Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1121  
    Quote Originally Posted by az.tracy View Post
    Ryltar,

I updated to the new version in the App catalog (0.8.712) today. Now the app will only show the Available balance on the account listing screen, no matter what I set it to show either in preferences or from within the account screen. I like to always have it show the final balance.

Thanks.
    This is a semi-persistent bug. I'm working to fix it cause sometimes I can replicate it. Sometimes I can't. An update will be coming out soon with a fix I hope.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hey Ryltar, I just changed my balance display to Cleared from Available, and now I cant see my running balance. I went back to make sure the box was checked and it was. I then changed the display back to Available and it still wouldnt show a running balance (box was still checked). I was just hoping that you may have a suggestion, I am not as tech savvy as some here to fix little problems like that. Thank you in advanc!

Woody
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    EDIT: ::User Error:: .. my bad.. disregard post below

Ryltar,

I THINK that ever since I updated to the version currently in the Palm App catalog (0.8.712) my Cleared, Pending, and Available balances are screwed up. My Final balance is correct. I looked at an export to Google Docs and it seems ok there (No/Yes Cleared). Is there any way you could provide me a download link to the previous version in the app catalog so I can try to verify this?

I'll backup my DB and uninstall. And install the version you provide and either manually replace the DB or I'll import from Google Docs.

I've already tried installing the Beta version and importing, but those balances mentioned above are still incorrect.

Thank you
    Last edited by fareal; 04/05/2010 at 11:53 PM.
  4.    #1124  
    Quote Originally Posted by AWoody251 View Post
    Hey Ryltar, I just changed my balance display to Cleared from Available, and now I cant see my running balance. I went back to make sure the box was checked and it was. I then changed the display back to Available and it still wouldnt show a running balance (box was still checked). I was just hoping that you may have a suggestion, I am not as tech savvy as some here to fix little problems like that. Thank you in advanc!

Woody
    What sort mode are you using? I have no idea why this might be happening right now but I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Ryltar,

I THINK that ever since I updated to the version currently in the Palm App catalog (0.8.712) my Cleared, Pending, and Available balances are screwed up. My Final balance is correct. I looked at an export to Google Docs and it seems ok there (No/Yes Cleared). Is there any way you could provide me a download link to the previous version in the app catalog so I can try to verify this?

I'll backup my DB and uninstall. And install the version you provide and either manually replace the DB or I'll import from Google Docs.

I've already tried installing the Beta version and importing, but those balances mentioned above are still incorrect.

Thank you
    Strange. I don't have the previous version on me right now (on campus) but I'll remember to do so later. I haven't modified any of the balance calculations at all in the most recent update so I am unsure what you might be experiencing.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Ryltar, nevermind. I found MY mistake and cleared up the balances.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Ryltar,

I never noticed this before and sorry if you have addressed this or are aware of this, but I noticed that when exporting and importing accounts that your not truly copying the account but simply exporting the transaction data in the accounts. On the front screen, listing all the accounts, you have made it convenient to be able to make a note on each account under preferences and data. I typically update pin numbers, account numbers, and bank information on the front screen for each account. That information is not transfered via import and export. I never ran into this issue before because i usually manually move the databases by connecting to my comp.

Its not a big deal but looking at the possibility to export the whole account, preferences and all, would be cool and could solve some issues people my be having with sorting settings in the beta vs. official app. I hope I explained this well enough for you to follow. Is this something you are looking into? Could you incorporate this with the automatic update system when you get it up and running?
    FYI....I love and use this app probably the most of any in my phone, but sometime get lazy about exporting the account so a couple of times i've lost a week or so's info when having to doctor my pre, so i've paid the bounty to Rod at web os internals to get this app added to the Save/Restore app in preware, it saves app data to the usb portion of your pre so it can be loaded back into the app in case of issues with the os and having to doctor your pre without a current copy of your info exported....here is the thread if anyone else is interested....

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Seems to have fixed itself. I loaded the app, and it just came up after all the other information did (maybe like 10 seconds later). Now pops up whenever loaded. Sorry if I inconvenienced you at all.
  9.    #1129  
    Ryltar, nevermind. I found MY mistake and cleared up the balances.
    That's good. I was going a bit crazy trying to find out what was wrong Already doing that in several other areas where the bugs are appearing and I cannot replicate them...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    Ryltar,

I never noticed this before and sorry if you have addressed this or are aware of this, but I noticed that when exporting and importing accounts that your not truly copying the account but simply exporting the transaction data in the accounts. On the front screen, listing all the accounts, you have made it convenient to be able to make a note on each account under preferences and data. I typically update pin numbers, account numbers, and bank information on the front screen for each account. That information is not transfered via import and export. I never ran into this issue before because i usually manually move the databases by connecting to my comp.

Its not a big deal but looking at the possibility to export the whole account, preferences and all, would be cool and could solve some issues people my be having with sorting settings in the beta vs. official app. I hope I explained this well enough for you to follow. Is this something you are looking into? Could you incorporate this with the automatic update system when you get it up and running?
    I am looking into this. I'll either do this through an OFX import/export system or an auto remote sync system.

Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    FYI....I love and use this app probably the most of any in my phone, but sometime get lazy about exporting the account so a couple of times i've lost a week or so's info when having to doctor my pre, so i've paid the bounty to Rod at web os internals to get this app added to the Save/Restore app in preware, it saves app data to the usb portion of your pre so it can be loaded back into the app in case of issues with the os and having to doctor your pre without a current copy of your info exported....here is the thread if anyone else is interested....

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html
    Oh, I have been out of the loop for a bit. I didn't even know that existed. Thanks! I've also sent a donation (sadly not very much because I just paid rent from app sales -_-) to help support them.

Quote Originally Posted by AWoody251 View Post
    Seems to have fixed itself. I loaded the app, and it just came up after all the other information did (maybe like 10 seconds later). Now pops up whenever loaded. Sorry if I inconvenienced you at all.
    Huh... dunno why that happened. I am noticing one bug - the list not fully loading - also happens in the email app so I am not sure it is fully a Checkbook thing and maybe a webOS thing with really long lists...
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post

Oh, I have been out of the loop for a bit. I didn't even know that existed. Thanks! I've also sent a donation (sadly not very much because I just paid rent from app sales -_-) to help support them.

It's fairly new but growing quickly, doesn't have an auto save yet, and i say yet because those guys at internals are good and fast, i wouldn't be surprised to see it soon
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  11.    #1131  
    Changes v0.8.720 (Beta) [04/07/2010]

• Custom account sorting
      • only able to permanently change the order of accounts when in
      ’Custom Account’ sort mode
    • Accounts scene ’remembers’ what sort mode you were in
    • Minor Bug fixes

This is not a release-candidate. There are several more things I wish to do with it before update the Paid version. This is primarily an attempt to fix several bugs that have appeared.
    Can checkbook sync with microsoft money???
  13.    #1133  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl101 View Post
    Can checkbook sync with microsoft money???
    Not at this time. It is something I am looking into, along with potential syncs with Quicken and others, but I currently do not have time to devote to it due to coursework...
    Hi Ryltar,

I have been running the homebrew version of checkbook for months and I love it. My pre didn't like web os 1.4.1 so I had to web os Dr. it. I backed up my checkbook data file in the hopes I would be able to restore it. Well, I went online to the app cataolog and bought that version of checkbook, and then tried to just put the old data file in the appdata folder. It didnt work. Is there a way to get this data back or am I SOL?

Thanks

Bob
  15.    #1135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob LeBlah View Post
    Hi Ryltar,

I have been running the homebrew version of checkbook for months and I love it. My pre didn't like web os 1.4.1 so I had to web os Dr. it. I backed up my checkbook data file in the hopes I would be able to restore it. Well, I went online to the app cataolog and bought that version of checkbook, and then tried to just put the old data file in the appdata folder. It didnt work. Is there a way to get this data back or am I SOL?

Thanks

Bob
    1. You will need to put your device into USB mode.
    2. Find a folder called ./app-storage (it may be hidden).
    3. Look in this folder for another with Checkbook in its name.
    4. If there are two files in this folder, then you will need to do some trial and error.
    5. Backup both files to your desktop and delete them both.
    6. Exit USB mode and run checkbook.
    7. Close the app and return to USB mode.
    8. Go back to the folder.
    9. Copy the name of the file in the folder and delete it.
    10. Move one of the two files your backed up to your desktop to your palm and rename it to the name you copied.
    11. Exit USB mode and open Checkbook.
    12. If your data is there, awesome. If not, try again with the other file.

If you have the backup file on your computer still, then you can just delete the files on the device without backing them up (step 5). Then just rename the file on your computer and move it over (step 10).
    Thanks for your reply. I tried this and for some reason, after I rename the file and open checkbook again, it shows two messages: "creating application database" and "updated database" and then prompts to show me the change log. However the data is not there. Funny, though, when I look at the db file on the usb drive, it is the bigger file (i.e. the data is there) for some reason, the app isn't seeing it, though.

If it makes a difference, I was running an older beta version of checkbook when I backed the file up (I think it was 0.7.2?)
    rylter,
    not sure this is has been mentioned, but when I load any one of my accts it loads about a week earler so I have to scroll down. I am gonna try switching the order options, but other than that any ideas?
  18.    #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob LeBlah View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I tried this and for some reason, after I rename the file and open checkbook again, it shows two messages: "creating application database" and "updated database" and then prompts to show me the change log. However the data is not there. Funny, though, when I look at the db file on the usb drive, it is the bigger file (i.e. the data is there) for some reason, the app isn't seeing it, though.

If it makes a difference, I was running an older beta version of checkbook when I backed the file up (I think it was 0.7.2?)
    How old it is shouldn't matter. The DB should be fine with that. I'll look into it...

Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    rylter,
    not sure this is has been mentioned, but when I load any one of my accts it loads about a week earler so I have to scroll down. I am gonna try switching the order options, but other than that any ideas?
    It is currently set to scroll to the division between now and the future in transactions for any date or cleared status sort. Is it not working like that?
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Hmm seems that parentheses in the description cause the export to google docs to fail? Tried to upload twice and it wouldn't. Removed the parentheses and it uploaded fine.
  20.    #1140  
    Hmm seems that parentheses in the description cause the export to google docs to fail? Tried to upload twice and it wouldn't. Removed the parentheses and it uploaded fine.
    Odd. When I was first setting up the import system, I tested every character I could produce on the webOS keyboard (and symbol button). Maybe something changed. It may also be what causes some imports to fail as well. I'll look into that.