Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    tried this and changed sort a couple times in preferences, but doesn't have any impact on app.
  2.    #882  
    Strange. This may be a dumb question, but are you tapping done or performing a back swipe out of the edit accounts scene?

odd, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Strange. This may be a dumb question, but are you tapping done or performing a back swipe out of the edit accounts scene?
    tried both.
    like that screen image? you can't tell the amount of my balance, but it's in the red.
  6.    #886  
    okay. From that screenshot (very helpful by the way) it seems that sorting is working fine. If you check the year of the transactions, you will see that those last 3 are actually scheduled for December 2010. Changing the date back to December doesn't roll back the year right now. Try adjusting the date in the transactions and see if that fixes things.
    thank you. that was it; i created them in 2010 and changed the date to december, but didn't remember the year.
  8.    #888  
    I did the same thing but in reverse. Marked down a few things like January rent and bills for 2010 in December but forgot to change the year
    Hi ryltar,
    congratulations for your beautiful app. Your app is getting better and better and I really like it very much.

There are some minor issues I want to report: When deleting transaction categories in the ‘Transaction Categories’-View the list view sometimes does not update correctly so that deleted transaction categories often remain visible. And after all transaction categories are deleted from the list it is not possible to add a new category anymore.

Some requests: It would be very nice, if the main categories can also be edited (created, renamed) like the secondary categories. And when the “Auto-Complete”-option is enabled it would be nice, if not only the transaction header will be auto-completed but also the transaction category and by option the transaction notes.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Hi,

A few things (been too busy to get in here for a while)..

Someone mentioned a while back about changing the icon and name. For what it is worth, I like both just they way they are. I also think you deserve to have the checkbook generic name. You were first and are best.

I like the way the new date picker looks with the colors and the today yesterday buttons but I think you should take the next step and really make my day. Center the 1/2 width today button and put a 1/4 "-" on the left and a 1/4 "+" on the right. This is still same number of clicks to do yesterday but is now totally flexible. My old checkbook had +/- and I used it constantly. I move things forward when they have not cleared yet and I move things back that I did not enter yet so that the order matches my bank account statement. I also repeatedly push things forward that I want to do but cannot yet. If you add the +/-, I will seldom have to use the hated webos date picker.

Last comment, is there anything preventing you from using the palm beta and still posting here? What I did was install the paid and then switch back to the precentral version. But now it looks like I will never see another update. I guess I will have to switch back to catalog when you release next major. The beta thing is not clear to me. Would I have to manually install each new beta? I have been very happy to test but I have not had enough time to figure out the new beta system and follow along. I suspect I am not the only tester you lost.
  11.    #891  
    Quote Originally Posted by betax View Post
    There are some minor issues I want to report: When deleting transaction categories in the ‘Transaction Categories’-View the list view sometimes does not update correctly so that deleted transaction categories often remain visible. And after all transaction categories are deleted from the list it is not possible to add a new category anymore.
    Thanks for point that out. I'll go ahead and fix it up.

Quote Originally Posted by betax View Post
    Some requests: It would be very nice, if the main categories can also be edited (created, renamed) like the secondary categories. And when the “Auto-Complete”-option is enabled it would be nice, if not only the transaction header will be auto-completed but also the transaction category and by option the transaction notes.
    I will work on those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    I like the way the new date picker looks with the colors and the today yesterday buttons but I think you should take the next step and really make my day. Center the 1/2 width today button and put a 1/4 "-" on the left and a 1/4 "+" on the right. This is still same number of clicks to do yesterday but is now totally flexible. My old checkbook had +/- and I used it constantly. I move things forward when they have not cleared yet and I move things back that I did not enter yet so that the order matches my bank account statement. I also repeatedly push things forward that I want to do but cannot yet. If you add the +/-, I will seldom have to use the hated webos date picker.
    Good idea. I'll set that up.

Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    Last comment, is there anything preventing you from using the palm beta and still posting here? What I did was install the paid and then switch back to the precentral version. But now it looks like I will never see another update. I guess I will have to switch back to catalog when you release next major. The beta thing is not clear to me. Would I have to manually install each new beta? I have been very happy to test but I have not had enough time to figure out the new beta system and follow along. I suspect I am not the only tester you lost.
    Okay, sorry for the confusion. There is still a Beta (available everywhere) and a Live (available for paid downloads only) version. There are now both hosted by Palm's servers now. This allows for installation without any additional software beyond your Pre. I know many people used Preware to do this already, but I wanted to get an idea of how many people are using the Beta so I can do some estimates of error probability and usage statistics. I sent a message to Dieter asking about using the PreCentral gallery to link back to the Beta catalog and he hinted at fun stuff to come. So maybe PreCentral's homebrew gallery will still get updates that way, but all distribution is now handled by Palm.

Edit: I'll keep PreCentral's gallery updated as well.
    Last edited by ryltar; 01/13/2010 at 01:10 PM.
    My wife and I have feedback/feature request. Is there anyway to have a full calendar pop up when selecting a date for a transaction? Thank you for all your work.
  13.    #893  
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnthenet View Post
    My wife and I have feedback/feature request. Is there anyway to have a full calendar pop up when selecting a date for a transaction? Thank you for all your work.
    I'm working on that
    Woohoo! Great update! Love the cleaner look. I'm lil curious though, can I not find it or is the the option for recurring payments not there?
    One other item I'm wondering bout, any luck with option of adding to the calendar feature?
    Thanks again for making this app! One of my favorite apps.
  15.    #895  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Woohoo! Great update! Love the cleaner look. I'm lil curious though, can I not find it or is the the option for recurring payments not there?
    One other item I'm wondering bout, any luck with option of adding to the calendar feature?
    Thanks again for making this app! One of my favorite apps.
    Had to nuke recurring transactions in the latest version. I am rewriting it to hopefully function better & faster. The first incarnation was slow and clunky.

I'm working on the calendar but I'm having a bit of trouble making everything big enough to tap on right now. I'll probably have to change the current popup interface to a full scene at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Had to nuke recurring transactions in the latest version. I am rewriting it to hopefully function better & faster. The first incarnation was slow and clunky.

I'm working on the calendar but I'm having a bit of trouble making everything big enough to tap on right now. I'll probably have to change the current popup interface to a full scene at the very least.
    Ahh ok! Thanks for the heads up about that. Keep up the great work, its coming along just fine!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Never mind, just read the previous page
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hands down, this App has just exceeded my expectations and continues to be my favorite. The new look and face lift is great. When things are loading i love the small loading sign as appose to the large spinning circle. I will keep my eyes out for bugs.
    Quick question, I am looking for opinions here, (including Ryltar's) Is the Beta version better or than the offical Pre App version so far? (update wise)

I have been VERY happy with the way the Beta one has been working and updated thus far and I have read that people were not getting the same updates in the App catalog as the Beta version has received.

I will buy the official version for sure I just didnt want to get it yet if its going to be lacking in updates...

please advise...
  20.    #900  
    Quote Originally Posted by micahsanders View Post
    Quick question, I am looking for opinions here, (including Ryltar's) Is the Beta version better or than the offical Pre App version so far? (update wise)

I have been VERY happy with the way the Beta one has been working and updated thus far and I have read that people were not getting the same updates in the App catalog as the Beta version has received.

I will buy the official version for sure I just didnt want to get it yet if its going to be lacking in updates...

please advise...
    The Live version is behind the Beta. If you wait for a bit longer, I'll be syncing the versions again. Checkbook Beta just needs a few more features and some debugging before it hits the live version again.