Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I bought the app couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it. Just wondering though the features on the beta version isn't on the paid version yet right?
  2.    #842  
    Quote Originally Posted by asaetern View Post
    I bought the app couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it. Just wondering though the features on the beta version isn't on the paid version yet right?
    They have not. Beta features won't appear for a few weeks. This is to make sure that the updates have as few bugs as possible when going live. I have a few more things I want to update and test on the Beta version before I update the Paid version.
    Just some comments. I personally love this app and own the paid version. Twice. Once on my Pre and on my wife's Pixi. I cant wait till these changes hit the paid version and i would'nt change a thing about the name or the icon, thier perfect. Great job and look forward to future enhancements.
    Who knows how hard this one is, but I thought I would throw a suggestion out. I love it on my Phone and Calc keypads... maybe haptic feedback on the key pad?
  5.    #845  
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    Who knows how hard this one is, but I thought I would throw a suggestion out. I love it on my Phone and Calc keypads... maybe haptic feedback on the key pad?
    Haptic feedback, now that's a new suggestion What sort of places would that be of interest? The keypad for entering a security code and where else.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Haptic feedback, now that's a new suggestion What sort of places would that be of interest? The keypad for entering a security code and where else.
    Ummmm, I would think checking the (un)clear box in the list view would be awesome too. I sometimes tap the side of the screen to check it, but my fat thumb will hit off to the right of the screen and I will notice my mistake next time I go back in the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    I think that you will find that the necessary API's are not official, and so your App Catalog version could not have it.
  8.    #848  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I think that you will find that the necessary API's are not official, and so your App Catalog version could not have it.
    Thanks for that heads up, I haven't had a chance to look into anything like that yet so I'll put it as a note to check in future versions after webOS gets another upgrade.
    ryltar, I've had this app from the beginning and have anticipated every update, one of which was the upcoming transaction/repeat transaction function.

the thing is I cant get it to work, I have skimmed over the thread and saw that you were having issues with weekly repeat method. I guess you fixed it, but I am having the same issue with monthly as well. I guess I am just asking for a simple walk through of how it is supposed to work.

when you set it up to repeat weekly or monthly etc, and click (done) it gives you 3 options, I guess I don't know what exactly those mean. I usually just play around with it until I get it to work but the multiple entries, and adjustments to my account balance is frustrating as hell...

Oh and I clicked on (help) and the app froze so I had to close it down and reopen it.

If I'm doing something wrong please just point me in the right direction,

thanks for the great app, and keeping up with all the inquires.
    make sure you have the latestt version.

the 3 options are
    1 all transactions
    2 this transaction
    3 all future transactions.

those are not in the right order but hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    make sure you have the latestt version.

the 3 options are
    1 all transactions
    2 this transaction
    3 all future transactions.

those are not in the right order but hope that helps
    scoobdude, yeah those are the three options which I have taken the time to apply separately and I cant seem to get any of them to work consistently. it will work for a couple of reoccurring bills/expenses but then I will attempt another one and it will screw everything up.

I don't know if I am making it harder than it is or what but this is the ONE option I was waiting for now I cant seem to apply it in the right way...

please advise
    can you provide more detail or maybe an example? A screen shot wold also help.

a few thing to note that may help are the recuring transactions will show up on your list but are a diff color. They will also have a calender icon and will not show up on you balance on top depending which one you have selected. If you need to chage this tap the top bar where the balance is.

one more thing to note is if yo have running balance it will show what your acct looks like after the transaction "will" occur

please add what version you are on as well
    thanks for your help, I have been overseas (on a ship) for the past 3 months so I am behind on a couple palm software updates, I will update those first and see if that helps with the issue... I may be coming back if I'm still stuck,

thanks again
    current version is 0.8.605

you can check it via orange + icon in launcher. Current app catalog version is a bit more behind.

p.s. Easiest way to update is via preware in case you have not discovred it yet. And welcome back
  15.    #855  
    Thanks for filling in for me Scoob

Micah, a screen shot would be the best way to help figure out what's going funky. As I said a few posts back, recurring transactions is brand new and something I haven't experimented with before so they may be a little funny. The currently release is 0.8.605 and that fixed a few issues with the repeating stuff. It'll take some time and testing to figure them all out.

And just to give a heads up, one bug I've found occurs when editing repeating transactions. I'm working to fix that.
    ryltar & scoobdude, thanks for the replies. I'm not completely computer illiterate, though I must say a screen shot is beyond me.

I have downloaded the latest version (0.8.605) out of the homebrew app section. I understand that the homebrew is pretty much the 'testing grounds' for these apps so I'm not flipping out just wondering if it was operator error.

I'm confident you will get the wrinkles out in due time, I guess one of my biggest questions is on the 3 options. I keep telling myself that its self explanatory but if you could 'define' or 'describe' what the 3 buttons do:

1) all transactions
    2) this transaction
    3) all future transactions

and when and how one would use them that would help out a LOT!

thanks again,
    screen shot is orange + sym + P if I remember correctly.

for the 3 options
    1 all transaction should modify all existing transactions.

2 this transaction should modify the currebt one

3 all future should modify all going forward and I think the one you are on as well
  18.    #858  
    Quote Originally Posted by micahsanders View Post
    ryltar & scoobdude, thanks for the replies. I'm not completely computer illiterate, though I must say a screen shot is beyond me.

I have downloaded the latest version (0.8.605) out of the homebrew app section. I understand that the homebrew is pretty much the 'testing grounds' for these apps so I'm not flipping out just wondering if it was operator error.

I'm confident you will get the wrinkles out in due time, I guess one of my biggest questions is on the 3 options. I keep telling myself that its self explanatory but if you could 'define' or 'describe' what the 3 buttons do:

1) all transactions
    2) this transaction
    3) all future transactions

and when and how one would use them that would help out a LOT!

thanks again,
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    screen shot is orange + sym + P if I remember correctly.

for the 3 options
    1 all transaction should modify all existing transactions.

2 this transaction should modify the currebt one

3 all future should modify all going forward and I think the one you are on as well
    You beat me again Scoobdude

It is orange + sym + p though I constantly forget it. And Scoob is correct on what each of them should do. I'm still working out kinks so sometimes they don't do what they're supposed to.

Also, sorry that the Recurring system is so rough. It needs time to test so a few things didn't show up >.< I'll get them ironed out soon.
    just wanted to share a bug (or a feature)

when I added a recuring event, then chaned the date and put only for this instance, it took the calender icon away. Functionally it seems fine though.

and a suggestion if I may. Keep track of the current check number. That way it will autofill (+1).

either way keep up the good work.
    and thanks