Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1061  
    Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    Transaction Category Manager, if by that you mean open a transaction and click on category to get pick list, works fast and perfect.

I upgraded to webOS 1.4 specifically to get latest Checkbook that required it. I did EPR (removing all patches) and installed your app before I piled my patches back in and immediately had the problem. Now I have every patch in the universe again so I cannot test clean. But it appears unrelated.
    Had to ask to make sure. So it is something specific to transactions. Well I will work on comparing sections of code to previous versions and try to figure out what I changed and if it could cause this issue.
    I've got another suggestion for Budgeting.
    An "other" or "unbudgeted" category for transactions whose types don't have a budget limit set. I don't want set up amounts for uncommon categories, and would like to see these combined. I was thinking of using "Uncategorized" but since it's a specific category, I'd need to record the transactions as that type. Ideally I might even record Budget categories and Transaction categories separately, but that doesn't seem all that common in any software, so maybe it's just me. My other option would be starting all the categories over from scratch, which I guess isn't the end of the world.

On a different note:
    The comment that got you mad earlier got me thinking. Is it possible to have both the beta and paid app installed? Would/could they pull from the same place, or would I need to enter everything twice?

I also want to thank you for being so active in this forum. Actually seeing updates and responses encouraged me to give my input. Even if my input doesn't make it into the product, it's good to know you're listening.
  3.    #1063  
    I like that idea. I'll see what I can do about implementing it. Shouldn't be too bad.

as to the blank slate start, I think I can set up a delete all in the category manager since I already have a restore system. I'll look into it.

it is possible to have both installed at the same time, but they won't sync up... Yet. I'm working on an auto-sync system so the data is always (provided a decent net connection) backed up. It'll also provide the ability to sync the data across multiple devices.

I try to make sure I respond to all comments. I mean you guys & gals are supporting me and driving my continued interest in making checkbook better and i'd feel bad if I didn't keep up with this thread and all the emails sent to me.
    I mentioned the "Loading Item..." issue before and after the update to the latest version of beta I'm still having the problem only now it's just blank placeholders instead of the "Loading Item.." text.

I thought it might be an issue of how much data I have on this one particular account (I have 6 accts and it only happens on the one with the most transactions)

I decided to trim up until Feb 1 which greatly reduced the amt of transactions in this account and it seems to have cured it?

Might help others remedy the issue and point you in a direction for some troubleshooting?
  5.    #1065  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenadas View Post
    I mentioned the "Loading Item..." issue before and after the update to the latest version of beta I'm still having the problem only now it's just blank placeholders instead of the "Loading Item.." text.

I thought it might be an issue of how much data I have on this one particular account (I have 6 accts and it only happens on the one with the most transactions)

I decided to trim up until Feb 1 which greatly reduced the amt of transactions in this account and it seems to have cured it?

Might help others remedy the issue and point you in a direction for some troubleshooting?
    Hadn't thought something like that could be causing it. Do you know how many items were in that account before the trimming? I'm going to see what happens with at least 10,000 items (my current largest account has no issues and it sits around 2,000). At least there is a fix, even if it isn't one I'd like to suggest...
  6.    #1066  
    Update on that. It seems to be lag in so many transactions that is causing this. I set over 50,000 transactions in one account and was able to create a similar issue (not sure if it is the same one). Unfortunately, I'm not sure of a fix because the bug is actually just lag. The sqlite DB that contains all of the data is having trouble keeping up. I'll keep looking to see what I can do though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    I don't usually do this, but some people are too much. A person reviewing my app today was annoyed that the Beta had more features than the paid version and I was screwing them over. It is hard to believe that some people are such morons, especially when it is said in the title and description of the app that it is Beta, it will have bugs and it will expire in the future. Well Ricky, get a clue. You'll be getting those features soon enough.

See the attached image if you feel like reading the full review.
    I would officially like to say that Ryltar has my vote for developer of the year and app of the year. This Ricky chararcter is totaly out of line and his review is the kind of thing that ruins it for us other paid supporters that anxiously await the terrific job Ryltar is doing. I mean really.

Again i say great work and I happen to own 2 paid versions (my Pre, wifes Pixi) and will continue to wait patiently for an awesome job.

