Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
  1. crm17's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #981  
    Another quick thought - Any "real" category in a previous entry should always win over Other for a new entry.
  2.    #982  
    Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    My previous entries, since you added categories, all seem to be "Other". So when I put in a correct category now in one entry and then try to add the same description in the next entry, it still says Other. I did test with brand new description, and that works fine.

    One way to fix is to look at the last one before the date of the entry being composed. Or just the last one period. I would also be in favor of any change in link between description and category updating *all* entries to the new category. That would be wonderful since it would update all my old entries. But I am sure some might not like that if they have descriptions that for some reason go to different categories (Though, personally, I find it hard to imagine needing that).

    Maybe I should edit the spreadsheet, remove all the Other, delete the accounts, and re-import them. Until I come up with something the whole category system is not useful to me. It is probably because I was waiting for this to mature so when you started recording categories, I just left them as Other. So now when I want to start using them, I have left too many Other entries in the database.
    I'll fix it so it doesn't automatically fill in for other, may just use the category of the last item entered. In addition, I am working on setting up a system where you can predefine (or update) the auto-suggest list.
  3. crm17's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #983  
    My day for posting - Just had a recurrence of a bug that I reported a while ago but we could not pin down. Moved an uncleared entry forward three days, saved it, clicked box to clear it, total above set to show cleared fails to update. Checking and unchecking entries before moved one update fine.

    Whoa, I just figured it out and it is so stupid. Cleared stops at current time. When I move an entry forward to today there is a decent chance the *time* is later than now. And cleared total stops summing at current time.

    So not really a bug, it is working as advertised, but this special case might need to be addressed.
  4.    #984  
    Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    My day for posting - Just had a recurrence of a bug that I reported a while ago but we could not pin down. Moved an uncleared entry forward three days, saved it, clicked box to clear it, total above set to show cleared fails to update. Checking and unchecking entries before moved one update fine.

    Whoa, I just figured it out and it is so stupid. Cleared stops at current time. When I move an entry forward to today there is a decent chance the *time* is later than now. And cleared total stops summing at current time.

    So not really a bug, it is working as advertised, but this special case might need to be addressed.
    Thanks crm. I've made a change which fixes this. Now if you have the accounts to show the transaction time, it'll do the cleared (and available) division to the minute. Otherwise it'll do the cleared division by day. So with transaction time display disabled, items cleared today always add in to the total. With it enabled, items cleared later today don't contribute. Now there will be a clear display of this.
  5. Tinlau's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #985  
    Looks great, THANK YOU!
  6. #986  
    ryltar, not to hijack this thread but I installed your bill tracker and vmt app and all I get is the screen saying this text verifies your application is running. I don't see anywhere else to post about this.
  7.    #987  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    ryltar, not to hijack this thread but I installed your bill tracker and vmt app and all I get is the screen saying this text verifies your application is running. I don't see anywhere else to post about this.
    Sorry about that. Bill Tracker and VMT are not available for public beta yet. I had to put them online to test a few things on my phone because the USB ports on my computer decided to slag themselves. So those two apps only work if you have a certain device id (mine).

    I'll put up an official thread and make an announcement on my twitter (@GlitchTech) when they are ready for public beta.
  8. #988  
    ryltar I am using this more often and I was wondering is there a way to implement a search feature? For example when you are in an account and you are trying to remember if you paid something you can just start typing like we do in the email and it will filter the transactions by what you are typing. If possible could you implement the feature for text and numbers?
    Can a drag and drop feature be implemented say if you want to rearrange transactions by a certain order on days if possible just drag it to the new postion.

    When will 8.670 go live? I have purchased the app a long time ago I just like the features in beta better.

    Thanks! Can't wait to try out your other apps.
    Last edited by mamouton; 02/06/2010 at 09:13 AM.
  9.    #989  
    searching is a soon feature. I'm working on it now. The latest beta is going to get another update first before it goes live. That shoould be coming soon.
  10. #990  
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll7722 View Post
    Hi I was wondering,

    why in the main account screen are some my account balances that read 0.00 green and others read zero balance read -0.00 and are in red . Any suggestions? I'd love to make them all green and read 0.00.

    BTW your app is awesome and both the wife and I have the paid version. Keep up the awesome programing.
    hi again was wondering what you found out about the quoted issue above and again great app cant wait for the paid to get updated.
  11. #991  
    Troll7722 have you checked to see if you have pending balances as the view option? I noticed today when I checked pending it would show the red or green 0.00
  12.    #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll7722 View Post
    hi again was wondering what you found out about the quoted issue above and again great app cant wait for the paid to get updated.
    I believe I fixed it in the beta I am working on now. I'll double check and make sure it is taken care of. The next update for paid should be in the next week or two if I can finish off this beta this weekend.
  13.    #993  
    Changes v0.8.676 (Beta RC) [01/31/2010]
    • Able to set default account in the add/edit account scene
    • Minor bug fixes


    As always it will be a short period of time before the download is available from the servers.

    Update: One bug has been found. The show/hide cleared system isn't working right. I'll see what I messed up.
    Last edited by ryltar; 02/10/2010 at 08:32 AM.
  14. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #994  
    ryltar, first a great app, easily the most used on my Pre.

    I'm sure its complicated to implement but a really cool feature would be to have the ability to split categories so if I spend $25 at the gas station but spend $10 on beer and $15 on gas I can split the expense category between Auto-Fuel and Alcohol.

    Again thanks for all your great work on this app.
  15. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #995  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Changes v0.8.676 (Beta RC) [01/31/2010]
    • Able to set default account in the add/edit account scene
    • Minor bug fixes


    As always it will be a short period of time before the download is available from the servers.

    Update: One bug has been found. The show/hide cleared system isn't working right. I'll see what I messed up.
    ryltar, this is not a big problem for me because I don't really need the update but you might want to know... I had the same deal again where Preware sent me to the real app catalog for the update. Said DL and installing and installed but then still installing and then after all that still prior version. Just FYI. Still best app there is with or without updates!
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  16.    #996  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    ryltar, first a great app, easily the most used on my Pre.

    I'm sure its complicated to implement but a really cool feature would be to have the ability to split categories so if I spend $25 at the gas station but spend $10 on beer and $15 on gas I can split the expense category between Auto-Fuel and Alcohol.

    Again thanks for all your great work on this app.
    I'm looking into a splitting function right now, not sure about multiple categories though. It is a possibility, it'll just depend on if I can get the functionality working.

    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    ryltar, this is not a big problem for me because I don't really need the update but you might want to know... I had the same deal again where Preware sent me to the real app catalog for the update. Said DL and installing and installed but then still installing and then after all that still prior version. Just FYI. Still best app there is with or without updates!
    Hmm... seems the Preware uses the Beta Catalog before it uses Precentral's feed. Have you tried going specifically into the PreCentral feed to update it instead of just using the update system? That may pull the data from PreCentral instead of Palm. I'll look more into this when I put out the next update.
  17. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #997  
    Hmm... seems the Preware uses the Beta Catalog before it uses Precentral's feed. Have you tried going specifically into the PreCentral feed to update it instead of just using the update system? That may pull the data from PreCentral instead of Palm. I'll look more into this when I put out the next update.[/QUOTE]

    As usual, you were right! That fixed it. Need to uncheck the "Palm Beta" feed...Thanks,Dave.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  18. Ajamin24's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #998  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Changes v0.8.676 (Beta RC) [01/31/2010]
    Update: One bug has been found. The show/hide cleared system isn't working right. I'll see what I messed up.
    This is Big, HUGE, for me. I rely on this feature and I will wait till you solve the problem before I update. The app is still my favorite and the best option out, IMO. I would like to say that there was a new app that was released that incorporates budgets (Dough, i think). I saw that you had removed the Budget add on from the Beta. Is there any specific time frame you think you will have this incorporated? That is what I'm looking for next.
  19. #999  
    Hi!
    ryltar, do you plan to add ability to edit 'Available' sum?
    For example I have $100 in my wallet and I begin to use checkbook. I need to synchronize sum in program and real sum in my wallet. Now it is impossible. I need to create transaction with +100$. It is not convenient.
  20. #1000  
    My ideal for this kind of software is 'Splash money', but splash software has not released palm pre version yet.

    P.S. Thousand posts!
    Last edited by Shura; 02/12/2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: grammar

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions