Changes v0.8.650 [01/14/2010]
    • Date/Time selection now has + and - date buttons
    • Several items now allow for enter to submit
      • PIN Code scene
      • Add/Edit Account Category
      • Add/Edit Transaction Category
    • Transaction Categories Fixed
    • Transaction Categories can now be restored

Checkbook is being updated both on PreCentral and on the Palm Beta System. You can update from either system once it rolls through. This usually occurs anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours.

I am beginning to work on localization. I am currently making sure all static strings are wrapped in the $L() function and making a list of them. So you may start to see some strings translated, although badly because I am currently using Google Translate.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ryltar, you are due for a late Christmas present either way...so my question is...if I am quite happy with Beta ($40 worth)...would you suggest I go ahead and switch to official OR just make a donation in the amount of whatever 'official' costs and stick with Beta?

And if I do switch (I know I can look this up so say that if you want) can I just export then import or should I do all the DB switching stuff in the post from last week.

Thanks again for the best app on WebOS. D.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Congratulations on being a featured app in the catalog!!!
  4.    #904  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    would you suggest I go ahead and switch to official OR just [...] stick with Beta?

And if I do switch (I know I can look this up so say that if you want) can I just export then import or should I do all the DB switching stuff in the post from last week.

Thanks again for the best app on WebOS. D.
    Currently switching from Beta to Live will require an Import/Export use. The DBs have different structures currently.

As to which one I suggest? The Beta does have more features but the Live version will catch up shortly. I am going to finish debugging the current feature set and update. Then I will get back to work on Recurring transactions, since they are the main item holding things up.

Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    Congratulations on being a featured app in the catalog!!!
    Whoa! Wicked! Thanks for the heads up or I would have missed it. Now I wish I had gotten an update out before now with some fun features.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Currently switching from Beta to Live will require an Import/Export use. The DBs have different structures currently.

As to which one I suggest? The Beta does have more features but the Live version will catch up shortly. I am going to finish debugging the current feature set and update. Then I will get back to work on Recurring transactions, since they are the main item holding things up.

Whoa! Wicked! Thanks for the heads up or I would have missed it. Now I wish I had gotten an update out before now with some fun features.
    Sounds good...I'll just wait a bit I guess. I love everything just as it is. Now you need to work on a PC app like the now-dead MSMoney :-) It always did way more than I cared about but it was what I was accustomed to. When I eventually switch it'd be great to move to "CheckbookPC" !
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Ryltar the latest beta is awesome. I can't wait until it is in the app catalog, my catalog version feels so antiquated with the beta installed. I do have one question, what is the finacial trends and how does it work?

Is there a particular reason you can't swipe to be finished with a transaction?
    I agree, I left beta version and went paid. Lil' jealous the Beta version was rocking and the paid version appears stalled. I think to much time went by and I would hate for folks to think this dev is not going to tweak app.

I know when I buy apps from catalog I look for how well the app is updated. There is so much "noise" in the catalog of apps left to die as they were when released. Months go by and nada, no updates.

I know checkbook is different but I would send Palm more updates even if small to show NON-Homebrew peeps this app is rockin! Support thia de eloper!

ok, gonna wait a week and might install the Beta and kick paid app to curb.
  8.    #908  
    i'm trying to finish off the current beta feature set to send to live. I might end up cutting a few things and tossing it online soon. They'd go back in when the system is more polished.
  9.    #909  
    Checkbook is being updated both on PreCentral and on the Palm Beta System. You can update from either system once it rolls through. This usually occurs anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours. Using the update feature built into Palm usually brings you the updates the quickest.

This is the release to live candidate. Please try and break it This will be submitted to palm later this week if there are no bugs. I removed the button for searching and I removed the transaction trends scene. These will return in the next beta release, but they weren't done and I wanted to get an update out to the live crowd that would fix a few issues and bring some upgrades.

As always, you can view the latest changelog here.
    Last edited by ryltar; 01/17/2010 at 09:49 AM.
    Hi. I use this application and this is the best budget application for WebOS, but I found two issues which don't allow to use import/export.
    I use English language and Russian Federation in regional setting.
    So, first issue is date format. With Russian settings date format is DD/MM/YYYY.
    Second issue is currency name. Russian currency is rubles and fractional delimeter is comma, not point.
    Program works well, export is well, but import is broken.
    Some screenshotes:

1. I've created transaction:

2. Date is 3-Jan-2010

3. Full list:

4. I've exported this to google docs (first line):

Date is right, 03.01.2010. Also please pay your attention on an 'amount' value.

