Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ryltar thanks for the insight and thanks for the great app...

I'm not sure if this was suggested but adding categories for transactions would be cool too. The ability to say what is a bill, food expense, entertainment, gas or personal would be handy for those that also manage there money in that fashion.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    hi -

somewhere between removing all the patches, updating to 1.3.5, and repatching, my account is gone now. could you tell me where the info is stored so i can see if it's still there somewhere? would suck to have to start over.

thanks.
  3.    #803  
    That's strange. But the information is stored in usb partition in /.app-storage Look for a folder with checkbook in the name (.app-storage may be hidden). The file format is SQLite so you'll need an appropriate editor.

Additionally, the current beta version will expire on New Years. I'm working to get the next version out, hopefully tonight. Check out GlitchTech Science Checkbook (webOS) Change Log to see the alpha log right now. It should be similar to what the Beta will see, unless I cannot get recurring transactions done tonight. Then it will be everything but that.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    i have this:
    Code:
    file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.glitchtech.checkbook_0
      |_ 0000000000000049.db
    file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.glitchtech.checkbook_0
     |_ 0000000000000019.db
    the one on media was modified today (when i reinstalled, trying to "revive" the app) and the one on var was modified yesterday (my last entry). so, i took the one on var, copied it to media, and renamed it to 49 (after deleting the other 49). removed pre, opened the app, and presto, there's my stuff.

thanks!
  5.    #805  
    Well that's good. I'll add it to my information just in case. I didn't have that issue, did anyone else?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    fyi, i had run mvapp long ago to move the app. today i ran EPR, did the update, ran EPH, ran mvapp updt, came back in and while the app would run, my phone didn't think it was installed. so i reinstalled, which did not give me two versions of the app - just the same one. then i came to this thread.

thanks again.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Well that's good. I'll add it to my information just in case. I didn't have that issue, did anyone else?
    Yes, I had a similar issue. I ran WebOSDoctor 1.3.1 before updating to 1.3.5. After the update to 1.3.5 it automatically downloaded the Checkbook app from the Official App Catalog. I launched the app and default account was created but empty. (EDIT: Actually maybe it wasn't created. I thought that when an account wasn't created that a wizard of some sort would prompt to create the account, but I didn't get any wizard or prompt to create a new account. So I created a default account and then went through the following steps..).

I had to take my DB from:
    file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.glitchtechscience.checkbook_0

And move it to:
    file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.glitchtechscience.checkbook_0

And rename it to the same name of the DB that was already in:
    file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.glitchtechscience.checkbook_0

Opened the app again and there was all of my data.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    OK, looking at this thread, I'm still at a loss.
    I loaded the 1.3.5 update, and suddenly my Checkbook is GONE.
    I'm trying some of what I am reading, copying files, etc. with what seems like no luck.
    am I doing something wrong?

Update:
    OK, I guess I can step back from the ledge. I don't know what I did, but it seems fine now
    Last edited by dlphntat; 12/29/2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: updating
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlphntat View Post
    OK, looking at this thread, I'm still at a loss.
    I loaded the 1.3.5 update, and suddenly my Checkbook is GONE.
    I'm trying some of what I am reading, copying files, etc. with what seems like no luck.
    am I doing something wrong?
    Did you find a .db file in the directory..
    "file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.glitchtechscience.checkbook_0" in /.app-storage ?

Assuming you did. And lets say its name is 000111.db

Then go into..
    "file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.glitchtechscience.checkbook_0"
    ..and delete the .db file you have there.
    (Maybe don't delete it but move it elsewhere for now, just in case)

Open the checkbook app and create a new account.
    Close the checkbook app.

Make a note of the new .db file in..
    "file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.glitchtechscience.checkbook_0"
    ..say it is 000999.db

Take 000111.db from:
    "file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.glitchtechscience.checkbook_0"

Copy it into:

And rename it to 000999.db

Then open the checkbook app. Data should be there.
    Last edited by fareal; 12/29/2009 at 08:10 PM.
    Is the new beta app ready yet? I can't find it on preware.
  11.    #811  
    Not yet. I finished a section but then realized I needed to do something different to make it work. I'll make an announcement here with the changelog for the update and a post on my twitter feed when I do.

I'd say about 6pm central right now for the update. I'll try to remember to inform you guys if it is going to be later though.
    Thanks, that's very helpful to know.
  13.    #813  
    Update is pushed back an hour or so. I was able to break something and I'm working to fix it. Sorry for the delay.

I know, I know... just give me a bit longer. I figured something that increases the loading speed a bit.
    Last edited by ryltar; 12/30/2009 at 07:05 PM.
  14.    #814  
    Changes v0.8.600 (Beta) [12/30/2009]

• Repeating Transactions
    • Expenses now have categories (enabled by default, can be turned off in the add/edit account page)
    • Check Number Field option
    • Show/Hide Notes option
    • Dates and Amounts should be localized
    • Yesterday button on add/edit transaction
    • Fixed transaction scene not scrolling after add item
    • Accounts Scene - fixed drop down to not add in hidden items

-----------------------------

A few notes:
    • The repeating transaction system is brand new, everything should work just fine though.
    • Give me feedback about the transaction category system. It will be getting an interface soon where you can add/edit/delete items.
    • A review page is under way for transaction categories.
    • Searching is under development as well.
    Last edited by ryltar; 12/30/2009 at 07:57 PM.
    Thanks!!
    thanks for keeping this updated! will wait for your app catalog version to update!
  17.    #817  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    thanks for keeping this updated! will wait for your app catalog version to update!
    That'll be a little bit. I've got a few more features I want to shove in Checkbook before the next App Catalog release. Hopefully some people still use this version so I can get some testing done in case I missed a bug
    i was finally gonna buy this today. I will continue testing however. I will also buy it just to support your efforts. This program is MUCHO appreciated by me and my wallet

Also my wife just got a pre as well. any ideas of a way to keep the 2 synced? I can put my doc acct on both and just d/l to both, but keeping them updated is gonna be kinda hard. Maybe an update before you close option?
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Maybe an update before you close option?
    That would be a cool feature to sync to google docs when you close it and sync the changes!
    Will the information we put in the beta version transfer?