Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Immediately purchased your app on the catalog to support you!

Also glad to report that I was able to easily import the .db file manually through USB mode.

Thanks again! Well morth my $2!
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    This will be the first app I buy from the app store.
    Congratulations on making it to the App Catalog. I saw it last night and immediately purchased it.

One question: has anyone noticed the App Catalog version is slower to load? I exported transactions from the Beta, then imported on the new. It took considerably longer to load up the transaction screen in the new program. The number of transactions is, of course, identical, so I don't know what the problem is. Ideas?

Thanks again!
    Actually, I noticed that the App Catalog version is 0.8220, and the homebrew version is 0.8224. That might be part of it.
  5.    #765  
    Quote Originally Posted by az.tracy View Post
    ryltar-

Few items:

1. Would it be possible to add in the export screen a "select/deselect all" box? I have quite a few accounts and sometimes I only want to export a few accounts. If I could deselect all accounts at once and then just check the few accounts I want, it would be easier.

2. When I "trim" the cleared transactions in an account, does the database still maintain those transactions somewhere or do they just disappear after the consolidated transaction is created? I'm just looking ahead to when you add in expense categories - if they disappear and you want to run an end of the year report on an expense category - it wouldn't include those transactions...

Thanks!!!
    1. I can do that.

2. It does remove all the old transactions at this time. For record keeping reasons, I do not see why you would need to remove the old ones. The DB is pretty small even with hundreds and thousands of transactions. But if you still wanted to, you could make use of the export feature before you trim the transactions.

I understand what you are saying there and I'll have to look into it better for those reasons... it will be interesting to figure out what to do there.

Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post

Also glad to report that I was able to easily import the .db file manually through USB mode.

Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    This will be the first app I buy from the app store.

Quote Originally Posted by musashi77777 View Post
    Congratulations on making it to the App Catalog. I saw it last night and immediately purchased it.

One question: has anyone noticed the App Catalog version is slower to load? I exported transactions from the Beta, then imported on the new. It took considerably longer to load up the transaction screen in the new program. The number of transactions is, of course, identical, so I don't know what the problem is. Ideas?

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by musashi77777 View Post
    Actually, I noticed that the App Catalog version is 0.8220, and the homebrew version is 0.8224. That might be part of it.
    It is. 0.8.224 is currently awaiting approval to the app catalog. It will hopefully be approved and updated soon. Check the changelog here to see what changes have been made since 0.8.220.
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post

Same here. Just purchased and imported my old .db through USB mode. I did have to rename the old one to the new one, but other than that, no problems! Thanks for a great app.
  7.    #767  
    just a note for those of you who moved the .db file, the 0.8.224 update may throw an error on the first launch. It'l be fine, just restart the app
    most used app on my phone many thanx
    4 1/2 stars after 39 reviews. I'm glad you're receiving the ratings you deserve after all the effort you put into this app. And after reading most of the reviews, not all of them are homebrew users supporting your app now that it's made it to the app catalog. As soon as I saw it available, I purchased it. Congratulations ryltar. I'm sure many WebOS users will find it very useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    2. It does remove all the old transactions at this time. For record keeping reasons, I do not see why you would need to remove the old ones. The DB is pretty small even with hundreds and thousands of transactions. But if you still wanted to, you could make use of the export feature before you trim the transactions.

I understand what you are saying there and I'll have to look into it better for those reasons... it will be interesting to figure out what to do there.
    I usually trim accounts right after I balance them - mainly because it is pretty easy to accidentally unclear an item by hitting that checkmark. Perhaps there could be an option to lock cleared transactions or maybe to have an option where you can "hide" cleared transactions so they are still there, but don't show in the transaction screen? (or both?) If the transactions are hidden, you would still want them to be included in the balance calculation of course.

Congratulations on the great response in the App Catalog - but then again, how can you not like this app? This is a great app!
    Ryltar, I imported the transactions to the app catalog version and I couldn't edit any of the transactions. I had to purge the entire account with all transactions and reinput all the data to be able to make changes. Will this be something I have to do all the time. That was very tedious.
  12.    #772  
    Aye, that is a known bug in the Catalog release. It showed up after the version was submitted to Palm. The fix is being reviewed currently and will hopefully be available soon. Sorry for the trouble.
    I also notice that when I tried to import from google docs, that even when I deselected some accounts it imported them all. And it wouldn't let me import all 12 checkbooks at one time.
    What methods, other than by hand, is everyone using to export their bank data and import it into a Google spreadsheet for importing their transaction data?

I tried exporting credit card and checking data into Sheet2 and Sheet3 of an OpenDocument Spreadsheet, with equations on Sheet1 to pull all of the data from Sheet2 and Sheet3 and put it in the proper format for Checkbook, and then uploaded that to my Google Docs, but that's tedious.

Any ideas for automating this?
  15.    #775  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I also notice that when I tried to import from google docs, that even when I deselected some accounts it imported them all. And it wouldn't let me import all 12 checkbooks at one time.
    Strange I'll look into it...

On a positive note: Checkbook has broken 1000 unique downloads! This is crazy, I only expected a dozen or so downloads. I am still working on fixing a few bugs and getting a few more features in place (including localization) but this is crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeInMKE View Post
    What methods, other than by hand, is everyone using to export their bank data and import it into a Google spreadsheet for importing their transaction data?

I tried exporting credit card and checking data into Sheet2 and Sheet3 of an OpenDocument Spreadsheet, with equations on Sheet1 to pull all of the data from Sheet2 and Sheet3 and put it in the proper format for Checkbook, and then uploaded that to my Google Docs, but that's tedious.

Any ideas for automating this?
    The first ones you set up will be tedious so you just have to grin and bear it. Once you get it setup I exported all my data back to google docs so that I can make the changes then.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Strange I'll look into it...

On a positive note: Checkbook has broken 1000 unique downloads! This is crazy, I only expected a dozen or so downloads. I am still working on fixing a few bugs and getting a few more features in place (including localization) but this is crazy!
    I am not suprised it is a great app. That goes to show when you take your time and do it right people recognize and support what you do. I do have a question, when you make changes and export back to google will that overwrite what you have or append it to the file already in google docs. Also is there anyway to make an automatic backup/export feature, say something that runs every night? That would save alot of people some headaches.
    Bought paid version of your app tonight, many thanx again...
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The first ones you set up will be tedious so you just have to grin and bear it. Once you get it setup I exported all my data back to google docs so that I can make the changes then.
    So you're not exporting from your bank and then importing to google docs on a frequent basis?

I used to use Quicken on my PC, and Pocket Quicken on my Treo, and I'd sync the banks, Quicken, and Pocket Quicken on my Treo every few days or so. Didn't matter how diligent I was at entering everything into Quicken or Pocket Quicken, there were always transactions recorded by my bank that I missed. That made the syncing necessary.

Just let me be clear: I am NOT complaining that this app isn't Pocket Quicken.
    I did my initial export but now that I am caught up I enter my transactions as they occur and make sure it is up to date. At the end of the month I download my transcations and cut and paste the ones I missed.