Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
    I like the idea of a "universal search" option if/when you have the time or desire to add it.

@cas_esq: I like your avatar!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I just had an idea for an option within this wicked awesome application!

Either a recurring payment option or a copy payment with a new date... or both ... recurring works great for something like a car or house payment... copy could copy all the details of the transaction perhaps except the check number... lots of possibilities! :-)
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I just bought Checkbook for buy-an-app day. I was very pleased by the ease with which I was able to export/import my data. Kudos! It was painless -- much less painless than setting up all of my preferences again. Oh well. Now that I've given up my beta, here's to short lags on new features from beta to paid version. I anxiously await recurring transactions.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
  4.    #1184  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    I've asked for this a few times already. I really really would like to see a "universal search" option within an account (or filtering, whatever you wanna call it) I wanna be ableto look up a specific payee within the account.
    Lets say I want to see how much I paid Verizon, I should be to start typinng Veri.... And it should filter it.
    That would be great....
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    "universal search" would be awesome. I to would love to have this option....when you find the time. Thanks for the great app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I like the idea of a "universal search" option if/when you have the time or desire to add it.
    It is underway. It will be in my next release.

Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I am one of many patiently waiting for your bill app. Once you are able to turn back to that app, I hope you will retain the look and feel of Checkbook. I let my eyes wander to Dough and was repelled by all of the icons. People have different preferences but I like the clean look and feel of Checkbook. Checkbook is one of my most valuable apps.
    I will try to get that out into beta soon. I just haven't had the time I need to work on it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmesal View Post
    I just had an idea for an option within this wicked awesome application!

Either a recurring payment option or a copy payment with a new date... or both ... recurring works great for something like a car or house payment... copy could copy all the details of the transaction perhaps except the check number... lots of possibilities! :-)
    I am working on recurring transactions. I'm also working to give the auto-suggest feature more power and the ability for you to blacklist or create your own prefered suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I just bought Checkbook for buy-an-app day. I was very pleased by the ease with which I was able to export/import my data. Kudos! It was painless -- much less painless than setting up all of my preferences again. Oh well. Now that I've given up my beta, here's to short lags on new features from beta to paid version. I anxiously await recurring transactions.
    I'm working on reducing the pain with an auto-backup system that'll save everything. I'll also try to keep the update lag shorter, though it'll be the bugs that decide
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Ryltar:
    This has been my favorite app...but now that droid has Audible I have to move. What do you suggest as a replacement? Thanks,Dave.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Ryltar:
    This has been my favorite app...but now that droid has Audible I have to move. What do you suggest as a replacement? Thanks,Dave.

Twitter / Matt: I've been thinking about p ...
  7.    #1187  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Ryltar:
    Heh, well I haven't used an Android phone yet, so I don't have a suggestion that I can give you. As Fareal pointed out, I am going to start development of an Android version of Checkbook. Dev will start later this month after I put out a webOS Checkbook update.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    It is underway. It will be in my next release.

I will try to get that out into beta soon. I just haven't had the time I need to work on it yet.

I am working on recurring transactions. I'm also working to give the auto-suggest feature more power and the ability for you to blacklist or create your own prefered suggestions.

I'm working on reducing the pain with an auto-backup system that'll save everything. I'll also try to keep the update lag shorter, though it'll be the bugs that decide
    Great, very happy. Will make complete....
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    It is still. Once I get some time, I will be working on setting up an OFX import/export system.

I'll look into adding a date range for the export system. That shouldn't be too hard ( but don't hold me to that )
    Is the OFX system still in the works? Love the app but would make it sooo much easier for those of us who share an account and need to sync up on a PC to capture both sets of transactions. Right now I'm having to enter everything manually which isn't horrible but well I'm lazy lol
    Treo 650 > Treo 700 > Treo 755p > Touch Diamond (ouch) > Blackberry Curve > Palm Pre
  10.    #1190  
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse13 View Post
    Is the OFX system still in the works? Love the app but would make it sooo much easier for those of us who share an account and need to sync up on a PC to capture both sets of transactions. Right now I'm having to enter everything manually which isn't horrible but well I'm lazy lol
    It is and also an auto-backup system which should allow for syncing between multiple devices.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Heh, well I haven't used an Android phone yet, so I don't have a suggestion that I can give you. As Fareal pointed out, I am going to start development of an Android version of Checkbook. Dev will start later this month after I put out a webOS Checkbook update.
    Thats great news. Don't make it free though. There is a lack of a good checkbook app on Android and if you charge a good price and there should be a chance for substantial revenue.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hey, ryltar, dropping back by again after a few months to let you know that Checkbook is still sitting front and center of my quick launch bar as my favorite and most frequently accessed app. It still works beautifully and I am now sitting on more money than I have ever had in my life, simply because Checkbook has helped to guide me to be more conscious of my spending.

I would also like to take this time to pile on a couple of more requests along with those with everyone else:

1. The budgeting feature is, simply put, a bad-*** feature that snuck up on me a couple of months ago. I'm into my third month with the feature, and although my spending is a lot more measured these days, I'm still managing to blow my budget by a couple of hundred dollars. I've also noticed that there is no option to edit specific budget items from month to month. For instance, one month I managed to stay $11 under my Fast Food budget (which was at $50 in may), and I would like to edit the item in such a way so that I can decrease the amount of wiggle room I have to $40 for the month of June. I can't seem to do this at all without altering the budget limit for previous months. Seems like something like this would be simple to implement. What are your thoughts?

2. Under your Reports category, I would love to see pie graphs illustrating my income report. Before I got this app in September, I never really had a clear idea how much money I made a month from the tips I get bartending (I only have a faint estimate of what I make on an average week), so seeing this in graph form or even in a simple report card style would be informative.

Thanks for listening as always. Oh, and I friended you on Facebook. Hollaaaaaa

-- H.
  13.    #1193  
    Quote Originally Posted by Le THieN View Post
    Hey, ryltar, dropping back by again after a few months to let you know that Checkbook is still sitting front and center of my quick launch bar as my favorite and most frequently accessed app. It still works beautifully and I am now sitting on more money than I have ever had in my life, simply because Checkbook has helped to guide me to be more conscious of my spending.

I would also like to take this time to pile on a couple of more requests along with those with everyone else:

1. The budgeting feature is, simply put, a bad-*** feature that snuck up on me a couple of months ago. I'm into my third month with the feature, and although my spending is a lot more measured these days, I'm still managing to blow my budget by a couple of hundred dollars. I've also noticed that there is no option to edit specific budget items from month to month. For instance, one month I managed to stay $11 under my Fast Food budget (which was at $50 in may), and I would like to edit the item in such a way so that I can decrease the amount of wiggle room I have to $40 for the month of June. I can't seem to do this at all without altering the budget limit for previous months. Seems like something like this would be simple to implement. What are your thoughts?

2. Under your Reports category, I would love to see pie graphs illustrating my income report. Before I got this app in September, I never really had a clear idea how much money I made a month from the tips I get bartending (I only have a faint estimate of what I make on an average week), so seeing this in graph form or even in a simple report card style would be informative.
    I'm glad Checkbook is helping. I was the same way when I started using a checkbook app on my Palm V, though I still blow my budget some months

As to your requests:
    1. Yes. I am working on upgrading the budget system and what you suggested is involved in it. The version currently being used is a beta version of budgeting. I'm aiming to make it a lot more like Mint.com's budget system. I don't think any changes are getting into the next beta release though. I am behind on it already >.<

2. Again, yes. I'm working on making the reports system better. It'll be more customizable and have different views (like bar, line, pie) and you'll be able to modify the parameters like Mint does. But like I said about the budget system, these changes probably won't make it into the next release because I'm behind there too.

The next version is under way. It would be done by now, but I keep getting interrupted and haven't had the time I need to finish it off. So please wait just a little longer.
  14.    #1194  
    If you could make one graphical/ui change to the Checkbook, what would it be?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Only one? I want to reorder my accounts while in alpha category and have the change be persistent . . . while viewing my accounts in Palm Dark.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    A UI change... hmmm...
    Would you include autofilling the amount field with the last amount for that payee, or would that be functionality?
    Really the UI is nice, simple, and fast.
    It's custom budget periods, and recurring transactions that I'm waiting for.
    After trying a few other budget apps, I always come back to checkbook.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I need an app that syncs to the cloud and 2 users have access to the data so both can update the account information. Clearcheckbook does this, but falls way short in many ways. I would like to buy your app if it either does now do this or will do so.

Can you speak to this possibility?

Thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I just downloaded your beta, and it does not seem to work with split transactions, thats a deal breaker for me.

True?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    After moving from Ultrasoft's app of the same name on PalmOS I've now been using Checkbook for a few months, so I thought I'd offer feedback and feature requests. I know that some of these requests are things that you've already said you're working on - great :-)
    First of all, this is by far the best financial app on WebOS. It's a bit slow, but that's a complaint with WebOS in general so is probably unavoidable...

Big "missing features":
    1. Repeating transactions.
    2. SEARCH!!!!! - This would probably have been a deal-breaker if I'd noticed before purchase.... but now I'll wait patiently Search by description at an absolute minimum, but ideally a full filtering system, by name, date, amount, account, etc., etc.
    3. The ability to hide cleared transactions without deleting them. After I've gone through a reconciled everything I don't want to see the cleared stuff, but I want to keep it available for reference (especially once there is a search feature)

Minor niggles:
    4. After editing a transaction, the transaction list goes to the end rather than to the point at which I left it.
    5. Split budget categories would be handy.

Bug report:
    6. The order of accounts is not retained in "Custom Category" mode. I imagine you already know about this :-)

Thanks for what you've done so far, and I look forward to future updates.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    If while in reports the pie chart didn't have numbers but the categories that the numbers represents or a Key that explains the numbers and colors.