Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Will the information we put in the beta version transfer?
    should as long as versions and information on the spreadsheets are the same
    also to expand on the idea of update when close and open, maybe we can limit that to certain accts. I never use cc so I would not need to update those etc. Just my 2 checking accts.
    new version looks awesome. Might want to add a bi weekly option. Also may want to add a blank space or something in between current and upcoming transactions. Maybe also set the default scroll view to stop @ the last transaction so we can scroll down to see upcoming ones.
  4.    #824  
    I'm working on scrolling issues constantly
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I recently doctor'd my phone (a couple of times). The 2nd-to-last-time I doctor'd, I went ahead and purchased the app from the App Catalog...and imported the data for my accounts via Google Docs (man, that's handy!!).

A couple of questions about this though.

With the purchased version, when I doctor'd and restored via the Palm Profile, the app restored, but the data didn't.

A) Is this something that is supposed to happen? Not supposed to happen? Is being worked on so it won't happen?

B) If the only data backup solution for this app is the Google Doc export, is there some way the export can be done at regular intervals (either every X number of days, or every X number of application launches)?

I had to do an unexpected wipe and restore over Christmas and, when I got home and got the app reinstalled, at that point I realized that my latest exported backup with almost a month old. Oops. My own fault, I know...but some kind of interval-based backup schedule would be VERY handy! I mean, we're not talking about WordWhirl high scores here...this is important financial information.

As always, still a super-duper awesome, kick-akss great app!!
  6.    #826  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I recently doctor'd my phone (a couple of times). The 2nd-to-last-time I doctor'd, I went ahead and purchased the app from the App Catalog...and imported the data for my accounts via Google Docs (man, that's handy!!).

A couple of questions about this though.

With the purchased version, when I doctor'd and restored via the Palm Profile, the app restored, but the data didn't.

A) Is this something that is supposed to happen? Not supposed to happen? Is being worked on so it won't happen?

B) If the only data backup solution for this app is the Google Doc export, is there some way the export can be done at regular intervals (either every X number of days, or every X number of application launches)?

I had to do an unexpected wipe and restore over Christmas and, when I got home and got the app reinstalled, at that point I realized that my latest exported backup with almost a month old. Oops. My own fault, I know...but some kind of interval-based backup schedule would be VERY handy! I mean, we're not talking about WordWhirl high scores here...this is important financial information.

As always, still a super-duper awesome, kick-akss great app!!
    A) This will happen for now. My server admin still hasn't setup a db server for me so I cannot do cloud backups yet.

B) There is no automatic backup system to google docs yet.

I'm working on the backup code, it is test implemented on my local server but I do not have the ability/power to save more than a dozen users information on my local server. I'm still waiting on my webserver admin to enable the database access for me, but once does an update with auto-syncing to the cloud will be available rather quickly.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Changes v0.8.600 (Beta) [12/30/2009]

• Repeating Transactions
    • Expenses now have categories (enabled by default, can be turned off in the add/edit account page)
    • Check Number Field option
    • Show/Hide Notes option
    • Dates and Amounts should be localized
    • Yesterday button on add/edit transaction
    • Fixed transaction scene not scrolling after add item
    • Accounts Scene - fixed drop down to not add in hidden items

-----------------------------

A few notes:
    • The repeating transaction system is brand new, everything should work just fine though.
    • Give me feedback about the transaction category system. It will be getting an interface soon where you can add/edit/delete items.
    • A review page is under way for transaction categories.
    • Searching is under development as well.
    Thanks for the great updates... best of all it looks like you used the Mint.com categories. THAT IS PERFECT, I use Mint and i can now keep things together.

I am looking forward to cloud back up. Since the beta is up to date I will be using that version until official app catches up.
  8.    #828  
    Someone found a bug and I'm putting it here cause it is a nasty one!

If you use the weekly repeat method, it will lock up Checkbook badly. You won't be able to access your data at all and it has the potential to lock the phone up. I'm working to fix it now and I'll have a fix online as soon as possible.
    Someone found a bug and I'm putting it here cause it is a nasty one!

If you use the weekly repeat method, it will lock up Checkbook badly. You won't be able to access your data at all and it has the potential to lock the phone up. I'm working to fix it now and I'll have a fix online as soon as possible.
    Just fyi, i got paid today (yay) and set that up as a recurring even for every 1 month on the 31st. everything looked fine and it only had 1 instance for the future. I closed it. Opened it to put breakfast in a few hours later, then i had about 10 instance all for jan 31st and the running balance kept adding that transaction.

I went in and tried to delete teh transaction, apply to all and it locked up with the spinning circle of death. closed app, reopened, changed status to non repeating, deleted all following, and all seems well. Thought this migt be related as well.
  10.    #830  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Just fyi, i got paid today (yay) and set that up as a recurring even for every 1 month on the 31st. everything looked fine and it only had 1 instance for the future. I closed it. Opened it to put breakfast in a few hours later, then i had about 10 instance all for jan 31st and the running balance kept adding that transaction.

