Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1001  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    This is Big, HUGE, for me. I rely on this feature and I will wait till you solve the problem before I update. The app is still my favorite and the best option out, IMO. I would like to say that there was a new app that was released that incorporates budgets (Dough, i think). I saw that you had removed the Budget add on from the Beta. Is there any specific time frame you think you will have this incorporated? That is what I'm looking for next.
    I'm working on it. Hopefully I'll be able release the beta of Budgets and Trends functions soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    Hi!
    ryltar, do you plan to add ability to edit 'Available' sum?
    For example I have $100 in my wallet and I begin to use checkbook. I need to synchronize sum in program and real sum in my wallet. Now it is impossible. I need to create transaction with +100$. It is not convenient.
    Could you explain it a little more? I've never used Splash Money so I don't know what you mean.
    Here are just a couple suggestions on the (potential) recurring charges upgrade to the checkbook app.

A button that takes you to a separate screen titled (Bills and Deposits)

Then at the bottom of that screen you would have a button titled (NEW) when clicked it would bring up the following options:

Bill
    Deposit
    Transfer

When you click on (Bill) it would bring you to a screen with the following options:

Pay to

Pay from

Payment method
    --Write Check
    --Direct Debit
    --Cash
    --Other

Amount
    --This is a fixed amount
    --Estimate because the amount varies

Category

Memo

Next payment date

Frequency
    --Only once
    --Daily
    --Weekly
    --Every other week
    --Twice a month (this one is good for people that get paid on the same 2 DATES every month)
    --Monthly
    --Every other month
    --Every three months
    --Every four months
    --Twice a year
    --Yearly

The (Deposit) button would take you to the deposit screen and would have the following options:

Receive from

Deposit to (as in what account)

Payment method
    --Direct Deposit
    --Manual Deposit

Amount
    --This is a fixed amount

Category

Memo

Next payment date

Frequency
    --Only once
    --Daily
    --Weekly
    --Every other week
    --Twice a month (this one is good for people that get paid on the same 2 DATES every month)
    --Monthly
    --Every other month
    --Every three months
    --Every four months
    --Twice a year
    --Yearly

The (Transfer) button would take you to the Transfer screen and would have the following options:

Transfer from
    Transfer to

Payment method
    --Direct debit
    --Check
    --Other

Amount
    --This is a fixed amount

Next payment date

Frequency
    --Only once
    --Daily
    --Weekly
    --Every other week
    --Monthly
    --Every other month
    --Every three months
    --Every four months
    --Twice a year
    --Yearly

Memo

Then there could be an (Edit) option when you click on either a deposit or bill that is already set up that would give you 2 options:

Edit series

Edit single occurrence

My thoughts are that the list of Bills and Deposits would be on the same page and it would show them up until the next occurrence for each, that way you could see what was coming IN and WHEN and what was going OUT and WHEN. Then you could have an option (setting) of whether you wanted your running balance to reflect that of your pending bills and deposits or just what has cleared

One more idea would be the ability to delete a recurring transaction with an option to delete a (single occurrence) or (all unrecorded transactions)

Again those are only some suggestions do what you want with them. I got many idea from a Money Program I use on my computer how SWEET would it be to have it in the palm of my hand as well!

Thanks Ryltar the app is one of the best!
  3.    #1003  
    Thanks micahsanders, I'll read through all that and see what I can do

Version Update

Changes v0.8.680 [02/12/2010]
    • Transaction Budget System (Initial version, may be buggy)
    • Transaction Trend System (Initial version, may be buggy)
    • UI Update

Update is being uploaded now, it should be available soon.

Edit: It seems the Trend system isn't working correctly. I'll fix it soon. Additionally, the categories when add/editing a budget are a little wonky. I'll get on those as well. I apparently need some sleep since I missed two obvious issues...
    Last edited by ryltar; 02/12/2010 at 08:31 PM.
    any news on when the paid version will be getting an update?
  5.    #1005  
    once the current beta is fully debugged. So week or two maybe? Not fully sure because I have a convention to help run next weekend and two exams this week.
    you are giving me some comp on response time

no rush, just wanted to know when more goodies were coming. Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.
    Any idea when repeating is going to be added?
  8.    #1008  
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    Any idea when repeating is going to be added?
    I'm working on those and trying to get them done as soon as I can. I'm currently trying to figure out the most efficient method (code wise) to implement them. Repeating could be a real process hog if I don't do them correctly and I don't want my application to be one of those responsible for making webOS feel clunky.
    Hi ryltar,

I like the new update und I am looking forward to see the transaction budget and trend system fully set up. Since these features are still in a early stage my following requests may be already on your todo list:

There should be an easy and quick to reach option where I can choose the time period to which the budget and trend analysis is applied to, e.g. last xx days, last xx weeks, last xx months, this week, this month, this year, start date - end date

And after tapping on a category in the trends view a list should appear which shows the associated transactions.

I hope you can implement this in a future version.

Good luck for your exams.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    I'm working on those and trying to get them done as soon as I can. I'm currently trying to figure out the most efficient method (code wise) to implement them. Repeating could be a real process hog if I don't do them correctly and I don't want my application to be one of those responsible for making webOS feel clunky.
    Take your time... I second the not making it clunky Thanks for all the hard work! -Grand
    Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    Hi!
    ryltar, do you plan to add ability to edit 'Available' sum?
    For example I have $100 in my wallet and I begin to use checkbook. I need to synchronize sum in program and real sum in my wallet. Now it is impossible. I need to create transaction with +100$. It is not convenient.
    Could you explain it a little more? I've never used Splash Money so I don't know what you mean.
    I like when program displays my real sum in wallet. When I began to use checkbook I've already had some money in wallet and for synchronize program and real money I made incoming transaction +[sum in my wallet]. Just for synchronization.
    And sometimes I forget to add in program some expenses and it cause different sums in program and my wallet. I need tool for correct it.
    My English is not pretty good, but I hope I explain clear.
  12.    #1012  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    I like when program displays my real sum in wallet. When I began to use checkbook I've already had some money in wallet and for synchronize program and real money I made incoming transaction +[sum in my wallet]. Just for synchronization.
    And sometimes I forget to add in program some expenses and it cause different sums in program and my wallet. I need tool for correct it.
    My English is not pretty good, but I hope I explain clear.
    That's fine, I think I get what you are asking for. I'll see what I can do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by betax View Post
    Hi ryltar,

I like the new update und I am looking forward to see the transaction budget and trend system fully set up. Since these features are still in a early stage my following requests may be already on your todo list:

There should be an easy and quick to reach option where I can choose the time period to which the budget and trend analysis is applied to, e.g. last xx days, last xx weeks, last xx months, this week, this month, this year, start date - end date

And after tapping on a category in the trends view a list should appear which shows the associated transactions.

I hope you can implement this in a future version.

Good luck for your exams.
    I was also really excited to see the Budgeting feature. Along the lines of the previous poster, what would really be helpful is to have the budget amounts reset. This could either be a manual button, or a scheduled event (weekly, bi-weekly, etc). This way I can easily tell how much I have left to spend on lunches, entertainment, etc. This was my main focus in a financial app, and had been adapting the accounts to try and fit this. I really like Checkbook so far and just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. thanks!
    I believe I'm currently using the beta version of this app. I got it from file coaster....I've got no problem in paying for the version in the app catalog if it gives me some new features I would use. I checked the initial post and didn't see anything like a summary of differences. Anyone wanna help me out....you would also be helping the app creator if you pushed me over the edge to buying the app!
  15.    #1015  
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyjesuspatrick View Post
    I was also really excited to see the Budgeting feature. Along the lines of the previous poster, what would really be helpful is to have the budget amounts reset. This could either be a manual button, or a scheduled event (weekly, bi-weekly, etc). This way I can easily tell how much I have left to spend on lunches, entertainment, etc. This was my main focus in a financial app, and had been adapting the accounts to try and fit this. I really like Checkbook so far and just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. thanks!
    It currently spans from the 1st of the month to the last of the month (be that 28,30,31). I am going to set up some more functions on it so you can adjust the specific span of the budget and all that rot. I am also working to get the trend system to look and feel better. If I can get the coding figured out, I'll make it so you can tap the row or the pie slice to view the sub-categories in the main one. Then tapping a sub-category would show you all the transactions in that timeframe in that area. Just have to figure out how and have the time away from school to work on it... anyone good at writing paper? Kidding

Quote Originally Posted by dankdankness View Post
    I believe I'm currently using the beta version of this app. I got it from file coaster....I've got no problem in paying for the version in the app catalog if it gives me some new features I would use. I checked the initial post and didn't see anything like a summary of differences. Anyone wanna help me out....you would also be helping the app creator if you pushed me over the edge to buying the app!
    To be perfectly honest, if you are using the latest version of the Beta you will have more features than the live for now. I am aiming to finish off (hopefully) the budget and trend system before I release the next version of the live software. Live software won't contain bugs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post

To be perfectly honest, if you are using the latest version of the Beta you will have more features than the live for now. I am aiming to finish off (hopefully) the budget and trend system before I release the next version of the live software. Live software won't contain bugs though.

I'll buy the app just to support it because I use it so much and it's certainly saved me at least 2 bucks so far. I really look forward to the trend system because it will be the deciding factor in many arguments between my wife and I about how much we spend on what types of things. Thanks for the quick response.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    This may sound stupid, and I am sorry if you adressed this. I just have to ask though.

I just got around to updating checkbook (favorite app btw). But I noticed categories, well what good are they? You cant sort through categories right? Are they only good for when you export to google? I have always wanted these since beta, but now dont understand what I can really do with them.
    OMG I searched for this thread to POST a request regarding recurring bills!
    First I love this app and micahsanders hit it on the head!

The only thing I would add would be the option to NOT add a bill each month until a certain date of each month. That is..... Since I pay my bills twice a month I do not want the recurring bills to "repopulate" until the FIRST of each month... some only on the 15th or so!

I will pay up to $15 for this app... possibly even more if its the only one or integrates with real banks.
    But over all an honestly great app

Quote Originally Posted by micahsanders View Post
    Here are just a couple suggestions on the (potential) recurring charges upgrade to the checkbook app.

A button that takes you to a separate screen titled (Bills and Deposits)

Then at the bottom of that screen you would have a button titled (NEW) when clicked it would bring up the following options:

Bill
    Deposit
    Transfer

When you click on (Bill) it would bring you to a screen with the following options:

Pay to

Pay from

Payment method
    --Write Check
    --Direct Debit
    --Cash
    --Other

Amount
    --This is a fixed amount

Category

Memo

Next payment date

Frequency
    --Only once
    --Daily
    --Weekly
    --Every other week
    --Monthly
    --Every other month
    --Every three months
    --Every four months
    --Twice a year
    --Yearly

The (Deposit) button would take you to the deposit screen and would have the following options:

Receive from

Deposit to (as in what account)

Payment method
    --Direct Deposit
    --Manual Deposit

Amount
    --This is a fixed amount

Category

Memo

Next payment date

Frequency
    --Only once
    --Daily
    --Weekly
    --Every other week
    --Monthly
    --Every other month
    --Every three months
    --Every four months
    --Twice a year
    --Yearly

The (Transfer) button would take you to the Transfer screen and would have the following options:

Transfer from
    Transfer to

Payment method
    --Direct debit
    --Check
    --Other

Amount
    --This is a fixed amount

Next payment date

Frequency
    --Only once
    --Daily
    --Weekly
    --Every other week
    --Monthly
    --Every other month
    --Every three months
    --Every four months
    --Twice a year
    --Yearly

Memo

Then there could be an (Edit) option when you click on either a deposit or bill that is already set up that would give you 2 options:

Edit series

Edit single occurrence

My thoughts are that the list of Bills and Deposits would be on the same page and it would show them up until the next occurrence for each, that way you could see what was coming IN and WHEN and what was going OUT and WHEN. Then you could have an option (setting) of whether you wanted your running balance to reflect that of your pending bills and deposits or just what has cleared

One more idea would be the ability to delete a recurring transaction with an option to delete a (single occurrence) or (all unrecorded transactions)

Again those are only some suggestions do what you want with them. I got many idea from a Money Program I use on my computer how SWEET would it be to have it in the palm of my hand as well!

Thanks Ryltar the app is one of the best!
  19.    #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by AWoody251 View Post
    This may sound stupid, and I am sorry if you adressed this. I just have to ask though.

I just got around to updating checkbook (favorite app btw). But I noticed categories, well what good are they? You cant sort through categories right? Are they only good for when you export to google? I have always wanted these since beta, but now dont understand what I can really do with them.
    Hehe, well that is why I am working on the features I am now. They include searching, budgeting, and transaction trends. Budgeting and Trends are are currently in the beta stage and available via the spyglass in the bottom right on the Accounts and Transactions screens. You can also access it on those same screens via the app menu. I'm working to make them more purposeful and functional, but I had two papers due this week, a convention this weekend, and two exams next week so have a little patience please

Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    OMG I searched for this thread to POST a request regarding recurring bills!
    First I love this app and micahsanders hit it on the head!

The only thing I would add would be the option to NOT add a bill each month until a certain date of each month. That is..... Since I pay my bills twice a month I do not want the recurring bills to "repopulate" until the FIRST of each month... some only on the 15th or so!

I will pay up to $15 for this app... possibly even more if its the only one or integrates with real banks.
    But over all an honestly great app
    I will be getting recurring system in as soon as I can get it in there cleanly and efficiently. Hopefully sometime this month or early next for the reasons I stated in above.

I probably won't be having bank syncing because the more I look into it, the less likely it seems I'll be able to do it as a one person company no matter how much I want to have that feature. I'll keep researching it though.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'm working to make them more purposeful and functional, but I had two papers due this week, a convention this weekend, and two exams next week so have a little patience please
    Oh no Mr. Ryltar. I dont need them now, I was just was making sure I wasnt missing something. I was assuming I was because I am sorta slow. I appreciate the work you have done, and you could stop now on this app and it would still be one of the best.