Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    ryltar I am loving the swipe to save. That alone is enough for me right now what a time saver. Was the cleared option always there? Also what does the pending option do? I selected that and my balance went to 0.00
  2.    #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    what does the pending option do? I selected that and my balance went to 0.00
    It should display your pending balance. ie stuff that is not cleared yet. Well it should if I didn't make a typo
    When I selected cleared it shows the difference in my balance but the pending takes my balance to 0.00
    Tried pending in another account that had transactions that hadn't cleared the bank yet and it took that one to 0.00 as well.
  5.    #965  
    Okay. Well I'll fix that then. Guess I have a typo. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Changes v0.8.670 (Beta RC) [01/31/2010]
    • UI Updates
    • ATM Mode delete fix
    • New balance option
    • Back gesture save option ( enabled by default )
    • Option to not show change log notice
    • Autosuggest now updates Linked Account and Category fields (feature is based on your transaction history and uses your transaction with the most common category or linked account to fill with)

Update has been uploaded to servers. It will be available for download and install shortly.
    Thank you for the quick response and update! I should have mentioned the back gesture a long time ago.

Your description of Autosuggest says it selects based on "most common". Does that mean that for something that I just recently started categorizing that it will think "Other" from all the previous entries is what it should use?
  7.    #967  
    Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    Your description of Autosuggest says it selects based on "most common". Does that mean that for something that I just recently started categorizing that it will think "Other" from all the previous entries is what it should use?
    It should pull it only from actual categories, so not blank or none which used to be the defaults. If it doesn't, then I'll fix that.

Do you guys have a better idea for how to determine the category/linked account it should pull? The only other idea I had for it was to pull the most recent ones.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I tried to install beta v0.8.670 and was unable to. I have been having trouble with updates ever since I moved from Homebrew to Paid to Beta. I think to get to beta, I had to use web os quick install, but I don't remember for sure. For a while now I try to update and it downloads, flashes the status installed, but the Catalog app says "Installing.." forever. When I finally give up, my version has not changed. Because I was determined to get to 670, I backed up and deleted the app. Opened Preware to get the beta feed, it properly opened the beta version in the catalog, and I tried to install. Same thing, except that now it is not installed at all.

Is there some directory in the old path or the new path that I need to clean out? I am thinking something old is causing the install to fail.

Is there a place I can directly download the beta file to use WOSQI? (I think there used to be a link but could not find it now)
  9.    #969  
    I tried to install beta v0.8.670 and was unable to. I have been having trouble with updates ever since I moved from Homebrew to Paid to Beta. I think to get to beta, I had to use web os quick install, but I don't remember for sure. For a while now I try to update and it downloads, flashes the status installed, but the Catalog app says "Installing.." forever. When I finally give up, my version has not changed. Because I was determined to get to 670, I backed up and deleted the app. Opened Preware to get the beta feed, it properly opened the beta version in the catalog, and I tried to install. Same thing, except that now it is not installed at all.

Is there some directory in the old path or the new path that I need to clean out? I am thinking something old is causing the install to fail.

Is there a place I can directly download the beta file to use WOSQI? (I think there used to be a link but could not find it now)
    I don't know what the problem is that is causing these issues. I haven't experienced them ever and I'm sorry I cannot really help at all with this.

You can download the ipd current version from the Checkbook Homebrew Page. Look near the bottom of the description where it says "Download Options".
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Update - I was able to install the paid version 0.8.661 but I really want the beta.
    To those having a problem, try deleting you cookies, cache and history in the browser. See if that helps and report back if it works or does not.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I don't know what the problem is that is causing these issues. I haven't experienced them ever and I'm sorry I cannot really help at all with this.

You can download the ipd current version from the Checkbook Homebrew Page. Look near the bottom of the description where it says "Download Options".
    Thanks for the link, I looked but somehow missed it.
    Downloaded and did a wosqi back to v0.8.661
    Still cannot install 670

When that download link is updated, then I can wosqi to it.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    To those having a problem, try deleting you cookies, cache and history in the browser. See if that helps and report back if it works or does not.
    This is an update initiated on device using Preware, which then opens the beta version page in app catalog. No browser involved.
    This is an update initiated on device using Preware, which then opens the beta version page in app catalog. No browser involved.
    Understood, but since preware takes you to another "webpage" (for the beta), its at leat worth a try. Especailly since it worked for me with another app.

Trust me, i understand there is not enough logic in the solution when first looked at, but it still can't hurt
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts

Sort of a 'me too' here. I get hung up at 'installing' after it flashed the word 'installed' both before and after I tried installing over 661 and then after when I had deleted it. I also tried with WOSQI and that didn't help. Preware takes me to AppCat which does all this... Will keep trying and then go back to 661...Hope that works :-)

Adding this later. Everything is fine with 670 now. I went back and tried WOSQI again after deleting everything else. It's fine. Didn't even have to re-import data.
    Last edited by hdhuntr; 02/02/2010 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling and update
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Sort of a 'me too' here. I get hung up at 'installing' after it flashed the word 'installed' both before and after I tried installing over 661 and then after when I had deleted it. I also tried with WOSQI and that didn't help. Preware takes me to AppCat which does all this... Will keep trying and then go back to 661...Hope that works :-)

Adding this later. Everything is fine with 670 now. I went back and tried WOSQI again after deleting everything else. It's fine. Didn't even have to re-import data.
    I was finally able to WOSQI 670 also. I did have to re-import. In fact, although I could find the new copy of the app by searching, the icon did not show up. I used Luna Manager to rescan and then did a Luna restart and the new beta icon showed up.

As to the general beta install issue, I am starting to think this is not a Checkbook issue. It appears there is a general problem with beta installs that several applications are having. Looks like a palm server issue.
  17.    #977  
    I was finally able to WOSQI 670 also. I did have to re-import. In fact, although I could find the new copy of the app by searching, the icon did not show up. I used Luna Manager to rescan and then did a Luna restart and the new beta icon showed up.

As to the general beta install issue, this is not a Checkbook issue. It appears there is a general problem with beta installs that several applications are having. Looks like a palm server issue.
    Well that's troublesome.

I do have some good news though. I now have access to a sql server on my website. This means your Checkbook data will be automatically backed up to a server in case you device ever dies. This also means (given enough time) that Checkbook will have either a web interface or a desktop accomplice. These changes will not occur over night, but I will be working hard on them. It is something I am very excited about and that I want to get working.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I'm getting a "timeout" error when trying to export my Checking account.

Savings works but, if I do both accounts...or even just checking, I get "Retreiving Data", "Preparing", "Uploading spreadsheet (Sheet 1 of 2...)...then it goes to "Error - The request timed out. Please check your network connection and try again."

And just to be fun...when I go to Google Docs...there's a "[Checkbook] Checking [Imported Account] [2/2/10]" file (today's date). It APPEARS to be complete (the last entry in the spreadsheet is my last transaction).

So, since this is the Internet, I will end with this...

W T F?
  19.    #979  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I'm getting a "timeout" error when trying to export my Checking account.

Savings works but, if I do both accounts...or even just checking, I get "Retreiving Data", "Preparing", "Uploading spreadsheet (Sheet 1 of 2...)...then it goes to "Error - The request timed out. Please check your network connection and try again."

And just to be fun...when I go to Google Docs...there's a "[Checkbook] Checking [Imported Account] [2/2/10]" file (today's date). It APPEARS to be complete (the last entry in the spreadsheet is my last transaction).

So, since this is the Internet, I will end with this...

W T F?
    The time out means that the server took longer than 20s to respond. Either your network connection wasn't that great or Google was being dumb... Since your spreadsheet seems to have worked fine, I am assuming the later.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    It should pull it only from actual categories, so not blank or none which used to be the defaults. If it doesn't, then I'll fix that.

Do you guys have a better idea for how to determine the category/linked account it should pull? The only other idea I had for it was to pull the most recent ones.
    My previous entries, since you added categories, all seem to be "Other". So when I put in a correct category now in one entry and then try to add the same description in the next entry, it still says Other. I did test with brand new description, and that works fine.

One way to fix is to look at the last one before the date of the entry being composed. Or just the last one period. I would also be in favor of any change in link between description and category updating *all* entries to the new category. That would be wonderful since it would update all my old entries. But I am sure some might not like that if they have descriptions that for some reason go to different categories (Though, personally, I find it hard to imagine needing that).

Maybe I should edit the spreadsheet, remove all the Other, delete the accounts, and re-import them. Until I come up with something the whole category system is not useful to me. It is probably because I was waiting for this to mature so when you started recording categories, I just left them as Other. So now when I want to start using them, I have left too many Other entries in the database.