I went in and tried to delete teh transaction, apply to all and it locked up with the spinning circle of death. closed app, reopened, changed status to non repeating, deleted all following, and all seems well. Thought this might be related as well.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll fix that too. Sorry for the bugs in the system, guess alpha testing missed them. But then again, Beta users are also guinea pigs for testing
  11.    #831  
    New version uploaded. Should fix the issues reported so far (weekly repeats and repeat spam)
    Like your app. On my Treos and Centro, I used an app called AcctsNLoans. Although you approach the capabilities differently, you're catching up to it in functionality. I just input most of my routine & repeating transactions to see what it looks like.

Is there a way to change the order of Date display to ascending?
    Can we see more than one months data including repeat transactions?
    Is there a way to show future acct balance for a specific date and show all the transactions up to that date by scrolling?
    seems to be working now. Tanks fo the quick fix.

question, are the new categories gonna be carried over via spreadsheet?
  14. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    This app really came at a great time. I've been spending way too much money lately and need to keep track of my finance better.

I really like this app, it's simple to use and does what I want. However, there are some minor cosmetic improvements I'd like to suggest.

First of all, please let the user choose the currency symbol. Not everyone out there use the dollar.

Secondly, please change the app's title to something a bit more universal. 'Checkbook' sounds too specific and also a bit generic. Please also change the app icon to something a bit more attractive and not a dollar sign.

There are also improvements that can be made to the drop-down menu (too many bold underlines). Please put a consistent margin between content on the screen as some text appear adjacent to the screen's edge. Overall, just give the app a bit more polish to make it more consistent with the rest of the webOS interface design.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with this app so far and I'm looking forward to the upcoming features you have planned for it. I'm especially excited for the calendar integration and I hope it will work seamlessly.
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
  15.    #835  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerlsturgiss View Post
    Like your app. On my Treos and Centro, I used an app called AcctsNLoans. Although you approach the capabilities differently, you're catching up to it in functionality. I just input most of my routine & repeating transactions to see what it looks like.

Is there a way to change the order of Date display to ascending?
    Can we see more than one months data including repeat transactions?
    Is there a way to show future acct balance for a specific date and show all the transactions up to that date by scrolling?
    You can change the sort display under account preferences for each account (Accounts & Preferences in the app menu or tap and hold an account name to get to the edit screen on the Accounts Page).

I plan to have the distance the repeating transactions show up customizable soon.

I am working on better searching/sorting systems and balance display systems.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    seems to be working now. Tanks fo the quick fix.

question, are the new categories gonna be carried over via spreadsheet?
    Transactions will export their categories. They will also import them. I'm working on the system where you can customize your categories.

Quote Originally Posted by Dew View Post
    This app really came at a great time. I've been spending way too much money lately and need to keep track of my finance better.

I really like this app, it's simple to use and does what I want. However, there are some minor cosmetic improvements I'd like to suggest.

First of all, please let the user choose the currency symbol. Not everyone out there use the dollar.

Secondly, please change the app's title to something a bit more universal. 'Checkbook' sounds too specific and also a bit generic. Please also change the app icon to something a bit more attractive and not a dollar sign.

There are also improvements that can be made to the drop-down menu (too many bold underlines). Please put a consistent margin between content on the screen as some text appear adjacent to the screen's edge. Overall, just give the app a bit more polish to make it more consistent with the rest of the webOS interface design.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with this app so far and I'm looking forward to the upcoming features you have planned for it. I'm especially excited for the calendar integration and I hope it will work seamlessly.
    I'm currently working on localization right now. I've got most of the strings externalized and am working on getting the Localized versions built. It is a little slow going because I am still finding all of the strings used in the app.

I don't think I can change the title with out changing the App Id (which would muck up all the app catalog people), but I'll look into it. I asked for suggestions a while ago for titles and though on it myself but couldn't really come up with anything different.

I'll see what I can do about the icon, art isn't my strongest skill

Where are you seeing all the bold underlines in a drop down menu? Is it the app menu (one in the upper left)? If so, that is the style Palm set up for menu item with sub-drop downs. I'll work on it some, but I'm not fully sure I can do too much about that.

I'm always working to improve the UI with this app and I'll try to hunt down the offending pages and fix them. Where they any specific ones that you noticed?
    I looked through the forum and did some searches, but did not find any posts with this problem. I was testing this app and tried to export to Google Docs. A box pops up saying something to the effect of "retrieving authorization key" and then another box pops up at the bottom asking if I entered my Google account information correctly. I did this at least five times. I also used several different versions of the user name (with a mixture of caps, all lower, with @gmail.com and without). Then I logged onto my Google Docs account using my Pre as well to make sure I was putting the information in correctly and I was able to log in successfully the first time. my user name is also in this format: name.name.n@gmail.com --- not sure if that could be related to the problem or not but I will try a test with a different account. So any ideas?

