Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Thanks so just to confirm we have to re-enter everything in when we upgrade

ALSO I SEE IN THIS UPDATED VERSION you ADDED THE RUNNING TOTAL, IS THERE A ABILITY TO SELECT WHICH ACCOUNTS ARE INCLUDED IN THAT RUNNING TOTAL OR DOES IT JUST TOTAL EVERYTHING. SPLASH MONEY HAD THIS AS AN OPTION SO JUST AN IDEA.
  2.    #62  
    No, you shouldn't have to re-enter everything.

The option for total views is not implemented yet, but is on the list.
    So do I just put this version on there without deleting the previous and it should keep my data or do I have to do something special.
  4.    #64  
    Just install the new version with out deleting the old one and you are good to go.
    Alright thanks can't wait to get home to try this out which will be in an hour
    ok finally installed this and I have to say I love the improvements. The one thing I would like changed is the ability to select which accounts are included in the main screen by account for the total of all accounts. As I track my mortgage and car loans with this app.
  7.    #67  
    Planned on that option, I still figuring out how the appMenu works and getting it set up. Once I have that down better, I shall be implementing many of the requested options.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Holy crap this is AWESOME! Thanks ryltar. I have been waiting for this kind of an app to come out and yours is perfect on second release if you ask me. I don't do much in the way of exporting anything though, just to keep track of things. Thanks! I will make donations this weekend when I get paid.

Cheers!
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ryaltar you are my hero. This was EASILY worth what I paid for Classic so that's what I sent. Such a cool app.

Kinda' ties in with all those other threads about why there is not one 'official' one since the launch... Now, If I could just get you hired at Palm or Audible to write THAT app :-)

This is just great work. I hope all these people who are 'placing orders' for features like you are some kind of servant are also looking you up on the PayPal link...

And NO,people, ryaltar did not pay me to post this :-)
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    I, like many others, were a bit concerned when i moved to the Pre (From WinMo, where i was using Cash Organizer 8) and noted that there was no finance register type application.

Infact I was going to try my hat at programing for the pre starting this weekend just to try and create some sort of simple app like yours. but your a life saver! I will be sending you a nice "donation" this weekend.

I do have a question though, where is the DB located on the Pre in USB mode in the event we want to back up off the device?

Thanks again!
    ryltar another suggestiong I just though off while adding accounts maybe have an option to add your own account type as you only have checking/savings/credit card/other so maybe giving the user the ability to add their own type would be cool
    Thanks for all your hard work.
    Title changed to reflect version change. Please shoot me a PM or report your post on the next version so we can change it for you.

Great work!
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by jschramm97 View Post
    I do have a question though, where is the DB located on the Pre in USB mode in the event we want to back up off the device?
    I'm not sure for that. According to the Palm documentation ( when a DB is launched with openDatabase( "ext:checkbookData" ); ), it should be located at /media/internal and therefore visible in USB mode but it is not... I'm going to keep working on figuring this out though.

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    an option to add your own account type
    That is in the works right now, I only took my first little step into the appMenu with this release. I plan to have more options fleshed out for the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Title changed to reflect version change. Please shoot me a PM or report your post on the next version so we can change it for you.

Great work!
    Thanks

And thanks to everyone for your feedback on the app. It has made it a lot better, and we are only in the 2nd beta release.
    Just loaded the update, and a tip in the paypal kitty. =) The addition of colors and extra buttons, most helpful!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I love your efforts. I'm still using SPB finance on my 800w. I just can't bring myself to switch until I can import my CSV file. I'd really hate to lose my year of spending records. Also, I absolutely have to have recurring transactions. Especially since the PRE lacks the ability to have recurring tasks. I had to purchase classic just so that I had some option. But please continue with your efforts. It's coming along very nice and you are moving pretty fast. I will continue to follow your thread and download updates as you move along. I also made a lilttle donation. Thank you and keep up the good work.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by quietkvj View Post
    I just can't bring myself to switch until I can import my CSV file. I'd really hate to lose my year of spending records. Also, I absolutely have to have recurring transactions. Especially since the PRE lacks the ability to have recurring tasks.
    Believe me, I feel the same way about the import/export and recurring transactions. They are high on my dev list right now. If I can get the file picker working properly for me, Import will be in the next release (export might be there too).

For the recurring transactions, I think I have a work around to have them function... I still have a lot of framework to set up for them though, but they are coming along.
    Hey ryltar, I mention before and just wanted to see if you have any plans on adding a checkbox feature next to each transaction so that you can check it off once it cleares. and then for each account have the option to see cleared total and the entire total. This is a really cool feature I used all the time in splashmoney. I understand if this is not on your list just wanted to see if you have any thoughts on that.
  18.    #78  
    It is on the list right now and one of the things I am working on along with import/export, recurring transactions, and some better UI options. Not all of those may make it in the next release, but the framework is being developed.

I hope to have most everything that is on the Feature List in the original post as part of this application by V1.0 (which should be released before the App Catalog is open to the public, supposedly fall-ish), though some items in the Wishlist section will be difficult to accomplish either because I lack the software (never used Quicken) or because of potential security issues (i.e. online syncing with bank accounts)
    I enabled the developer mode on my Pre that I just bought 2 days ago just for this app. I also have plans to write one of my own that some people might like, but I'm not gonna hijack!

Anyways, great app. I always seem to overdraft my account(s) when I use manual methods of keeping track, but these electronic methods, I've never once overdrafted. This app will be a life (and money) saver for me!
    Ya this is a great app, Malefikus, why don't you check with ryltar and maybe you could both work together at making this app one of the best.
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast