Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is is possible to create a feature that would allow scheduled exports to Google Documents for backups?
  2.    #722  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbattle124 View Post
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is is possible to create a feature that would allow scheduled exports to Google Documents for backups?
    It is one thing I am looking at. The only reason I haven't done it yet is I need to learn how to make my app 'wake up' at intervals and export. I am also worried about upload time for this.

My goal is to have the automatic backup system only export new or edited transactions after an account has been synced with the server. But for that I would need to be able to afford an SQL server and set up a proper and secure interface for it.
    So when your app goes to the Catalog will the palm backup program back it up?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Ryltar,

Am I correct in thinking that you will be submitting this App on Monday for review and upload to the Palm App Catalog?

I'm not much of a beta tester, but I've been anxiously waiting for this App to be made available on the Palm App Catalog. Will we be seeing this in the next few weeks?
  5.    #725  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbattle124 View Post
    So when your app goes to the Catalog will the palm backup program back it up?
    It won't. Palm doesn't back up anything except a note that you own the app (if you download it via their catalog).

Quote Originally Posted by wassupTC View Post
    Ryltar,

Am I correct in thinking that you will be submitting this App on Monday for review and upload to the Palm App Catalog?

I'm not much of a beta tester, but I've been anxiously waiting for this App to be made available on the Palm App Catalog. Will we be seeing this in the next few weeks?
    Hopefully
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Ryltar,

I stepped outside my comfort zone and downloaded the app. It works great!

As always, there's a 'but'. I can't login to Google Docs and export the data I've entered. I looked through the thread to find an answer but I wasn't able to come upon it.

Every time I attempt to login, the program says 'Retrieving the Authorization Key...' and then I get the:

Error: Did you enter your username and password correctly?

Did I miss a work around that you had posted here? I'm working with the most current release: v0.8.223.

Any help you could give would be marvelous. Thank you again for what is probably one of the best apps available for the Pre. Take care, TC
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Ryltar,

I stepped outside my comfort zone and downloaded the app. It works great!

As always, there's a 'but'. I can't login to Google Docs and export the data I've entered. I looked through the thread to find an answer but I wasn't able to come upon it.

Every time I attempt to login, the program says 'Retrieving the Authorization Key...' and then I get the:

Error: Did you enter your username and password correctly?

Did I miss a work around that you had posted here? I'm working with the most current release: v0.8.223.

Any help you could give would be marvelous. Thank you again for what is probably one of the best apps available for the Pre. Take care, TC
    I have tried entering my username as just the username by itself and also with username@gmail.com. I've triple checked to make sure I've input the correct password. I've tried more than one Google account, each of which I've used documents before. Just wanted to answer a question you may have had...Thanks again.
  8.    #728  
    I have tried entering my username as just the username by itself and also with username@gmail.com. I've triple checked to make sure I've input the correct password. I've tried more than one Google account, each of which I've used documents before. Just wanted to answer a question you may have had...Thanks again.
    Was just about to ask those

Well the message you saw, it means that Google wasn't happy with the username/password combo. I'll look into it to see if there is anything funny going on with it though.
  9.    #729  
    Uploading a new version, should be available for download shortly. No major changes, but should fix intermittent log in issues for the Import/Export systems, please check this if you have been having issues.

Changes v0.8.224 [11/22/2009]
    • Changed large indicator on accounts page to small on in header
    • Change for better log in handling for import/export systems
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Uploading a new version, should be available for download shortly. No major changes, but should fix intermittent log in issues for the Import/Export systems, please check this if you have been having issues.

Changes v0.8.224 [11/22/2009]
    • Changed large indicator on accounts page to small on in header
    • Change for better log in handling for import/export systems
    Just updated and tested the export. I did get another error: There has been an error: Could not convert the document.

I tried it twice. It doesn't seem to be the same account ever. I have 52 accounts - so I then went in and only exported part of them, and still got it.

I don't have any problems signing in though, but didn't before either.
  11.    #731  
    I am looking through to find what I can about the "Could not convert the document" error. Since it doesn't seem to be happening on the same account twice, it may be a Google issue... I'm not 100% sure though and I'll keep looking.

An update on the issue. It seems to be a random occurrence bug with Google. A ticket has been submitted about the issue so hopefully I will hear back about it soon.
    Last edited by ryltar; 11/23/2009 at 08:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Just updated and the Export worked for me... Still my #1 App and cant wait till its out of beta and in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Ryltar,

Just had a chance to install the update that you put out today and the export worked like a charm! Thank you for your help.

TC
  14.    #734  
    Ryltar,

Just had a chance to install the update that you put out today and the export worked like a charm! Thank you for your help.

TC
    That's good. I'm still looking convert document issue though. No solution as of yet, though the problem has been submitted to Google.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    As I really love this app, I can only support Ryltar to get it as soon as possible in the official app catalog and earn some money with it. I will most certainly buy it, but...

please keep it available as homebrew at least as long as the current issues with the app catalog for European users are solved:
    - No paid apps as of 1.3.1
    - People using a Pre outisde of the officially supported 4 countries are currently totally blocked from using the app catalog

Thx!!!
    I have release .8.224 and entering dollar amounts is a chore. For some reason now it wants to add the decimal for me while I am entering it. So if I am trying to enter 8.17 I might get 817.00.

Also, it is not letting me edit entries and then save them like it did before.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
  17.    #737  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    I have release .8.224 and entering dollar amounts is a chore. For some reason now it wants to add the decimal for me while I am entering it. So if I am trying to enter 8.17 I might get 817.00.

Also, it is not letting me edit entries and then save them like it did before.
    Check to see if you have the account setting "ATM Mode" checked. That might be what is causing the strangeness with the decimals. That function is designed to allow the user to tap the numbers without need for a decimal (ie tap 817 would give you 8.17) It might have gotten accidentally turned on in a recent release...

As to the not letting you edit entries, could you be a little clearer? I am afraid I do not understand what you mean.
    I use your program as a budget progam rather than a checkbook. I know it is not what you necessarily intended, but it is helping me get past the lack of excel document editing on the pre.

Every week I enter a deposit to represent my available funds and a expense line for everything I have to pay out. As expenses are realized I would go in and change the initial deposit and expense lines as need to be reflect the new account balance and adjusted expenses. I use to be able to go back and just change the line items I had already created, but now it is not saving the adjusted entry. I am having to delete the line and enter a new one. Hope that makes sense. Kinda hard to write out how I am using this program for something it wasn't really intended to be/do.

Your suggestion fixed my other issue. Thank you.

Thanks for this program as well. Not having a way to work my budget on my phone would have driven me back to windows no matter how much more I prefer the Pre.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    0.8.224 is the fist version where I can export without getting a login error. Nice work.
    ryltar,

I just saw the updates on your app. I had issues exporting the data to Google docs. After today's update, that problem solved. I am able to export my data. I am not sure what you fixed but thanks a lot for the fix. Hope this works all the time.

Thanks once again....
    M