And like so may others have already stated --- Great app and it seems to get better and better with each update and with all the suggestions being provided.
  17.    #837  
    Quote Originally Posted by EPotterPC View Post
    I looked through the forum and did some searches, but did not find any posts with this problem. I was testing this app and tried to export to Google Docs. A box pops up saying something to the effect of "retrieving authorization key" and then another box pops up at the bottom asking if I entered my Google account information correctly. I did this at least five times. I also used several different versions of the user name (with a mixture of caps, all lower, with @gmail.com and without). Then I logged onto my Google Docs account using my Pre as well to make sure I was putting the information in correctly and I was able to log in successfully the first time. my user name is also in this format: name.name.n@gmail.com --- not sure if that could be related to the problem or not but I will try a test with a different account. So any ideas?
    I'm sorry. I am not sure what the problem may be then. If you have the latest version, the error message you are describing only should appear if your log in information is incorrect or if the error is unknown. Does the message say anything about unknown? Also make sure that you are using the full log in information (username@gmail.com).
    I just did a test with another Google Docs account and it worked perfectly.

I also tested the first account again immediately prior and was still showing the same error (and there was nothing that I saw that gave any kind of error code nor said anything about an "unknown" error).

Again it appears that the issue may be due to the username format.

Unsuccessful: name.name.i@gmail.com (two "dots")

Successful: i.name@gmail.com (one "dot")

It also occurs to me that this may not even be a coding error with this app, but may be a problem with the Google Docs API.
  19. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I'm currently working on localization right now. I've got most of the strings externalized and am working on getting the Localized versions built. It is a little slow going because I am still finding all of the strings used in the app.

I don't think I can change the title with out changing the App Id (which would muck up all the app catalog people), but I'll look into it. I asked for suggestions a while ago for titles and though on it myself but couldn't really come up with anything different.

I'll see what I can do about the icon, art isn't my strongest skill

Where are you seeing all the bold underlines in a drop down menu? Is it the app menu (one in the upper left)? If so, that is the style Palm set up for menu item with sub-drop downs. I'll work on it some, but I'm not fully sure I can do too much about that.

I'm always working to improve the UI with this app and I'll try to hunt down the offending pages and fix them. Where they any specific ones that you noticed?
    Nice to know you're working on localisation.

For the title, here are a few suggestions- Money/Finance/Balance/Accounts Manager, MoneyPro, Personal Bank/Finance... I don't know, something along those lines. It is kinda difficult to think of an imaginative app name, I'll give you that!

For the icon, just keep it simple. Something resembling a tiny bank probably. You've got some great icons for the account categories so I'm sure you can come up with something cool.

As for the bold underlines, I'm talking about the menu at the top left hand corner. The underlines seem inconsistent, some of them bold, some of them regular. It just looks weird that's all.

Finally the UI. Like I said, it's mainly a margin issue. You'll see it in pages like 'Accounts', the create new account page (for all the text describing different options), wherever there is an account name with an icon preceding it, the 'Accounts Categories', and so on where the text or icon is too close to the edge. It doesn't affect the app from functioning at all but does look inconsistent for an otherwise excellent app. So just give it bit more polish when you can. May be look at some other apps for ideas.

I hope that helps.
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
  20.    #840  
    Quote Originally Posted by EPotterPC View Post
    I just did a test with another Google Docs account and it worked perfectly.

I also tested the first account again immediately prior and was still showing the same error (and there was nothing that I saw that gave any kind of error code nor said anything about an "unknown" error).

Again it appears that the issue may be due to the username format.

Unsuccessful: name.name.i@gmail.com (two "dots")

Successful: i.name@gmail.com (one "dot")

It also occurs to me that this may not even be a coding error with this app, but may be a problem with the Google Docs API.
    Odd. I'll look into that, but it seems like it is a API issue, not something I can do too much about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dew View Post
    Nice to know you're working on localisation.

For the title, here are a few suggestions- Money/Finance/Balance/Accounts Manager, MoneyPro, Personal Bank/Finance... I don't know, something along those lines. It is kinda difficult to think of an imaginative app name, I'll give you that!

For the icon, just keep it simple. Something resembling a tiny bank probably. You've got some great icons for the account categories so I'm sure you can come up with something cool.

As for the bold underlines, I'm talking about the menu at the top left hand corner. The underlines seem inconsistent, some of them bold, some of them regular. It just looks weird that's all.

Finally the UI. Like I said, it's mainly a margin issue. You'll see it in pages like 'Accounts', the create new account page (for all the text describing different options), wherever there is an account name with an icon preceding it, the 'Accounts Categories', and so on where the text or icon is too close to the edge. It doesn't affect the app from functioning at all but does look inconsistent for an otherwise excellent app. So just give it bit more polish when you can. May be look at some other apps for ideas.

I hope that helps.
    Thanks Dew. I'll see what I can do about some of the formatting inconsistencies.