Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I'm really getting to like your program as a replacement for my old Palm OS version of AcctsNLoans. One minor annoyance I keep cursing under my breath. I have transactions displayed sorted by [Date] Newest Last whcih puts oldest entries at the top of the list. Every time I go into transactions, they are sorted properly but instead of the list position for view being at the top showing me the oldest or 1st in the list, I am always viewing the most recent transactions.

Any way you could change this behavior?
  2.    #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerlsturgiss View Post
    I'm really getting to like your program as a replacement for my old Palm OS version of AcctsNLoans. One minor annoyance I keep cursing under my breath. I have transactions displayed sorted by [Date] Newest Last whcih puts oldest entries at the top of the list. Every time I go into transactions, they are sorted properly but instead of the list position for view being at the top showing me the oldest or 1st in the list, I am always viewing the most recent transactions.

Any way you could change this behavior?
    So if I'm reading you right, you want the list sorted so that the newest transactions are at the bottom and you view the top? Changing that would simplify a great many things in my scroller settings. Many people seem to like the current way (they want the newest items at the bottom and visible) and changing that would confuse a great many people who don't check change logs. I think I'd be better off adding a new setting though. It'll appear on the lists in an update.
    so you want it to start at the first transaction the flic through all x amount of transactions?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Just my first thank you note of the year,ryltar. As I have often said this is my favorite app.
    Earlier I was sitting here wishing we had default account so it would open to the one I always use...I had the rare presence of mind to check before asking and darned if it wasn't already there waiting for me.

This is great work. Thanks again,Dave.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    hey has checkbook been pulled I can find it through preware, is it only in the app catalog now
  6.    #866  
    Checkbook Beta has moved from PreCentral.net sadly. In order to make accessing & updating Checkbook Beta easier, I have moved it to Palm's app system in their Beta area.

You can now download the latest Beta update here.

You can view the latest updates to Checkbook here.

I will be keeping up with this forum thread still. The primary motivation for me moving to the Palm Beta system is for easier distribution and proper metrics. You will now be able to use Palm's app catalog to update Checkbook Beta.

Notice: The new version of Beta has a different app id. You will have to either move the DB file or use the Import/Export system to update your data.

Steps to move DB. If you are unsure of doing this correct, use the Import/Export system. It will transfer all your transaction data. You will only need to update your Account data.
    1. You will need to put your device into USB mode and connect it to the computer.
    2. There will be a folder called [.app-storage] (it may be hidden).
    3. In that folder there will be a folder with [com.glitchtech.checkbook] in its name and one with [com.glitchtechscience.checkbookbeta] in its name.
    4. Copy the file in [com.glitchtech.checkbook] to [com.glitchtechscience.checkbookbeta].
    5. Rename the file from [com.glitchtech.checkbook] to the name of the file that was originally in [com.glitchtechscience.checkbookbeta].
    6. Make sure there is only one file in [com.glitchtechscience.checkbookbeta].
    7. Exit USB mode and start Checkbook.

(dk, I was about three seconds from pushing the submit button)
    Last edited by ryltar; 01/08/2010 at 08:39 PM.
    just downloaded it and noticed that you can not change the order like lets say have credit cards first it sorts it in alphabetical order and if you rearrange it it changes back every time you go to the display screen.
    also when I imported my data and every account I try to acces it just says loading transactions but never loads anything
  9.    #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    just downloaded it and noticed that you can not change the order like lets say have credit cards first it sorts it in alphabetical order and if you rearrange it it changes back every time you go to the display screen.
    I'll fix that. A lot of stuff has changed in how it functions. It will be a little rocky for a few updates. Don't worry though, it'll stabilize soon.

I'm also working to update the recurrence system, so don't bother with it. It'll be wiped clean because it is changing to something easier and more functional.

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    also when I imported my data and every account I try to acces it just says loading transactions but never loads anything
    Check back in two hours. That is when 0.8.640 will be up. It should fix a few things. (not the cat order stuff yet though)
    ok thanks will do, but I have to say the feel and look of the app is allot better, as long as you can get the bugs worked out.
    just downloaded the new version still have both of the problems
  12.    #872  
    Downloading it to test on Pre now. Seems to work fine on Emulator, so give me a bit.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I upgraded to Checkbook Beta 0.8.640 and it still gets stuck on loading transactions when I go into an account.
  14.    #874  
    Quote Originally Posted by schaplin View Post
    I upgraded to Checkbook Beta 0.8.640 and it still gets stuck on loading transactions when I go into an account.
    Working on it. I'll post reply to this thread when it is fixed and the next version is released.
  15.    #875  
    Update posted. Once it clears Palm's system you can get at it (usually about 2 hours)

Changes v0.8.645 (Beta) [01/08/2010]

• Fixed bug with Transaction Scene
    • Preferences Scene Accounts divided into categories
    • Added change log scene
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    The new update fixed the transaction problem for me. Thanks a lot. They load so quick.
    Will there be a checkbook update for the paid version in the near future? BTW, this is the most used app on my phone. Thanks for creating the app.
  18.    #878  
    Quote Originally Posted by mj10930 View Post
    Will there be a checkbook update for the paid version in the near future? BTW, this is the most used app on my phone. Thanks for creating the app.
    Very near future. I'm working out the kinks and bugs and polishing off features.
    i couldn't find anything else on this issue and apologize for re-posting if it's been discussed:
    i'm using the non-beta version and transactions are not in chronological order for transaction date. they may be in chronological order of creation date (i added some to correct missing transactions in my history, ie. while reconciling). is this a known thing, isolated to me, or not an issue for anyone else?
    my apologies if duplicate post or if this post should be somewhere else.
  20.    #880  
    Quote Originally Posted by smokin_cannon View Post
    i couldn't find anything else on this issue and apologize for re-posting if it's been discussed:
    i'm using the non-beta version and transactions are not in chronological order for transaction date. they may be in chronological order of creation date (i added some to correct missing transactions in my history, ie. while reconciling). is this a known thing, isolated to me, or not an issue for anyone else?
    my apologies if duplicate post or if this post should be somewhere else.
    Check the account settings to see if you have a sort set up. You can enter the settings screen by going into the preference scene and tapping the account you want to edit. The look under display prefences (I think it is). Change the sort to how you want it. I think that'll fix it. I don't have the live version in front of me at the moment so sadly I cannot confirm that.