Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Only issue I have right now is since Im importing from my bank exported file it should balance and in excel it does but the program show in the red.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    well they are the same page i'm looking around to find the issue. Could you tell me what version you are using swtmelrose?
    I got it. My fault :-)
  4.    #684  
    Quote Originally Posted by TMcGuire17 View Post
    Only issue I have right now is since Im importing from my bank exported file it should balance and in excel it does but the program show in the red.

I got it. My fault :-)
    Glad you were able to figure it out. If I may ask, what was the issue? I can put it in the FAQ for other users.

Quote Originally Posted by swtmelrose View Post
    Okay, thanks. I'm not 100% sure what it could be right now, but if I cannot figure it out I'll put a debug alert in so we can find out what is causing the issue.
    I'm working offshore and unable to get my Pre online to download the latest versions.

I am currently running version 0.7.99 and I'm wondering what, if any, complications might arise moving from that to the latest version (Keep in mind I won't update for a few more days due to limited coverage)

Thanks again for the app.....
  6.    #686  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenadas View Post
    I'm working offshore and unable to get my Pre online to download the latest versions.

I am currently running version 0.7.99 and I'm wondering what, if any, complications might arise moving from that to the latest version (Keep in mind I won't update for a few more days due to limited coverage)

Thanks again for the app.....
    I don't think you'll suffer any problems since you are using 7.99. The latest version still has the update routines in it. If you can, i'd suggest making a backup of the data just in case because I did do a database update recently... I will double check past versions though to make sure; but I am 90% sure that all will go well. There may be another update soon but i'll keep the update subroutines around.
    Any news on a update.
  8.    #688  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Any news on a update.
    Soon. I am waiting first to hear back from Palm about why Checkbook was rejected and fix that before the next release. Repeating transactions are almost done, they are just finicky sometimes.

Update: I will putting out a release tonight. Not sure of the time; it depends on one of two things happening. I get too annoyed with the recurring transaction system or I finish it. I do have a list of 8 items included in the next release which include several bug fixes, minor changes (mainly for the Pixi), and the ATM-mode feature.
    Last edited by ryltar; 11/16/2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Update notice
  9.    #689  
    Changes v0.8.200 [11/16/2009]
    • ATM Mode (Auto-Decimal System)
    • Account screen balance change - tap header
    • Import warning when proper columns are not found
    • Updated items for Pixi compatibility
    • Import/Export internet connection check
    • Update Add/Edit Account screen
    • Transitioned to Palm's new support scene
    • Minor fixes

Recurring transactions are not in this version. They are almost there. I am just having a bit of trouble setting them up for two situations. The first is where transactions occur in the past and have come to pass several times before the current day. The second is deleting them. Either of these situations cause a bug right now so I took out most of the code relating to them for the release. Don't worry, another release will be out soon with those items in it.

The update is currently propagating through the systems. It should be available soon.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=ryltar;2041550]Changes v0.8.200 [11/16/2009]
    [LIST][*] ATM Mode (Auto-Decimal System)

Thanks for my present! I am going to send you one now :-)

Note though that I need to check something... I doubt it has anything to do with checkbook but just in case, I update Preware and Checkbook at same time...only 2 things I changed. Now when I close slider the phone dies and then reboots only after putting on the Touchstone...

Just in case anyone else sees this...Still my favorite app no matter what! D.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  11.    #691  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Note though that I need to check something... I doubt it has anything to do with checkbook but just in case, I update Preware and Checkbook at same time...only 2 things I changed. Now when I close slider the phone dies and then reboots only after putting on the Touchstone...

Just in case anyone else sees this...Still my favorite app no matter what! D.
    That is troublesome, but I don't think Checkbook could cause it. I don't do anything low level with it (couldn't get into the app catalog if I did). I also updated both Checkbook and Preware at the same time but I didn't get this issue...
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    That is troublesome, but I don't think Checkbook could cause it. I don't do anything low level with it (couldn't get into the app catalog if I did). I also updated both Checkbook and Preware at the same time but I didn't get this issue...
    Right... I checked a few more times and I don't think it's Checkbook and maybe not even preware. I think it may have stopped altogether....

Thanks! D.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Recurring transactions are not in this version. They are almost there. I am just having a bit of trouble setting them up for two situations. The first is where transactions occur in the past and have come to pass several times before the current day. The second is deleting them.
    I'm not sure how you're handling these, but my memory of how others solve this is that recurring transactions are just individual transactions created by a separate process. You'd have a second table that's accessed either when you open the app or when you "clear" a transaction. That table tells the program to create a new transaction in the future that conforms to the cycle pattern.

This might solve the deletion problem since the transactions aren't tied together.
    Sorry for the delay! The problem was that the bank doesn't allow me to download ALL the ledger history it was a couple weeks short so I had to do a balance adjustment and viola. :-)
  15.    #695  
    Right... I checked a few more times and I don't think it's Checkbook and maybe not even preware. I think it may have stopped altogether....

Thanks! D.
    That is good! Hopefully it doesn't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by bjmacke View Post
    I'm not sure how you're handling these, but my memory of how others solve this is that recurring transactions are just individual transactions created by a separate process. You'd have a second table that's accessed either when you open the app or when you "clear" a transaction. That table tells the program to create a new transaction in the future that conforms to the cycle pattern.

This might solve the deletion problem since the transactions aren't tied together.
    I am doing something similar to that, it is mainly just a logistical problem that I am having (just trying to figure out the best way to do it for longevity).

Quote Originally Posted by TMcGuire17 View Post
    Sorry for the delay! The problem was that the bank doesn't allow me to download ALL the ledger history it was a couple weeks short so I had to do a balance adjustment and viola. :-)
    Ah, okay. Well that is good that you figured out what the situation was.
    [Now when I close slider the phone dies and then reboots only after putting on the Touchstone...
    hdhuntr-

(Off Topic) I was having problems with my pre crashing when I would close the slider at any speed other than really, really slow. There's at least one thread on the forum about this problem. Typically it is caused by a loose battery. I've heard you can take it to Sprint (if they are your carrier) and they will give you a new battery that is a little larger. I haven't tried that though. I just folded up some paper and slid it in to make the battery fit tighter. Now I don't worry about how fast the slider closes shut. I've only had it crash once since then. Hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by az.tracy View Post
    hdhuntr-

(Off Topic) I was having problems with my pre crashing when I would close the slider at any speed other than really, really slow. There's at least one thread on the forum about this problem. Typically it is caused by a loose battery. I've heard you can take it to Sprint (if they are your carrier) and they will give you a new battery that is a little larger. I haven't tried that though. I just folded up some paper and slid it in to make the battery fit tighter. Now I don't worry about how fast the slider closes shut. I've only had it crash once since then. Hope this helps!
    Thanks... I should have pointed out that I was familiar with this before the post. It wasn't a HW problem and it wasn't Checkbook. Still working on that it was... Now we can all get back to praising ryltar for the best WebOSApp available...
  18.    #698  
    Version Update

Changes v0.8.220 [11/20/2009]
    • Running Balance (enabled via account preferences menu)
    • Minor fixes

I know, I know. Another one with out repeating transactions. Sorry. I need to push this one out for testing because I need to send a version to Palm.
    Version Update
    Love Running Balance. You found a way to make it look great.

One thing, though ... you might wanna have it check to see if you're sorting "newest on top." :-) My running balance looks a leeeeetle bit strange.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

20.    #700  
    Thanks for pointing that out. Is your version of Checkbook loading extremely slow now? I just noticed this on my Pre though it is happening on scenes I changed nothing on.