Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
    Well, I'm prob switching to android once the HTC Evo comes out (though i love palm, my frustration has been building up w/ my pre) and i was wondering if you have an adroid version of you GREAT app or if you know of any good adroid apps that are as close to this one as possible AND will import the date we have exported from your app (so that i dont have to go back and put in 2 years of transactions into the new app, i use it to keep track of my tips i make and i like to be able to look back and see how the week/day was in the previous year(s) to judge how the night might go)
  2.    #1162  
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    Well, I'm prob switching to android once the HTC Evo comes out (though i love palm, my frustration has been building up w/ my pre) and i was wondering if you have an android version of you GREAT app or if you know of any good android apps that are as close to this one as possible AND will import the date we have exported from your app (so that i don't have to go back and put in 2 years of transactions into the new app, i use it to keep track of my tips i make and i like to be able to look back and see how the week/day was in the previous year(s) to judge how the night might go)
    I don't have an Android version of Checkbook out, no. I haven't touched that market yet, though it might be fun to look into it. The main problem is that I don't have much spare time and that is the only time I can work on Checkbook or any other apps. I'd also have to scrape together the funds to pay for a dev device and I'd have to deal with all the different flavours of Android.

So in short, not now but maybe in the future.
  3.    #1163  
    Quote Originally Posted by tk 421 View Post
    Wait! I noticed that in the CSV import sample sheet, there is no place to write the transaction category. There seems to be a category for the account though.

Will the categories and sub-categories be preserved after importing? What about transfer transactions?

To clear up any misunderstandings, I am in the process of preparing the data from my old Palm TX PDA to a Pre Plus I intend to buy when it's out in Canada. I won't buy a Pre Plus until all my data is ready.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!
    If you 'hack' the sheet format a little bit you can preserve categories/subcategories and transfers. Use the following column headers to import additional data beyond what is listed in the example spreadsheet. Each column header must be a single word chunk, capitalization doesn't matter. Anything after the word chunk in parenthesis is comments about specific formatting for the item.
    • account
    • accountCat
    • date (try to use a standard timestamp format like 1/10/2010 20:20:00 for January 10th, 2010 at 8:20pm)
    • amount (currently only understands US currency format, ie $20.00 or 4,203.28)
    • description
    • cleared (Yes/Cleared/Checked or No/[blank])
    • checkNum
    • note
    • gtId (specific ID of transaction, will overwrite any transaction that shares the ID)
    • gtCat (must be formatted like "Main Cat|Sub Cat" with out the quotes. Using more than 1 | may not result in proper formatting. Using a ~ may also result in a bad import. That is the separator being used with split transactions in the Alpha)
    • gtLinkId (specific ID of linked transaction, will create 1/2 of a link between two items)
    • gtLinkedAccount (Linked account name, same format as account)
    • gtLinkedAccountCat (Linked account category, same format as accountcat)
    Thanks for the help! I'll definitely look into this. Now that HP bought Palm, there will be a great future to this platform. As I told you earlier, you will sell millions of copies!
    Thanks again for the work!
    I used to love SplashMoney on my Treo, but now I refuse to use Classic. The nice feature about SplashMoney was to be able to synch with all my online accounts directly from my Treo. Will this app be able to do that?
  6.    #1166  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I used to love SplashMoney on my Treo, but now I refuse to use Classic. The nice feature about SplashMoney was to be able to synch with all my online accounts directly from my Treo. Will this app be able to do that?
    It is something I want to be able to include in Checkbook. The primary problem with this is security of the feeds and also the fact that many banks have different protocols for fetching data or they outright forbid it unless you are a major player.
    Hi! I downloaded Checkbook last night and am having just a little bit of trouble. Importing on a basic level is easy however it seems I have to adjust all of my transactions to either a + or - transaction. It is probably something I'm missing, but I wanted to check before I got frustrated. Is there a column I can create that will auto select if it is a transaction to add into the total or subtract from the total?
  8.    #1168  
    Quote Originally Posted by MRThomasTN View Post
    Hi! I downloaded Checkbook last night and am having just a little bit of trouble. Importing on a basic level is easy however it seems I have to adjust all of my transactions to either a + or - transaction. It is probably something I'm missing, but I wanted to check before I got frustrated. Is there a column I can create that will auto select if it is a transaction to add into the total or subtract from the total?
    It should automatically mark them as positive or negative if you have the actual item marked as such. So -$10.00 for food and $50.00 for paycheck or something like that. I'll double check it though to see if any more bugs where introduced in the recent updates to webOS and the google API.
  9.    #1169  
    Minor update just sent in with improvements in bug tracking. I'll be updating later this weekend with search system updates as well.
  10.    #1170  
    Version update tonight. I wasn't able to get searching in yet, but it is almost there. It should be available soon for install.

Changes v0.8.723 (Beta) [05/17/2010]
    • Custom account sorting (only able to permanently change the order of accounts when in ’Custom Account’ sort mode)
    • Accounts scene ’remembers’ what sort mode you were in
    • New Sort: Sort by check number
    • Increase PIN code max length to 10 characters
    • Updated PIN setting system. Now requires confirmation of PIN changes
    • UI Updates
    • Minor Bug fixes
    Last edited by ryltar; 05/17/2010 at 03:30 PM.
    ryltar loving the app still. How are the two other apps you were working on coming? Bill tracker (?) and something else? Any chance of getting a global setting. For example now I have to go into each account and set the display running balance. I would love to be able to do that one time and apply to all. Keep up the great work!!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Will this / does this support an actual sync process to the google spreadsheet as opposed to manually backing up the data?
  13.    #1173  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    ryltar loving the app still. How are the two other apps you were working on coming? Bill tracker (?) and something else? Any chance of getting a global setting. For example now I have to go into each account and set the display running balance. I would love to be able to do that one time and apply to all. Keep up the great work!!
    I'm working on other apps. Surprisingly, I got a job offer for a summer internship so I am working on webos stuff at night. Don't have any eta on new apps but I'd like to try to get one out before the hot apps promotion ends

I'm working on several Checkbook features as well including a global setting system. The hard part of that is setting up an appropriate UI

Quote Originally Posted by kingmesal View Post
    Will this / does this support an actual sync process to the google spreadsheet as opposed to manually backing up the data?
    Not yet, but it will. I am unsure if I will google docs as the sync hub mainly due to current issues with the export and import system.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    I'm working on other apps. Surprisingly, I got a job offer for a summer internship so I am working on webos stuff at night. Don't have any eta on new apps but I'd like to try to get one out before the hot apps promotion ends

I'm working on several Checkbook features as well including a global setting system. The hard part of that is setting up an appropriate UI

Not yet, but it will. I am unsure if I will google docs as the sync hub mainly due to current issues with the export and import system.
    Do you have any ideas on timeline? a few weeks, few months, etc... ?

Thanks! BTW, The app works very smoothly, and looks nice too!
  15.    #1175  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmesal View Post
    Do you have any ideas on timeline? a few weeks, few months, etc... ?

Thanks! BTW, The app works very smoothly, and looks nice too!
    1 billion years!

Seriously, I hope to have auto backup in beta testing by the end of July at the latest. Hopefully sooner but I am going to be working on a few new projects for webOS and I need to work on some nasty math formulas for my robot.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if anyone else has said this to you yet but I came across this great app the other week called "Bills" by code beyond. They have a great way of doing recurring transactions and integration with the calender and calculator. Looking from a non-coders eye, i can see how this could fit with checkbook for those who want recurring payments. I dont want or need my app making transactions with out me knowing but some have expressed an interest. Honestly i want this app to blow all other apps out the water . I'll keep my eye out for things that might help this app. So far this is still my #1 App.
  17.    #1177  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else has said this to you yet but I came across this great app the other week called "Bills" by code beyond. They have a great way of doing recurring transactions and integration with the calender and calculator. Looking from a non-coders eye, i can see how this could fit with checkbook for those who want recurring payments. I dont want or need my app making transactions with out me knowing but some have expressed an interest. Honestly i want this app to blow all other apps out the water . I'll keep my eye out for things that might help this app. So far this is still my #1 App.
    ah, the people who made Dough. I had plans to make a bill app that integrates with Checkbook. I have some groundwork laid down for it, just need to spend some time on it.

first, recurring transactions and autobackup. I'm going to make a large push on them and hopefully get something out.
    I've asked for this a few times already. I really really would like to see a "universal search" option within an account (or filtering, whatever you wanna call it) I wanna be ableto look up a specific payee within the account.
    Lets say I want to see how much I paid Verizon, I should be to start typinng Veri.... And it should filter it.
    That would be great....
    "universal search" would be awesome. I to would love to have this option....when you find the time. Thanks for the great app.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    ah, the people who made Dough. I had plans to make a bill app that integrates with Checkbook. I have some groundwork laid down for it, just need to spend some time on it.
    I am one of many patiently waiting for your bill app. Once you are able to turn back to that app, I hope you will retain the look and feel of Checkbook. I let my eyes wander to Dough and was repelled by all of the icons. People have different preferences but I like the clean look and feel of Checkbook. Checkbook is one of my most valuable apps.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.