Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. Is your version of Checkbook loading extremely slow now? I just noticed this on my Pre though it is happening on scenes I changed nothing on.
    Load speed seems fine.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

2.    #702  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    Load speed seems fine.
    Arg... I'm having issues with load speed on my version. It almost seems like the DB is not being queried at all and I can't fracking figure out why. Worked fine on the emulator but not on my Pre... annoying.
    Arg... I'm having issues with load speed on my version. It almost seems like the DB is not being queried at all and I can't fracking figure out why. Worked fine on the emulator but not on my Pre... annoying.
    My speed seems to be fine also.

I really didn't think I would like running balances at all, but thought I'd at least try it out. Turns out that a few accounts absolutely love it. You did a great job in incorporating it.

This really is my most used and favorite app on the Pre. You've done excellent work here and its great how responsive you are to the users.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Absolutely love the app. Have been using it since day one! Just updated to the new version & so far so good for the most part.

I have experienced one little glitch ( no pun intended)... I can't go back into certain individual transactions to edit them after the fact. I can get into transaction details screen but the 'DONE' button doesn't register. I have to swipe to get out of transaction detail screen. And then, the edits are not registered. Kinda weird in that it seems to just affect some individual transactions but not all of them.

Not a big deal but thought I would pass it along to you.

Thanks again for the app & all the time, work & effort you have put into it.
    Ryltar-

One thing I noticed that doesn't affect functionality at all. In the Preferences screen for Show Running Balance, it says the amount will be shown in parentheses. However, they aren't in parentheses. Personally, I like how they show up, but you may want to edit the text in the Preferences screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    Love Running Balance. You found a way to make it look great.

One thing, though ... you might wanna have it check to see if you're sorting "newest on top." :-) My running balance looks a leeeeetle bit strange.
    Ohhh i thought it was just me when i was like ***?! lol then i did what you said and sorted by newest last option and everything works great! Keep up the great work and no speed issue here at all.
  7.    #707  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    Ohhh i thought it was just me when i was like ***?! lol then i did what you said and sorted by newest last option and everything works great! Keep up the great work and no speed issue here at all.
    Yah... I was silly and treated both the loading styles the same. If you have a different sort turned on, it looks even stranger I'm fixing that now and a few other issues. It'll be online later today.

Quote Originally Posted by az.tracy View Post
    Ryltar-

One thing I noticed that doesn't affect functionality at all. In the Preferences screen for Show Running Balance, it says the amount will be shown in parentheses. However, they aren't in parentheses. Personally, I like how they show up, but you may want to edit the text in the Preferences screen.
    Oops. I originally wrote it that way, but didn't like how it looked. I'll fix the wording.

Quote Originally Posted by dd7293 View Post
    Absolutely love the app. Have been using it since day one! Just updated to the new version & so far so good for the most part.

I have experienced one little glitch ( no pun intended)... I can't go back into certain individual transactions to edit them after the fact. I can get into transaction details screen but the 'DONE' button doesn't register. I have to swipe to get out of transaction detail screen. And then, the edits are not registered. Kinda weird in that it seems to just affect some individual transactions but not all of them.

Not a big deal but thought I would pass it along to you.

Thanks again for the app & all the time, work & effort you have put into it.
    Is it random? Or are they specific types? ie transfers vs income vs expense.

My speed seems to be fine also.

I really didn't think I would like running balances at all, but thought I'd at least try it out. Turns out that a few accounts absolutely love it. You did a great job in incorporating it.

This really is my most used and favorite app on the Pre. You've done excellent work here and its great how responsive you are to the users.
    Okay, so the speed issue is random and seems to only be my Pre. I wonder if it is related to the number of transactions in the system... shouldn't though... arg
  8.    #708  
    Quote Originally Posted by dd7293 View Post
    I've been able to isolate the cause of this. It is related to my issues as well. It seems the SQL transactions are backing up and clogging the flow for some reason. I'm looking into it though as of now I am stuck...
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    ryltar,

I've noticed the same issue with editing transactions and the "Done" button not working. It only does this with Transfers and Income. Editing expenses seems to work fine.
    Not sure if I am understanding the running totals correctly but it looks like it is not adding deposits to the running total. It just subtracts everything. I show a -1092.00 in my checking when it should be +660.00. The total at the top is correct but not the running total under each transaction. Any ideas?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

11.    #711  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Not sure if I am understanding the running totals correctly but it looks like it is not adding deposits to the running total. It just subtracts everything. I show a -1092.00 in my checking when it should be +660.00. The total at the top is correct but not the running total under each transaction. Any ideas?
    I did something wrong for people who have the sort with newest at the top. I am fixing it now.
  12.    #712  
    Everyone, what version of webOS are you using? I'm trying isolate this issue...
    1.3.1 here.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Everyone, what version of webOS are you using? I'm trying isolate this issue...
    webOS 1.3.1 - Checkbook 0.8.220

I'm not sure which item you are currently looking at, but my speed seems fine. I do have the issue with not being able to edit transfer transactions.
  15.    #715  
    webOS 1.3.1 - Checkbook 0.8.220

I'm not sure which item you are currently looking at, but my speed seems fine. I do have the issue with not being able to edit transfer transactions.
    The issue with editing is actually relating to what I am calling the speed issue. The problem is when I access the database, it creates a transaction. These db transactions seem to queue up and back up. When they are backed up, the system is unable to proceed and this can cause parts of the app to break because I depend on the db transactions to alert me when they are done so I can proceed. If they are backed up and you exit a scene, changes don't get made. So it is all related and it seems to be linked either to webOS 1.3.1 or the SDK for 1.3.1...
    great job, I think this is a really useful app. One feature I think you could add to improve this app would be the ability to have the app sync online with banks to automatically fill in new transactions and adjust balances. I know I personally have credit and debt cards with different banks and being able to see an updated balance on all my accounts in one location would save me a lot of time, but I don't have the time to add each purchase I make right away and sometimes I forget which purchases I still need to add, or which card I used for what, so I have to go online and check with the bank. If the app could do this for me it would make my life much easier and I am sure I am not the only one. Of course I would leave the syncing as optional for those who are worried about getting their account info stolen. I would also reccoment implementing a pin code for the app as a security messure before adding online banking syncronizition.
  17.    #717  
    Quote Originally Posted by djice15 View Post
    great job, I think this is a really useful app. One feature I think you could add to improve this app would be the ability to have the app sync online with banks to automatically fill in new transactions and adjust balances. I know I personally have credit and debt cards with different banks and being able to see an updated balance on all my accounts in one location would save me a lot of time, but I don't have the time to add each purchase I make right away and sometimes I forget which purchases I still need to add, or which card I used for what, so I have to go online and check with the bank. If the app could do this for me it would make my life much easier and I am sure I am not the only one. Of course I would leave the syncing as optional for those who are worried about getting their account info stolen. I would also reccoment implementing a pin code for the app as a security messure before adding online banking syncronizition.
    I would like to do this but I am not sure the Pre itself could handle it. I am looking around for alternate options to allow this though. It is a feature I would love to have. Easiest way would be to sweet talk Mint.com or another place like that into working with me

As a side note, you can implement PIN locks for the program and for individual accounts now. They are located in the preferences scene and the add/edit account scene (for accounts it is under account options).
  18.    #718  
    Changes v0.8.223 [11/21/2009]
    • Running Balance stabilization
    • Fix for items being un-editable
    • Minor fixes

Let me know what works and what doesn't. This is being sent to Palm on Monday if there are no big bugs. Update should be accessible soon.
    Changes v0.8.223 [11/21/2009]
    • Running Balance stabilization
    • Fix for items being un-editable
    • Minor fixes

Let me know what works and what doesn't. This is being sent to Palm on Monday if there are no big bugs. Update should be accessible soon.
    Updated and did a few quick transactions and tests. I can go in and edit transfers and income entries without a problem.

However, I do seem to have a lag now. I can enter the transaction screen of any account without problem. But when I exit the transaction screen of any account, it appears to go to the account listing screen but then will show the circular loading symbol for about a second before popping back to the account listing screen being active. This happens whether I have made a change in the account or not. It's only like a second or so, so it's definitely not a big issue.

Hopefully that all makes sense. If not, let me know and I can try to grab a screenshot.

I'm also having an intermittent issue with exporting to Google Docs. I'll get the following message and the export will stop:

Error

There has bas been an error: An unknown error has occurred.

It does not happen on the same account and the accounts that it has happened on, I have been able to export on a separate attempt. It may be an issue on Googles end though. Not a big deal for me, since I prefer to just copy the whole database off and save it on my computer as a backup.

Thanks for the update!
  20.    #720  
    Updated and did a few quick transactions and tests. I can go in and edit transfers and income entries without a problem.

However, I do seem to have a lag now. I can enter the transaction screen of any account without problem. But when I exit the transaction screen of any account, it appears to go to the account listing screen but then will show the circular loading symbol for about a second before popping back to the account listing screen being active. This happens whether I have made a change in the account or not. It's only like a second or so, so it's definitely not a big issue.

Hopefully that all makes sense. If not, let me know and I can try to grab a screenshot.

I'm also having an intermittent issue with exporting to Google Docs. I'll get the following message and the export will stop:

Error

There has bas been an error: An unknown error has occurred.

It does not happen on the same account and the accounts that it has happened on, I have been able to export on a separate attempt. It may be an issue on Googles end though. Not a big deal for me, since I prefer to just copy the whole database off and save it on my computer as a backup.

Thanks for the update!
    The quick popup of the circular symbol is my fault. I left that in there from lag testing. It'll be gone soon. As to your problem with Google, I am not sure what to do. I think it is a google server issue because they are telling me that something happened, but they don't know what. I'll try to find out more but as the error said, it is unknown.