Ryltar Thank You
    hey ryltar, I just wanna say I am annoyed your paid app does does not have all the beta features. :P

in actualality I am only annoyed I can't install the beta but I keep updating my accts as if (and I know soon) those features will make it into the paid version.

keep up the good work. And know that plenty of us here support your app (mostly due to a direct link with you the dev).
  9.    #1069  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    hey ryltar, I just wanna say I am annoyed your paid app does does not have all the beta features. :P

in actualality I am only annoyed I can't install the beta but I keep updating my accts as if (and I know soon) those features will make it into the paid version.
    Paid version update is currently being reviewed by Palm. Hopefully it will be available in the next week.

As to the Beta issue, I've been told this:
    Assuming an end user contacted you for help, you can either refer them to Palm customer service at 1.877.426.3777 or gather the following information on their behalf so I can send it over to the customer service group:

* Device ID (MEID)
    * Device serial #
    * Palm profile email address
    * Issue summary
    * Application affected
    * Exact steps to reproduce the problem
    * Logs (from dial pad have end user type ##5647# and select 'Quick Log Create' then retrieve the .tar file and send it to you
    Of course, email this information to me at GlitchTechScience AT gmail DOT com if you are having problems. I'll send it on and hopefully it can be fixed...
    Update on that. It seems to be lag in so many transactions that is causing this. I set over 50,000 transactions in one account and was able to create a similar issue (not sure if it is the same one). Unfortunately, I'm not sure of a fix because the bug is actually just lag. The sqlite DB that contains all of the data is having trouble keeping up. I'll keep looking to see what I can do though.
    There were only about 440 items in the account before I trimmed it.

The fix does appear to be a lag issue....why it is happening with only 400 transactions I don't know but I will say that the oldest transactions was from Oct 2009.....which would have been a few databases ago if I remember correctly.
  11.    #1071  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenadas View Post
    There were only about 440 items in the account before I trimmed it.

The fix does appear to be a lag issue....why it is happening with only 400 transactions I don't know but I will say that the oldest transactions was from Oct 2009.....which would have been a few databases ago if I remember correctly.
    Okay, that's very strange because in my main account I have about 2000 transactions and it only takes a second or three to load up the transaction screen. My database has been persistent since the first version as well, so I'm not sure what is up.

Edit: Did you ever test the recurring transaction system? Did you have transactions that attempted to use it before I removed the option? If so, that could be causing it... Other than that I'm back to square one.

Edit 2: I just realized how simple (relatively) it is to write a OFX file (works with Quicken, MS Money, Banks, and many more). It will still require a net connect to do because you cannot write files to the media partition (from inside of an app) yet. I think this may come along with the auto backup system when I get Checkbook chatting with my website.
    Last edited by ryltar; 03/08/2010 at 12:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Edit 2: I just realized how simple (relatively) it is to write a OFX file (works with Quicken, MS Money, Banks, and many more). It will still require a net connect to do because you cannot write files to the media partition (from inside of an app) yet. I think this may come along with the auto backup system when I get Checkbook chatting with my website.
    I just updated the app and I would just like to say, again, that this app is my favorite and the work that has been put into this is fantastic. For the first time i tried to Import my info instead of going into the USB drive and manually changing the database to match. Honestly, manually copy and pasting is faster but i can now import while podcasting and texting. And because on the ease of the importing process i am super, and I mean super excited about the possibility of auto update and back up. I dont currently use a desktop client for tracking my personal transaction, but the idea is great.

I did have an issue with the import process. The import got hung up 3 times once 78% and 2 times at 38%. After about 10min of letting the app work out its hick up. The phone inexplicably closed all my apps (about 5). I re-opened the updated checkbook app and tried to import. All went well and worked.
  13.    #1073  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    I did have an issue with the import process. The import got hung up 3 times once 78% and 2 times at 38%. After about 10min of letting the app work out its hick up. The phone inexplicably closed all my apps (about 5). I re-opened the updated checkbook app and tried to import. All went well and worked.
    I am aware of this issue. While I haven't been able to replicate it I am looking into potential causes. I will keep trying to figure this out :/
    Hi ryltar,

nice job. Your Budget and trend system are beautiful. Though, there is one thing I am really missing. I would like to see the option "show last 30 days" as date span. If you use this option regularly it gives you a kind of moving average which helps you to forecast your spendings for the current month.

