Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeInMKE View Post
    So you're not exporting from your bank and then importing to google docs on a frequent basis?

    I used to use Quicken on my PC, and Pocket Quicken on my Treo, and I'd sync the banks, Quicken, and Pocket Quicken on my Treo every few days or so. Didn't matter how diligent I was at entering everything into Quicken or Pocket Quicken, there were always transactions recorded by my bank that I missed. That made the syncing necessary.

    Just let me be clear: I am NOT complaining that this app isn't Pocket Quicken.
    I am looking into a more robust import system. This one will be based from my website (which I am currently working on). It should allow you to upload a spreadsheet and select which columns are which. I don't have an ETA on this feature though, I'm rather busy with the end of the semester. Exam week starts on the 14th and I've got a ton of projects due before the end.
  2. Le THieN's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #782  
    Hey, ryaltar, I already posted a semi-long review in the App Catalog, but I just wanted to swing by here and give you props for programming such a masterfully designed app. It was my first app back in the early Homebrew days and it was one of two apps that I allowed to survive my initial reformatting, and - like dozens of others, apparently - it is my first and currently only official App Catalog purchase.

    I indulge in a lot of round-buying after getting off a late night bartending shift at the sushi restaurant I work, so I have a terrible penchant for losing track of how much cash I have on me and how much I spend. It's also been integral in helping me keep my checking and savings accounts current since my crappy Oklahoma bank (MidFirst) can take anywhere between 24-48 hours before my online statements are updated. Oh, I also loan out a lot of money to some of my friends because my heart is golden to a fault, so this gives me a neat and creative way to keep track of when their six-month grace periods are over, LOL.

    I only have a couple of questions: Are you going to continue updating the Beta version of Checkbook in Homebrew? Also, I know you have a small area in the OP that tracks beta updates, but is there anywhere I can go to access a comprehensive list of updates for the official version of Checkbook in the App Catalog? I've been blindly downloading your updates for the last several versions now, and it usually takes me days to find out the minor tweaks you make.

    As someone who is also working their way through college, I really appreciate the amount of effort and savvy you put behind such a painstakingly-designed app like this. Keep it up, homie.

    -- H.
  3.    #783  
    Glad Checkbook is working out for you. And here are the answers to your questions:

    Checkbook's current open beta is going to expire with the year. I will be changing this to a later date because I won't be able to get all the features I want in the app completed by then. School is eating up a lot of time so I am unable to work on any webOS dev

    If you visit my site, GlitchTech Science, and go to the changelog page of Checkbook (click here) you can see the complete changelog from initial release. You will have to check your app version to see if the Live matches the Beta version because the changelog on my site currently lists the absolute latest version. I will change this in the future (when I have the time) to show which versions are Live releases.


    On a different topic, what sort of apps do you guys want but don't see yet in the app catalog or homebrew listings? I've gotten a few suggestions for apps but I would like a few more. I want to try and expand my experience while doing something useful for the webOS community.
  4. #785  
    I just loaded the update from the App Catalog - the speed issue I mentioned in an earlier post is now fixed. I can finally feel good about deleting the beta and using the full app. Thanks again for making such a wonderful, reasonably-priced app!!
  5. #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post


    On a different topic, what sort of apps do you guys want but don't see yet in the app catalog or homebrew listings? I've gotten a few suggestions for apps but I would like a few more. I want to try and expand my experience while doing something useful for the webOS community.

    Considering the excellent work you've done for Checkbook, I'd like to see you create a Bills program. Currently I use a program in Classic called myBills. It's pretty basic but it lets me see when bills are due each month and how much. And I can mark them paid as I pay them.

    The screen list the bills by the day of the month, an allows for recurring bills (Monthly, weekly, yearly, etc). Plus allows for bills that change each month (Water Bill) and ones that stay the same (Cable Bill). It also changes the month view by which month you're in and alerts you if a bill is unpaid in a previous month.
  6. Ajamin24's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #787  
    wow, I am so late... I just realized this app was in the App Cat... I just bought it and keep up the good, no GREAT work. since it looks like the import is having some issues. I will be using the USB trick by renaming and moving the BD. Let us know if we should keep the Home brew because its quicker to update and get feedback....