5. I've import this table to Checkbook:

Date and amount are wrong.
    Thanks Ryltar--

I think to much time went by [nearly 2 months] since paid app got an upgrade.

My friends reminds me how I should have stayed FREE/Beta he has all the power. But I told him, "Yeah, well I support the developer so he can continue with YOUR Beta version" LOL

I told him his day will come where he will have to buy the app too!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your app, but you have woke up your competition, and if I could make one recommendation..don't wait 2 months to upgrade paid app side :-) Beta should only be a step ahead of the paid, not 100 football fields difference :-)

I am so excited to get the new release from the catalog!

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXO
  12.    #912  
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeNoga View Post
    Thanks Ryltar--

I think to much time went by [nearly 2 months] since paid app got an upgrade.

My friends reminds me how I should have stayed FREE/Beta he has all the power. But I told him, "Yeah, well I support the developer so he can continue with YOUR Beta version" LOL

I told him his day will come where he will have to buy the app too!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your app, but you have woke up your competition, and if I could make one recommendation..don't wait 2 months to upgrade paid app side :-) Beta should only be a step ahead of the paid, not 100 football fields difference :-)

I am so excited to get the new release from the catalog!

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXO
    Hehe, that is what I have noticed. I now have to fun of balancing a beta and a live so I have to get used to it. I'll be trying to keep live in pace with beta, only a version or so behind.

So what's in beta will be hitting live soon (as long as there are no bugs). Then the next version of beta/live will definitely have transaction searching & a spending review page (transaction trends) that will use the transaction categories. After those are polished off, I'll work hard on the much wanted (but very troublesome) recurring transactions.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Once again, outdoing yourself ryltar. I am having an issue with the latest version. When I try to update from the Palm Beta site the notification says its updated but the Palm window continues to say "installing". I have had this issue with another app on Palm's app store (Currencies) so I'm sure its a problem with Palm's app store, just thought you may want to pass it along to Palm.

I installed the latest update via QI and had no issues.
    Ryltar- I've been watching your work since the summer. Thank you for putting this together. I purchased the Checkbook license probably like three weeks ago, when you first introduced Categories to your beta versions. I can probably provide suggestions later on, like the rest of the users, but I'll wait until you get done with the issues you're currently working on (which were on my list anyway). Again thanks, and congratulations for a job very well done.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Maybe this has been posted here already and/or you are aware of this. But I just noticed (in the latest beta) that although in overviews the currency is now localised, in the enter transaction screens it's still in dollars and only accepts . for decimals instead of European ,
    Hey man i am using your great app. i live in singapore. so i can't purchase your app yet.
    Meanwhile. i tried to download the latest 8.66 version. after download from the palm beta page the app stays installing. but it never gets installed. so i deleted the old version and tried again same. now i can't use your app! can i get the old version somewhere or do you think you can fix it some how? i miss your app big time!
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    Hey man i am using your great app. i live in singapore. so i can't purchase your app yet.
    Meanwhile. i tried to download the latest 8.66 version. after download from the palm beta page the app stays installing. but it never gets installed. so i deleted the old version and tried again same. now i can't use your app! can i get the old version somewhere or do you think you can fix it some how? i miss your app big time!
    Chris
    found a work around is to use webos quick install.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Hi,

I love the +/-, thank you for implementing that! It is all I dreamed it would be. ;-)

Thank you for making the palm beta's show up in the Precentral feed. I do have a version question though. I currently have beta V0.8.650. I was notified that 660 was available but like chrislo could not install it. I also had the same idea of using quick install, but wanted to check the change log first. That shows 660 but does not show 650.

I also have a question about categories. It looks like there is no connection between descriptions and categories. Is that correct? Is this something you are thinking about for the future? In other words, if I enter description "My Electric Company" and I choose "Utilities" as the category, the next time I choose "My Electric Company" it should remember "Utilities". It would be great if that link was made for all previous uses of "Electric Company". I am assuming that descriptions should include a key into the list of categories so any change to the category of a description would be reflected in all uses.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I finally purchased this now that I noticed it has a running balance. The only issue I'm having is that the fonts used for the date, amount, and running balance are a bit small on the transaction listing screen. Can they be increased to the same size as that used for the description font? It would be a tight fit, but there should be enough room. (The alternating color bars help separate the transactions.) This would help out us old folks who no longer have 20/20 vision.
    i also can't download the newest update. And now i can't get QI to work