And in the trend system can you add the total sum of the displayed categories in the header?
  15.    #1075  
    Quote Originally Posted by betax View Post
    Hi ryltar,

nice job. Your Budget and trend system are beautiful. Though, there is one thing I am really missing. I would like to see the option "show last 30 days" as date span. If you use this option regularly it gives you a kind of moving average which helps you to forecast your spendings for the current month.

And in the trend system can you add the total sum of the displayed categories in the header?
    Sounds like reasonable suggestions. They are the first version (hence the BETA tag at the top) and I'll be upgrading them.

The Trend System is going to be rolled into a large Reporting System. There will be more options for graphic feed back and I'll integrate your suggestions into it.
    Hey ryltar,
    Let me start off by saying I have been a happy user since it first came out in beta, and the first release in the offical catalog. My 2nd favorite app behind only Flashcards.

I have a few suggestions you may or may not have thought of:
    1. Trends and Budget the option to set up and view by all accounts, or by separte accounts. For me it would be more useful if I can set it up individually for accounts as I have different trends and budgets for each account.
    2. More user cutomizable options for trend like the user selects colors for categories, how many items to show on trend, hide certain categories from trend etc.
    3. I don't see my income in the trends, only 6 categories?
    4. Would love the see the calculator launch button in more areas, or even in the top left menu.
    5. User set automatic trims. So I can start fresh every month.

A couple questions:
    What is imported accounts Imported Accounts for account type? I know we can import and export accounts but unsure why this is a category.

If I trim items does this effect my budget and trends? Any way to avoid this?

Thanks and Good Work
    Speedy
  17.    #1077  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    1. Trends and Budget the option to set up and view by all accounts, or by separate accounts. For me it would be more useful if I can set it up individually for accounts as I have different trends and budgets for each account.
    I am working on that. It'll be filed under the magnifying glass icon (for viewing) when I get it running. I'm working to make it able to be a multi-select type thing and just haven't had time to build it fully yet. I just need some time to work on it. For setting up budgets, this is the barebones start of it. I will have more options in the future.

2. More user customizable options for trend like the user selects colors for categories, how many items to show on trend, hide certain categories from trend etc.
    I will look into adding the colorization & hiding options to the expense category manager.

3. I don't see my income in the trends, only 6 categories?
    I currently have the trend system set to only search for non-transfer expenses. You might only be seeing six categories because those are the only ones you expenses are in. The trend system shows the current month (by default) and the general categories. If you tap a general category (either the list item or the pie slice) it will show more detail.

4. Would love the see the calculator launch button in more areas, or even in the top left menu.
    I'll look into it and see if I can integrate it without making things clunky.

5. User set automatic trims. So I can start fresh every month.
    I'll look into this.

A couple questions:
    What is imported accounts Imported Accounts for account type? I know we can import and export accounts but unsure why this is a category.

If I trim items does this effect my budget and trends? Any way to avoid this?

Thanks and Good Work
    Speedy
    The Imported Accounts category is there for items that don't have one on import. I figured that may be the easiest way to mark it instead of having it auto flow into the another category.

If you use the Trim feature, it will. It removes the transactions and creates a new one to maintain balance. I am working to set up a way to hide transactions but keep the running balance working. Current efforts have not been successful and usually have caused a longer loading time >.<

As to when I will implement new features, I do not know. I am currently working to get the app ready for world wide releases. Most of my time currently is trying to get everything wrapped in the localize string function and writing them all down so I can get translators to help out. I'm also working to fix a few bugs related the different ways of writing dates & spending amounts.
    ryltar I am having problem importing a file into checkbook. The file was previously exported and it now gets hung at 43.7%. I looked at the file and I don't see anything obvious. Please help!
    I am also noticing when i start typing to search that my balance goes to zero in the display screen. In the Beta and the paid version.
  20.    #1080  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    ryltar I am having problem importing a file into checkbook. The file was previously exported and it now gets hung at 43.7%. I looked at the file and I don't see anything obvious. Please help!
    This is a known bug. I am not sure if it is Google or Checkbook or Cell Network causing the issue. I'm looking into it. If you, or anyone who is having this issue, knows how to use the palm-log command to extract the log for Checkbook can do so and post it here (after having the issue, like immediately after you have the bug) it might have some useful information...

It doesn't seem to occur as often on a wifi network, but I have never had the issue myself so I haven't been to debug it.

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am also noticing when i start typing to search that my balance goes to zero in the display screen. In the Beta and the paid version.
    I'll look into the balance issue, this is on the accounts screen I assume?