    OK and for an app that I would like to see... A tasks app that can handle recurring tasks. I cant stand not having this. Coming from Winmo and Outlook I am missing the recurring functionality.
  7. #788  
    Do you want a challenge? Design an application where I can use my slingbox
  8. crm17's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #789  
    Hi,

    I often have future place holder transactions that are round numbers, like Bill-A for $100. Later when I actually pay Bill-A, I edit the transaction to the actual amount, such as $96.25. After this edit, when I return to the register, the cleared balance on the top bar does not update. I can check and uncheck the transaction and the cleared does not change. If I check or uncheck any earlier transactions, that change will update the cleared. If I check or uncheck any later transactions, they also have no effect on cleared balance.

    I have experienced this bug several times. Each time I have tried lots of stuff to fix it. It appears there is no way to fix this without deleting the edited transaction and re-creating it. And even then I think I have to open/close the app.
  9.    #790  
    Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    Hi,

    I often have future place holder transactions that are round numbers, like Bill-A for $100. Later when I actually pay Bill-A, I edit the transaction to the actual amount, such as $96.25. After this edit, when I return to the register, the cleared balance on the top bar does not update. I can check and uncheck the transaction and the cleared does not change. If I check or uncheck any earlier transactions, that change will update the cleared. If I check or uncheck any later transactions, they also have no effect on cleared balance.

    I have experienced this bug several times. Each time I have tried lots of stuff to fix it. It appears there is no way to fix this without deleting the edited transaction and re-creating it. And even then I think I have to open/close the app.
    Unusual, this is happening in the latest version? (0.8.224)
  10. crm17's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #791  
    Yes, v0.8.224
  11.    #792  
    Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    Yes, v0.8.224
    I'll experiment and try to reproduce. Also, I should have an update ready for release before the 24th. Keep an eye out because it is going to include recurring transactions (finally!). It'll need heavy testing before it is sent to palm.
  12. #793  
    When is the bata going to expire? I've bought the app catalog one but I still use the beta for personal loans & monthly bill reminders. Is there anyway to keep it working? I would love for you to make a program like 'MyHome' that I used on my treo's. It gives me a list of my monthly bills that I can delete as they are paid. It lists each month of the year with totals. Thanks, I love the checkbook app.
  13. #794  
    hmm, i'm hopeing you add an auto back-up/export feature, I had to doctor my pre yesterday and lost 2 weeks of info i needed. i normally back-up to google once a week, but forgot to last week. Might be something you want to try to add soon.
  14. #795  
    Can someone walk me through the steps of going from the Beta to the App catalog version?

    I've seen some discussion on here where you have to export your data from the Beta and then import to the Official Release but I haven't seen any definitive information on when it's required or if there still may be issues....

    Can someone please advise? I'm currently running the latest version of Beta (0.8.224)
  15. Ajamin24's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #796  
    ryltar,

    I have some across the need to rearrange the accounts on the home page. I recently added 2 accounts and they will not be used as my main account but I liked / got used to the way my accounts were sorted / unsorted to begin with. I would like to see a feature added that will allow us to tap+hold an account and move it up, down or in between other accounts.
  16. #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    I'll experiment and try to reproduce. Also, I should have an update ready for release before the 24th. Keep an eye out because it is going to include recurring transactions (finally!). It'll need heavy testing before it is sent to palm.
    I totally came here to request recurring transactions. *grin* It's a solid app, well done man, and I didn't realize it made it into the app catalog. (I normally hit the Homebrew apps first, so that's where I pulled my copy from.) I'll be glad to help ya test stuff out, if I can get my paycheck as a recurring deposit, this app basically does exactly what I need short of online syncing with my bank which is more of a pain to implement than I'd ever want to try m'self. (Sure, a few banks may be easy, but we have thousands of banks in this ridiculous country. )
  17. #798  
    I have another request, if it is not too complicated. Occasionally I enter transactions that do not clear the bank, for whatever reason (maybe I entered a CC transaction into my debit account, or the merchant forgot to process the payment... whatever). It would be great to be able to filter transactions. Either by name, cleared status, amount, or memo field.

    Still the most-used app on my phone (and the most value for your $$, as well). Carry on!
  18.    #799  
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    When is the bata going to expire? I've bought the app catalog one but I still use the beta for personal loans & monthly bill reminders. Is there anyway to keep it working? I would love for you to make a program like 'MyHome' that I used on my treo's. It gives me a list of my monthly bills that I can delete as they are paid. It lists each month of the year with totals. Thanks, I love the checkbook app.
    0.8.224 is going to expire on the New Years. I had thought that I would have more time to code and get another version or two out. I will be extending the date with the next release which should come out during the holidays.

    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    hmm, i'm hopeing you add an auto back-up/export feature, I had to doctor my pre yesterday and lost 2 weeks of info i needed. i normally back-up to google once a week, but forgot to last week. Might be something you want to try to add soon.
    I am working on it. My web host is being extremely slow in adding SQL support to my site. Once that is done, I'll be setting up auto-backups...

    Quote Originally Posted by bluenadas View Post
    Can someone walk me through the steps of going from the Beta to the App catalog version?

    I've seen some discussion on here where you have to export your data from the Beta and then import to the Official Release but I haven't seen any definitive information on when it's required or if there still may be issues....

    Can someone please advise? I'm currently running the latest version of Beta (0.8.224)
    Run the purchased version of Checkbook once and then follow these steps to transfer your data.

    1. Connect your webOS Device to your computer and set it to USB Drive.
    2. Find a folder (you may have to enable view hidden folders) called [\.app-storage]
    3. In this folder you should see another called something like [file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.glitchtech.checkbook]

    Copy the file in there to [file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.glitchtechscience.checkbook]. You can also use the Import/Export functions to copy over your transaction data. You will loose some settings, but most of your data will remain intact.The file you need to rename is in the folder I have you copy in step 3.

    * The file should named something like 0000000000000008.db.

    Take the file from your old phone and rename it to the file on your new phone (make sure checkbook is closed before you connect the phone to the computer).

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    ryltar,

    I have some across the need to rearrange the accounts on the home page. I recently added 2 accounts and they will not be used as my main account but I liked / got used to the way my accounts were sorted / unsorted to begin with. I would like to see a feature added that will allow us to tap+hold an account and move it up, down or in between other accounts.
    I'll look into adding that feature. Currently the sorting system for accounts is first by Acct Categories (your custom order) and then alphabetically by account name in the category.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeusInnomen View Post
    I totally came here to request recurring transactions. *grin* It's a solid app, well done man, and I didn't realize it made it into the app catalog. (I normally hit the Homebrew apps first, so that's where I pulled my copy from.) I'll be glad to help ya test stuff out, if I can get my paycheck as a recurring deposit, this app basically does exactly what I need short of online syncing with my bank which is more of a pain to implement than I'd ever want to try m'self. (Sure, a few banks may be easy, but we have thousands of banks in this ridiculous country. )
    I am currently working on that. Hope to have a test release out soon with them in it. I'd like to do online syncing but as you said, there are tons of banks. I'm having trouble even getting my own bank because it is impossible to find the rules/apis for such things (in my opinion)

    Quote Originally Posted by musashi77777 View Post
    I have another request, if it is not too complicated. Occasionally I enter transactions that do not clear the bank, for whatever reason (maybe I entered a CC transaction into my debit account, or the merchant forgot to process the payment... whatever). It would be great to be able to filter transactions. Either by name, cleared status, amount, or memo field.

    Still the most-used app on my phone (and the most value for your $$, as well). Carry on!
    That is one thing I am working on is filtering and searching transactions as well as a better sorting changing system.
  19. #800  
    This app is spectacular. Very nice work

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions