Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #741  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    That's good. I'm still looking convert document issue though. No solution as of yet, though the problem has been submitted to Google.
    Ryltar,

    I tried exporting again tonight and only selected the 18 accounts I normally would export. I did get an error part way through but this time it was "an unknown error" not the "convert document" error. If I am the only one having this error, I wouldn't spend too much time on it. It could be a number of things - Google - my wifi signal? I was able to subsequently export the accounts it missed on the first round - so I don't believe it is anything with your database. My wifi signal does drop at times - so this is very possible.

    Thanks!!
  2.    #742  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    I use your program as a budget progam rather than a checkbook. I know it is not what you necessarily intended, but it is helping me get past the lack of excel document editing on the pre.

    Every week I enter a deposit to represent my available funds and a expense line for everything I have to pay out. As expenses are realized I would go in and change the initial deposit and expense lines as need to be reflect the new account balance and adjusted expenses. I use to be able to go back and just change the line items I had already created, but now it is not saving the adjusted entry. I am having to delete the line and enter a new one. Hope that makes sense. Kinda hard to write out how I am using this program for something it wasn't really intended to be/do.

    Your suggestion fixed my other issue. Thank you.

    Thanks for this program as well. Not having a way to work my budget on my phone would have driven me back to windows no matter how much more I prefer the Pre.
    Okay, I'll take a look at it. I understand what your issue is. Keep an eye out for updates as it may be fixed without me announcing it (I do that sometimes >.<)

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalNight View Post
    0.8.224 is the fist version where I can export without getting a login error. Nice work.
    Shiny. Sorry for the lots of issues, I had to change something deep in the code. But it worked

    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    ryltar,

    I just saw the updates on your app. I had issues exporting the data to Google docs. After today's update, that problem solved. I am able to export my data. I am not sure what you fixed but thanks a lot for the fix. Hope this works all the time.

    Thanks once again....
    M
    That is good

    Quote Originally Posted by az.tracy View Post
    Ryltar,

    I tried exporting again tonight and only selected the 18 accounts I normally would export. I did get an error part way through but this time it was "an unknown error" not the "convert document" error. If I am the only one having this error, I wouldn't spend too much time on it. It could be a number of things - Google - my wifi signal? I was able to subsequently export the accounts it missed on the first round - so I don't believe it is anything with your database. My wifi signal does drop at times - so this is very possible.

    Thanks!!
    I'll keep trying to figure something out az.tracy. Sorry for your troubles.



    In other news, Checkbook was just accepted into the App Catalog! It'll be in the catalog in a few days (hopefully). If you purchase it and you have the beta version, do not move the .db file over. The versions and DB structures are different. Use the Import/Export functions to transfer your data. It should work for most/all people. If you must move the .db file over, wait until the 0.8.224 version comes out (which should only be a couple of days after the first one does). You will then have the same DB structure and can safely transfer your data.
  3. #743  
    Congratulations Ryltar!! Can't wait to see it in the App Store. You've done a great job here.
  4. dd7293's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #744  
    Found another little bug earlier today... It occurs when I go to "TRIM" an account to consolidate transactions. The process itself works fine. But once I go go back into the accounts screen, the account that I just "trimmed" zeros out if that account balance mode is set to "available" or "cleared". When you tap the header to that account after-wards, the available & cleared balance show zero while the final balance is accurate. This then subsequently changes your overall total account balances. I've been able to repeat the issue every time I trim an account.

    Also, not sure if it is an issue or not? but it is along the same line as the above problem. I have a "masked" account which is not supposed to alter the total balances in my main accounts. On the surface, this works as described. The masked account is totally separate from my main accounts. however, when I'm on the main accounts screen & I tap the header to reveal the drop-down balances (default, available, cleared, & final) I get balances that that actually include the "masked" account balance. I have to change the balance display mode of the masked accout to show only a cleared transaction balance and then not clear any transaction in that account so that the main accounts balances are properly accounted for.

    Hope this makes sense to you. Let me know if you need further clarification when you have time to look into it.

    And again Great App!!! Glad to hear it has finally been accepted into the app catalog. Definitely will be my first purchase. It is nice to see that all your time & effort will finally see some much deserved pay-out.
  5.    #745  
    Thanks dd7293, I'll check those out.
  6. Habious's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    #746  
    I noticed something yesterday that the app is doing...not really a glitch but just a very minor thing.

    I'll bring up an account...and the list of transations displays the last however-many items it can display (the newest transaction is at the bottom of the list).

    I hit "Expense" and enter a transaction.

    When I hit "Done", it takes me back to the transaction list but it doesn't automatically scroll down so that the transaction I JUST entered is visible. The now second-to-last-transaction (the one that was the last until I entered this new one) is the last on the list.
  7.    #747  
    Habious, that is known. I'm fixing it It bothers me too.
  8. Habious's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    #748  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Habious, that is known. I'm fixing it It bothers me too.

    Thanks. I kind of figured it might be...but this thread has seen a lot of use lately. Hard to keep up with every post.

    Glad you're on it!
  9. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #749  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Habious, that is known. I'm fixing it It bothers me too.
    I almost hate to mention it because it is such a small thing and I am used to it now...but I wanted to say that I think it wasn't always like that. It seems like a past version did scroll to the new one. IF this has not been pointed out I thought it might help you track down when it began.

    But again...it's fine with me now that I am used to it...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  10.    #750  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    I almost hate to mention it because it is such a small thing and I am used to it now...but I wanted to say that I think it wasn't always like that. It seems like a past version did scroll to the new one. IF this has not been pointed out I thought it might help you track down when it began.

    But again...it's fine with me now that I am used to it...
    It was like that before I made a speed update. I'm working to restore that ability.

    Also... Checkbook made an appearance in the catalog today!
  11. #751  
    Congradulations just saw it in the app catalog. Are you still going to be posting the updated version here first to get the bugs worked out before you submit to the catalog or is that a done deal now.
  12.    #752  
    Precentral will be getting updates first for a little while longer while the Checkbook Open Beta lasts.
  13. #753  
    That was my question is how much longer will the beta last? There have been several apps that as soon as they hit the app catalog and Palm did an update the app broke. Gdial pro, diet control are two that I can think of right now. So do we keep the homebrew and paid version or will there no longer be support for the homebrew?
  14. #754  
    Someone else might've already suggested, but can you have a newly-set pin confirmation (i.e., ask for pin twice when first setting it)? I apparently entered a different pin then what I had planned, so after I restarted the app, I couldn't access my accounts.

    Anyway, looks pretty good so far (reminds me of Splash Money). I'm about to buy the version on App Catalog, but it's rated only 2.5 stars! "Gordon G" gave it 0 stars because he didn't even use it before rating, and it's skewing the only other rater's 5 stars, lol.
  15. #755  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    Anyway, looks pretty good so far (reminds me of Splash Money). I'm about to buy the version on App Catalog, but it's rated only 2.5 stars! "Gordon G" gave it 0 stars because he didn't even use it before rating, and it's skewing the only other rater's 5 stars, lol.
    Oh $#@% me, I've already hit the dreaded app limit, so can't buy/download! If I use the Homebrew version until the limit's resolved, will exporting the homebrew version to App Catalog's version retain all data fields?
  16. #756  
    Everyone be sure to go and buy the app catalog version and give it a review for 5 stars. Its the least we can do for Ryltar after all he has done for us.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  17. #757  
    I purchased the app gave it five stars. The balances transfer fine but the thing that doesn't transfer is your display preferences. I forgot which one I had hidden so I have to go into each one to see it's status. The transfer was painless though. Thanks for the app.
  18. #758  
    Request:
    Add transaction categories & subcategories, and ability to filter by them.

    For example, for a credit card transaction, "Business : Meal". Filtering by these categories & subcategories would make expense tracking and tax time much easier.
  19.    #759  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    That was my question is how much longer will the beta last? There have been several apps that as soon as they hit the app catalog and Palm did an update the app broke. Gdial pro, diet control are two that I can think of right now. So do we keep the homebrew and paid version or will there no longer be support for the homebrew?
    The current Beta will probably last until Jan 1. That is just an arbitrary date set because I cannot think of anything better right now It'll probably be extended with each new beta version until I am happy with where the app is at.

    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    Someone else might've already suggested, but can you have a newly-set pin confirmation (i.e., ask for pin twice when first setting it)? I apparently entered a different pin then what I had planned, so after I restarted the app, I couldn't access my accounts.

    Anyway, looks pretty good so far (reminds me of Splash Money). I'm about to buy the version on App Catalog, but it's rated only 2.5 stars! "Gordon G" gave it 0 stars because he didn't even use it before rating, and it's skewing the only other rater's 5 stars, lol.
    I'll do that. Sorry for the trouble.

    Also Palm knows about the 0 star bug. They are working to fix it so that no stars doesn't hurt ratings in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    Oh $#@% me, I've already hit the dreaded app limit, so can't buy/download! If I use the Homebrew version until the limit's resolved, will exporting the homebrew version to App Catalog's version retain all data fields?
    It should do that once the App Catalog's version hits 0.8.224 (if you are moving the .db file) Right now the Beta has a more advanced DB structure. If you use the Import/Export functions, it'll work just fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Everyone be sure to go and buy the app catalog version and give it a review for 5 stars. Its the least we can do for Ryltar after all he has done for us.


    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I purchased the app gave it five stars. The balances transfer fine but the thing that doesn't transfer is your display preferences. I forgot which one I had hidden so I have to go into each one to see it's status. The transfer was painless though. Thanks for the app.
    Sorry about that. I may add a note to the import/export to say that it only transfers transactions, nothing else.

    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    Request:
    Add transaction categories & subcategories, and ability to filter by them.

    For example, for a credit card transaction, "Business : Meal". Filtering by these categories & subcategories would make expense tracking and tax time much easier.
    I am working on those. They are in line after recurring transactions which I am currently alpha testing. Once I get both those features, I'll add in sorting and filtering (and possibly budgeting).
  20. #760  
    ryltar-

    Few items:

    1. Would it be possible to add in the export screen a "select/deselect all" box? I have quite a few accounts and sometimes I only want to export a few accounts. If I could deselect all accounts at once and then just check the few accounts I want, it would be easier.

    2. When I "trim" the cleared transactions in an account, does the database still maintain those transactions somewhere or do they just disappear after the consolidated transaction is created? I'm just looking ahead to when you add in expense categories - if they disappear and you want to run an end of the year report on an expense category - it wouldn't include those transactions...

    Thanks!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions