Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
    Ok on the wifi it imports with no problem. Switching back to EVDO it gets hung again but this time at 87%

Yes the balance issue is on the accounts screen.

If you post the instructions to run the palm-log I will run it for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #1082  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Ok on the wifi it imports with no problem. Switching back to EVDO it gets hung again but this time at 87%

Yes the balance issue is on the accounts screen.

If you post the instructions to run the palm-log I will run it for you.
    Okay. I'll fix up the account balance issue.

As to Palm-Log it requires that you have the SDK installed. Your device will also need to be in developer mode I believe. Open a command prompt on windows or the equivalent on mac and enter "palm-log -d usb com.glitchtechscience.checkbook" (add beta on the end if you are using beta) Just copy the output and paste it here.

And since the problem is a bug only on EVD0, that narrows it down. I can ask some contacts if they know anything about that. I will randomly import data all day tomorrow to see if I can get the bug on my Pre. Hopefully I'll be able to recover the logs and figure this sucker out.
    I can share the one file that is having problems if that helps.
    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.YOUR-B27FB1C401>palm-log -d usb com.g
    litchtechscience.checkbook
    palm-log: no devices found
    palm-log: no device found

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.YOUR-B27FB1C401>palm-log -d usb com.g
    retrieving logs for application com.glitchtechscience.checkbookon device "castle
    -linux" {a016c5e0b0c608afff4f2079246e035cce748800} usb 2641

retrieving logs for application com.glitchtechscience.checkbookon device "castle
    [20100309-22:18:36.000793] error: animateWithTimer: 154
    [20100309-22:18:45.568389] error: animateWithTimer: 154
    [20100309-22:19:01.855407] error: Window Props (Import Start): Timeout & Dimming

[20100309-22:19:01.855407] error: Window Props (Import Start): Timeout & Dimming

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.YOUR-B27FB1C401>

And this is the wifi with the file I have been having problems with all day.
    love the update!!

Splashmoney can now lie to rest!!!

thanks!
  6.    #1086  
    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

palm-log: no devices found
    palm-log: no device found

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.YOUR-B27FB1C401>

And this is the wifi with the file I have been having problems with all day.
    Okay. Thanks for that information. It shows nothing really is malfunctioning that I logged already. I'm going to dig deep tomorrow and see if I can get it to not work. The file shouldn't matter and I'll make sure I'm using the cell system instead of wifi.
    The wierd part is I have two files with the exact same information and one hangs up like above. When I import the accounts in it always gets hung on 2 of 12. When I deselect the second one all other accounts import in flawlessly. I even copy and pasted the information from google docs to excel and back to a new spreadsheet in google docs and it will import in via wifi. That is why I thought it was a file.
  8.    #1088  
    Working on localization for Checkbook. Finally managed to snag all the strings (I think). I ran them through a quick Google translate. If anyone is proficient at English and either German, French, Spanish, or Italian then could you take a look at the attachment and let me know. There are about 300 strings that need checking though -_-
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I notice in the beta version when I have default selected under accounts on the main screen it will take all acccount balances to zero. This happens sometimes when you go in and out of accounts as well even when you have a default account selected.
    Feature request can you have an option that enables you to change all settings to all acounts on a preference section and then go into individual accounts and deselct what you don't want. For example I want the running balances to show for all accounts and I have to go into each individual account to set that preference. Is that possible?
  10.    #1090  
    I notice in the beta version when I have default selected under accounts on the main screen it will take all account balances to zero. This happens sometimes when you go in and out of accounts as well even when you have a default account selected.
    Feature request can you have an option that enables you to change all settings to all accounts on a preference section and then go into individual accounts and deselect what you don't want. For example I want the running balances to show for all accounts and I have to go into each individual account to set that preference. Is that possible?
    Thanks, I'll go fix that now.

I'll look into an overall setting system.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    As always, I have to say I love the app. Is there anyway I can make a request though? I like the trend section, once I have used it for a few months/a year I would really like to see the ups and downs of my lifestyle maybe? By showing a report of my categories, or even just deposits/withdrawls in line graph form? I do have to say I saw this at Clearcheckbook dot com. And its a good idea that could be implemented in to the app. Anyway, I just wanted to help. Keep up the great work and I cant wait for another update.
  12.    #1092  
    Quote Originally Posted by AWoody251 View Post
    As always, I have to say I love the app. Is there anyway I can make a request though? I like the trend section, once I have used it for a few months/a year I would really like to see the ups and downs of my lifestyle maybe? By showing a report of my categories, or even just deposits/withdrawls in line graph form? I do have to say I saw this at Clearcheckbook dot com. And its a good idea that could be implemented in to the app. Anyway, I just wanted to help. Keep up the great work and I cant wait for another update.
    I'll be adding features like that. The current trend system is a beta. I'll be adding a bunch of reporting features.
    To add to the above request, can we also choose which accts to show in the trends? No reason to put a phone card or giftcard into the trends

Anyway, keep up the good work. app is steaming ahead nicely (i only have access to paid app, but i know that is not your fault).

And most of all, thanks for listening to your userbase. I know i say this everytime i post, but it means alot to me. its like paying two bucks for a personalized budget app :P
  14.    #1094  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    To add to the above request, can we also choose which accts to show in the trends? No reason to put a phone card or giftcard into the trends

Anyway, keep up the good work. app is steaming ahead nicely (i only have access to paid app, but i know that is not your fault).

And most of all, thanks for listening to your userbase. I know i say this everytime i post, but it means alot to me. its like paying two bucks for a personalized budget app :P
    That is also planned

Hmm... maybe I should charge more? Maybe once I have decided Checkbook is ready for 1.0 (so sometime after auto backups and recurring transactions)
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Update on that. It seems to be lag in so many transactions that is causing this. I set over 50,000 transactions in one account and was able to create a similar issue (not sure if it is the same one). Unfortunately, I'm not sure of a fix because the bug is actually just lag. The sqlite DB that contains all of the data is having trouble keeping up. I'll keep looking to see what I can do though.
    The primary issue is not lag. There was a night/day change that happened when I wanted to install your first beta that required webOS 1.4. I removed all patches, upgraded to 1.4, upgraded to your beta at the time, and have had the problem ever since. I only have 435 records in this account. As someone mentioned, your updates switched it from "loading.." to just blank. Scrolling up and down no longer fixes it. When it first opens I see some transactions for a moment that are probably older ones just before it scrolls to newest, which shows blank. I have found that if I enter a new transaction and save, then all my transactions are instantly there.

I was thinking maybe some kind of corruption in the database so I purged all records and imported back in, but same problem. I can see all records from Feb 28 and older, but cannot see newer until I enter new transaction to bump it.
  16.    #1096  
    Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    The primary issue is not lag. There was a night/day change that happened when I wanted to install your first beta that required webOS 1.4. I removed all patches, upgraded to 1.4, upgraded to your beta at the time, and have had the problem ever since. I only have 435 records in this account. As someone mentioned, your updates switched it from "loading.." to just blank. Scrolling up and down no longer fixes it. When it first opens I see some transactions for a moment that are probably older ones just before it scrolls to newest, which shows blank. I have found that if I enter a new transaction and save, then all my transactions are instantly there.

I was thinking maybe some kind of corruption in the database so I purged all records and imported back in, but same problem. I can see all records from Feb 28 and older, but cannot see newer until I enter new transaction to bump it.
    Okay then, it is worse than I thought and I still cannot replicate it.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    That is also planned

Hmm... maybe I should charge more? Maybe once I have decided Checkbook is ready for 1.0 (so sometime after auto backups and recurring transactions)
    I think you should go to $4.99 once you have your current stuff done to your satisfaction.
  18.    #1098  
    So the currently known bug list:
    • Import fails while downloading data at times (both Wifi & EVD0
    • Transaction List fails to fully load at times
    • Importing with certain non-US currencies fail
    • Non US formatted dates fail to import properly (JavaScript date object issue)
    • Add/Edit transaction amount doesn't work for non-US formats
    • Account page balances fail to load properly all the time

Any others? I'm going to try and get all those fixed (if I can successfully replicate them) for the next update/release.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Okay then, it is worse than I thought and I still cannot replicate it.
    I tried deleting and re-entering a few transactions on Feb 28 and Mar 1, but no luck.

I have 3 transactions on Feb 28 that all show. None of the Mar 1 transactions (or later) show. Do you have any transactions on Feb 28 and Mar 1 in your test accounts?
  20.    #1100  
    Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    I tried deleting and re-entering a few transactions on Feb 28 and Mar 1, but no luck.

I have 3 transactions on Feb 28 that all show. None of the Mar 1 transactions (or later) show. Do you have any transactions on Feb 28 and Mar 1 in your test accounts?
    I do have a few. I'm going to release a beta update today or tomorrow after I may a few more changes with error message wrappers around everything that is currently having issues. If something breaks and the app can detect it, then it'll alert you guys and send me a message that something broke.