Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8485354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1141  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob LeBlah View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I tried this and for some reason, after I rename the file and open checkbook again, it shows two messages: "creating application database" and "updated database" and then prompts to show me the change log. However the data is not there. Funny, though, when I look at the db file on the usb drive, it is the bigger file (i.e. the data is there) for some reason, the app isn't seeing it, though.

    If it makes a difference, I was running an older beta version of checkbook when I backed the file up (I think it was 0.7.2?)
    How old it is shouldn't matter. The DB should be fine with that. I'll look into it...
    I figured out what the problem is, at least I believe so if you are using something before Checkbook Beta 0.8.625. The IPK was changed from com.glitchtech.checkbook to com.glitchtechscience.checkbookbeta. The DB's may still be compatible but it will need to be moved to the proper folder and replace the new beta's one. If you need help with figuring that out, let me know. I am not sure if the two are compatible with the DB's so you might need to re-install the old version (if you can find your old data) and use the export system to transfer the information to the new version...

    Otherwise, I have no clue as to what is happening. Checkbook had a live companion from 0.8.625 and on so the DB is always built to be compatible...
  2. #1142  
    Is anyone having problems w/this running slow
  3. #1143  
    Ryltar GREAT Job with this app! I use it all the time! And was definitely worth the money! (Saved me from some OD fees! ) This is the best checking app Ive seen, my GF has a Iphone and they are all too many steps for a single transaction, Great job with the UI!

    One thing, Im sure it was brought up before but any chance on getting us recurring pymnts, PLEASE!?!?!?!

    Love all the updates and changes so far, keep it up!
  4.    #1144  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey320 View Post
    Is anyone having problems w/this running slow
    Not recently. Sometimes if you've been running some heavy hitting apps, Checkbook can run slow. I am working on reducing its footprint all the time though.

    Quote Originally Posted by gsonspre View Post
    Ryltar GREAT Job with this app! I use it all the time! And was definitely worth the money! (Saved me from some OD fees! ) This is the best checking app Ive seen, my GF has a Iphone and they are all too many steps for a single transaction, Great job with the UI!

    One thing, Im sure it was brought up before but any chance on getting us recurring pymnts, PLEASE!?!?!?!

    Love all the updates and changes so far, keep it up!
    I'm working on it. I just haven't had much time recently. This semester ends May 20 including exams so it is becoming crunch time :/
  5. #1145  
    Thanks, Ryltar. I still had the 0.7.92 download on my computer, so I re-installed that, exported, installed the later version then imported. Worked great!
  6.    #1146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob LeBlah View Post
    Thanks, Ryltar. I still had the 0.7.92 download on my computer, so I re-installed that, exported, installed the later version then imported. Worked great!
    Glad you were able to preserve your data. I'm working on an automated backup system as well... to bad I cannot just use the Palm Backup system, would save me a bunch of time
  7. #1147  
    Amidst all the discussion, I just wanted to write my appreciation for your hard work!
  8. #1148  
    Great app!! I have used the beta version, and I now have the offical app catalog version. Question, I know that originally you had quicken sync/import/export as a future or wishlist feature; is that still a possibility? Also, as a feature request, is it possible to add a date range feature to the export function? Since I am transposing my new entries to Quicken, it would be helpful to be able to just export my new entries. Thanks and keep up the great work!
  9.    #1149  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcole01272 View Post
    Great app!! I have used the beta version, and I now have the offical app catalog version. Question, I know that originally you had quicken sync/import/export as a future or wishlist feature; is that still a possibility? Also, as a feature request, is it possible to add a date range feature to the export function? Since I am transposing my new entries to Quicken, it would be helpful to be able to just export my new entries. Thanks and keep up the great work!
    It is still. Once I get some time, I will be working on setting up an OFX import/export system.

    I'll look into adding a date range for the export system. That shouldn't be too hard ( but don't hold me to that )
  10. #1150  
    ryltar. Sorry I never got back to you on the display issue. But I changed the order under view settings for the 2 accts and it seems to be working fine. I will keep and eye on it next time I dr my phone.

    once again thanks for the awesome app. And here is to hoping the stuff announced today on the front page makes your app programing easier.
  11. #1151  
    Just downloaded the app, love it!
  12. #1152  
    Is there any easy way to import data from Ultrasoft Checkbook (or Money) databases directly? There are many people who would love to migrate the data to the webOS Checkbook app. I know that Ultrasoft Checkbook has a CSV exporter program on Windows. If somehow this could be imported directly into webOS Checkbook, it would solve a big problem.

