actually play with the app on a device). I'm working as fast as I can and have the time/brain to work on it.

I also don't have a mailing list or anything set up but I'll post updates on my twitter account (@glitchtech) at the very least.
    hey man! any new beta release soon?

the preivous version is expiring! and i have no access to the app catalog to buy your app either! =(
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    hey man! any new beta release soon?

the preivous version is expiring! and i have no access to the app catalog to buy your app either! =(
    Read post #1209, above.

19.    #1219  
    webOS Checkbook Beta update released. Extended beta timeframe and rebuilt some base structures. Please test add/edit/delete account & add/edit/delete transaction for bugs. These systems have been heavily modified in order to prepare for recurring transactions, easier automated syncing, and decreased loading times.

This is a half-way update. No new major features yet, but they are in the pipeline.

Edit: Bugger, found a bug already... fixing it...

Edit 2: Bug fixed in revision 0.8.726. Also found edit transaction isn't working right. Will fix that soon.
    Last edited by ryltar; 07/08/2010 at 03:14 AM.
  20.    #1220  
    The fix was sent in earlier this morning. You should be able to download 0.8.727 for testing.