Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
    hey ryltar your beta won't instal it gets stuck every time on installing.
  2.    #1022  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    hey ryltar your beta won't instal it gets stuck every time on installing.
    One thing you might try doing is to use Preware. When you look for apps, have it show you the different feeds (should be a button at the bottom of one of the screens). Use PreCentral's feed. You should then be able to use Preware to install from Precentral. The Beta App Catalog seems to have this issue too often, though hopefully Palm will fix it in 1.4.
  3.    #1023  
    Changes v0.8.683 [02/23/2010]
    * Bug Fixes
    * Budget Screen now has a sort system
    * Screen load time reduction
    * Overhead reduction
    * Should now scroll to current date in date order sorts
    * Running transactions have been added to Pending/Cleared sorts
    I updated to the latest beta but when I load my main account the last about 20 entries just show "Loading item...."

It just stays like that no matter what I do (Leave acct and come back in to it, exit CB and come back in). Just to see if the data was corrupt I exported to Google Docs and after that it all came back....but then after I left that account and came back in I get the same issue.
  5.    #1025  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenadas View Post
    I updated to the latest beta but when I load my main account the last about 20 entries just show "Loading item...."

It just stays like that no matter what I do (Leave acct and come back in to it, exit CB and come back in). Just to see if the data was corrupt I exported to Google Docs and after that it all came back....but then after I left that account and came back in I get the same issue.
    Unusual. I'll look into it.

Update: I was able to replicate it and I'll look into the full cause.
    Last edited by ryltar; 02/23/2010 at 07:50 PM.
    Hello ryltar,
    Checkbook was one of my first apps and for sure it is the most important app on my Pre. I'm really impressed by the frequency of updates and amout of new functions. There is only one thing still missing, and that's the support of MULTIPLE currencies. I want to be able define one account in EURO, and other in US$. I want to be able insert transaction for EURO account in US$ with editable conversion rate etc...
  7.    #1027  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeKF View Post
    Hello ryltar,
    Checkbook was one of my first apps and for sure it is the most important app on my Pre. I'm really impressed by the frequency of updates and amount of new functions. There is only one thing still missing, and that's the support of MULTIPLE currencies. I want to be able define one account in EURO, and other in US$. I want to be able insert transaction for EURO account in US$ with editable conversion rate etc...
    I can look into doing something like that. I'm not sure how soon that would get in because it will require a large change to the existing storage and display system (i think). Currently the system is set up to display in the currency of your local according to what you have set up in your device.
    The new update will not finish installing from the Palm or Precentral feeds for some reason. Any ideas?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Update: Finally got it to work from Precentral.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

mine is stuck on installing...
    Hello. I'm a paid user, also using the beta on 1.3.5.1. Did a recent "doctor" to my pre.

Salient Issues:

1. Beta won't install from Palm Beta Catalog through Preware. After 'installation' the Beta Icon appears at the bottom of the first card's list, dimmed out with a circle on the icon. Tapping this greyed out icon brings up the My Applications list in the App Catalog client.

2. Both Paid and Beta versions time out when Importing spreadsheets from Google Docs.

I've tried installing from File Coaster, but I keep getting Exception: timeout errors. I'm looking on that app's relevant support pages.

I've also tried removing and reinstalling the Beta, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Warm Regards,
    Firefishe
    sabrownATinboxDOTcom
  12.    #1032  
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefishe View Post
    Hello. I'm a paid user, also using the beta on 1.3.5.1. Did a recent "doctor" to my pre.

Salient Issues:

1. Beta won't install from Palm Beta Catalog through Preware. After 'installation' the Beta Icon appears at the bottom of the first card's list, dimmed out with a circle on the icon. Tapping this greyed out icon brings up the My Applications list in the App Catalog client.

2. Both Paid and Beta versions time out when Importing spreadsheets from Google Docs.

I've tried installing from File Coaster, but I keep getting Exception: timeout errors. I'm looking on that app's relevant support pages.

I've also tried removing and reinstalling the Beta, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Warm Regards,
    Firefishe
    sabrownATinboxDOTcom
    1) You can try downloading from the PreCentral feed for the Beta. Go to Available Applications and tap Feeds at the bottom of the screen. Then tap PreCentral and find Checkbook in there. That file is the same as teh app catalog Beta and should download just fine. If you want to try and get the Beta Catalog functional, send me a PM. There is a long list of questions that I'll need you to answer so I can send it over to Palm and hopefully get it functional.

2) During which step does it time out? It is set to a 20 second timeout currently for most everything except authentication. If a specific part is timing out, I can double check the code and increase the delay (most likely). Sometimes Google is just dumb and causes problems. The system used to not have a built in timeout and that caused situations where you could sit for 10 minutes and it wouldn't let you know the call to the server failed.

I'm working to make the Google Import/Export system mostly irrelevant in situations like yours or when people need to share data across multiple devices. I finally have a setup where I can do automatic OTA backups to a secure server. This system is currently being alpha tested so I don't know when it'll hit beta. It'll be a free upgrade as well though (if I ever have enough time) the accompanying web version of Checkbook may cost something.
    Hey ryltar, if you need a tester count me in! You were working on two apps also (bills and something else) any idea when they will be coming out?
  14.    #1034  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey ryltar, if you need a tester count me in! You were working on two apps also (bills and something else) any idea when they will be coming out?
    Heh, I'm still working on the back-end/webOS communication so it is not ready yet. I'm working to get the current feature set (budget and trends included) out first. I'll let everyone know when that feature is ready for proper testing. As to my other projects...

VMT (Vehicle Maintenance Tracker) is something I am working on with a friend to help teach him how to program for webOS. So that project is a little slow but going well for now.

Bill Tracker is on hold because it relies on the same code as recurring transactions in Checkbook. Once I get those functional here, I'll be able to bang out Bill Tracker (relatively) quickly.
    ok just checking progress, but if you need any help testing count me in.
    hey ryltar, awesome app again and still. was wandering when the paid version would be updated with the new features. i cant wait, they sound cool. both the wife and i own the paid. me on the Pre and her on the Pixi.
  17.    #1037  
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll7722 View Post
    hey ryltar, awesome app again and still. was wandering when the paid version would be updated with the new features. i cant wait, they sound cool. both the wife and i own the paid. me on the Pre and her on the Pixi.
    I'm working to get a release out soon, partially because I don't know if the current paid version looks proper in webOS 1.4. I've almost got the Budget system ready to go and I am working to get the Trend system looking/working better. If I cannot get that looking right in a day or two, I may remove it from the update and push to live. Then I can spend a little more time finishing it off. All in all I am aiming to have the final RC Beta out either Sunday or Monday and the Paid version updated shortly after.
  18.    #1038  
    Complete Change List for v0.8.690 (Beta) [03/01/2010]
    • Transaction Budget System
      • Overall Budget Display
      • Date Range
      • Tap a budget item and view its transactions in the set date range
      • Budget Sytem sort options
    • Transaction Trend System (Beta version: buggy)
      • Date Range
      • Drill Down to view member categories and member transactions
    • ATM Mode delete fix
    • New balance option
    • Back gesture save option
      • enabled by default
    • Option to not show change log notice
    • Autosuggest now updates Linked Account and Category fields
      • feature is based on your transaction history and uses your transaction with the most common category or linked account to fill with
    • Launch calculator button
    • Screen load time reduction
    • Overhead reduction
    • Should now scroll to current date in date order sorts
    • Able to set default account in the add/edit account scene
    • Running transactions have been added to Pending/Cleared sorts
    • Account Sorting (predefined only for now)
    • UI Updates
    • Minor bug fixes

Update is being uploaded now, it should be available soon. This is nearly to RC. I just need to get the Trend system debugged fully, a few UI oddities, and anything else that shows up before then. Otherwise this version is almost ready to go Live.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Just sent my donation. Thanks for the continuing your work! Finally got out of the red your app has shown me xD!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I updated to webOS 1.4 and installed v0.8.690 (Beta).

I am getting the "Loading item..." for each item that was described earlier for a long time. Actually it looks like it is forever (gave up after 7 minutes) unless I scroll up and then it will quickly finish updating (within 10-20 seconds). When I scroll up I can actually see the entries rapidly appearing. My default view is my main checkbook with hundreds of entries. At first I thought this was just one time bookkeeping. I was sad to see it happens each time I open the app. It looks like a similar issue happens when I backswipe to get from budget back to register. It gives a status box of loading transactions forever. If I backswipe again, app minimizes, then when I maximize it again it shows the register.

I love the budget feature, very cleanly done and very useful. I would suggest a couple buttons to go forward / backward by current period length. So while looking at this month, I hit one button and I am looking at last month start to end. If I was looking at Jan to Mar, hitting backward would show me Oct to Dec.