    Thanks for the work on this software!
  13.    #1153  
    Quote Originally Posted by tk 421 View Post
    Is there any easy way to import data from Ultrasoft Checkbook (or Money) databases directly? There are many people who would love to migrate the data to the webOS Checkbook app. I know that Ultrasoft Checkbook has a CSV exporter program on Windows. If somehow this could be imported directly into webOS Checkbook, it would solve a big problem.

    Thanks for the work on this software!
    If you export the CSV file and upload it to your Google Documents account, you can then use the Importer in Checkbook to pull it down. Google docs has been misbehaving recently so you may need to break up the file into smaller chunks. I'm looking in to ways to fix that.
  14. #1154  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    If you export the CSV file and upload it to your Google Documents account, you can then use the Importer in Checkbook to pull it down. Google docs has been misbehaving recently so you may need to break up the file into smaller chunks. I'm looking in to ways to fix that.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

    Is there any way to do it without using Google Docs? Like, e-mail or a file on the media partition? Also, do I need to format the CSV file a certain way, or is it already okay out of the Ultrasoft exporter?

    It's crazy that you can offer an app of such functionality for 2$. I mean, the Ultrasoft apps are so expensive. I hope you sell millions! (When webOS becomes more mainstream.)
  15.    #1155  
    Quote Originally Posted by tk 421 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.

    Is there any way to do it without using Google Docs? Like, e-mail or a file on the media partition? Also, do I need to format the CSV file a certain way, or is it already okay out of the Ultrasoft exporter?

    It's crazy that you can offer an app of such functionality for 2$. I mean, the Ultrasoft apps are so expensive. I hope you sell millions! (When webOS becomes more mainstream.)
    Heh, I hope I sell many copies as well. I just need to get it in the Featured area again once it hits AT&T. Then hopefully many many people will buy it

    As to importing for the media partition, it cannot do that yet. I'm looking at adding in the ability to do that with CSV or OFX files in a future update. It won't be in the next few weeks though. It is coming up on exam time >.<

    As to the format of the file, it must be a specific way for now. I may update the import system in the future, but you can view the requirements at GlitchTech Science Checkbook (webOS) Tutorial. I also have a link there where you can view an example spreadsheet.
  16. #1156  
    Okay, I'll definitely look at the tutorial on your site. So if I get this right, I just run the CSV exporter program from Ultrasoft on my desktop, then reformat the output file to match your criteria, and then import to webOS Checkbook, either using Google Docs or an eventual media partition import tool.

    I have years of data in there, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

    Thanks a million!
  17. #1157  
    Quote Originally Posted by tk 421 View Post
    Okay, I'll definitely look at the tutorial on your site. So if I get this right, I just run the CSV exporter program from Ultrasoft on my desktop, then reformat the output file to match your criteria, and then import to webOS Checkbook, either using Google Docs or an eventual media partition import tool.

    I have years of data in there, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

    Thanks a million!
    I did something similar when I exported my data from Quicken. The only issue I had was on my largest account it failed when I attempted to import it with the EVDO connection; however when I got home I was able to import everything over wifi with no issues.
  18. #1158  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcole01272 View Post
    I did something similar when I exported my data from Quicken. The only issue I had was on my largest account it failed when I attempted to import it with the EVDO connection; however when I got home I was able to import everything over wifi with no issues.

    Thanks for the input.

    How hard was it to reformat the CSV file to match the webOS Checkbook criteria for import? Did you just do this with Excel?

    I think I will be trying this out later tonight.
  19. #1159  
    Quote Originally Posted by tk 421 View Post
    Thanks for the input.

    How hard was it to reformat the CSV file to match the webOS Checkbook criteria for import? Did you just do this with Excel?

    I think I will be trying this out later tonight.
    Yes, it was fairly easy to do with Excel, I basically just re-ordered the columns to match the Checkbook criteria. One thing I discovered was when you open the CSV file in Excel, it will give you multiple tabs (Sheet 1, Sheet 2, Sheet 3). If all of your data is one the first sheet, delete the sheets that do not have data, it will make the import process easier (at least it did for me).
  20. #1160  
    Wait! I noticed that in the CSV import sample sheet, there is no place to write the transaction category. There seems to be a category for the account though.

    Will the categories and sub-categories be preserved after importing? What about transfer transactions?

    To clear up any misunderstandings, I am in the process of preparing the data from my old Palm TX PDA to a Pre Plus I intend to buy when it's out in Canada. I won't buy a Pre Plus until all my data is ready.

    Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions