887 Global Posts
    "Why don't you call me sometime when you have no class"
  3.    #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by TMcGuire17 View Post
    Is it 4 yet? :-)
    It is now

I actually just got home. I haven't had chance to work on it yet though :/
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    As to the vote, recurring transactions it is. I'll work double time on those since I actually don't have an exam or a paper due this week O.o
    AWESOME! App looks good, but that's the one thing I really need to make this app useable for me. Most of my expenses come out of recurring transactions.
  5.    #665  
    TMcGuire17, I am working on that bug. I don't have anything as of yet, but I'll make to sure make it known when the update is available that fixes the issue.
    thanks!
    having problem with 'done' button not working since last update.
  8.    #668  
    Quote Originally Posted by swtmelrose View Post
    having problem with 'done' button not working since last update.
    Which done button on what page?

I'm still working on the import issue as well. Can't replicate it so I am trying to build it to be more robust.
    What do you mean by auto draft option?
    I have insurance that comes out every month the same day. I would like it to auto deduct it from my account. And even a schedule would be nice because my car insurance is different a few months of the year.

Some Ideas

Under each transaction have it show your total amount during that transaction at that given time. This would make it much easier to find mistakes when comparing bank statements.

-Have an area that shows all your auto drafts (reoccurring charges) and have a count down of days before each one.
    for instance

cell phone $56.........3 days
    car ins. $65.........5 days
    Home Ins $50..........10 days
    ryltar,
    One thing to mention. I noticed when exporting data from the bank it doesn't give a starting or ending/running balance. Perhaps this is causing confusion?
  11.    #671  
    ryltar,
    One thing to mention. I noticed when exporting data from the bank it doesn't give a starting or ending/running balance. Perhaps this is causing confusion?
    That shouldn't change things... PMing.
    YGM
    when I try to 'done' a new expense.
  14.    #674  
    when I try to 'done' a new expense.
    Okay, I'll look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Okay, I'll look into it.
    I'm such a dunce, I meant income, not expense. Sorry.
  16.    #676  
    YGM
    Okay, I figured out why the system did what it did. Because of how I programmed it and some of the limitations of processing power and personal knowledge the system needs specific column names to import a file. The first row of the spreadsheet must have the following columns: account, accountCat, date, amount, description, cleared, note. Otherwise it cannot create a proper record of the data and has the potential to put the data in the wrong spot.

I'm going to add in some checks and notifications for it now so that a user isn't caught un-aware of its basic requirements to import a file. I'll also update the first page of the import so it is more obvious of what is needed. When I am done with it the system should notify the user that the proper columns are not found and ask them if they want to continue.

I'm such a dunce, I meant income, not expense. Sorry.
    Well they are the same page I'm looking around to find the issue. Could you tell me what version you are using swtmelrose?
    Cool.
    So then to understand the data to modify the spreadsheet account would be the account name, accountCat - category?, and the rest are self explanatory. Do the columns have to appear in that order or can they exist in the order I provided just renamed?
  18.    #678  
    Cool.
    So then to understand the data to modify the spreadsheet account would be the account name, accountCat - category?, and the rest are self explanatory. Do the columns have to appear in that order or can they exist in the order I provided just renamed?
    The fields can be in any order, I use Google's APIs to grab the first row as the column names and progress from there.

account = Name of the account
    accountcat = Category of the account; since you can have multiple accounts with the same name, the category is used to differentiate them from each other
    Great! It took a couple of go's but Ive got it all in. Not to bad once you get the spreadsheet columns. Definitely want to do it in excel and up it! :-) google editing sucks. Had to close the program and open it a couple times. It would not import the data after a few failed attempts. Closed it and reopened and it accepted the test data. The date can be in any format. After the test file worked upped the real data and BAMB. Went right in only took a couple of seconds for 204 rows. SWEET! Thanks for you help.
  20.    #680  
    Great! It took a couple of go's but Ive got it all in. Not to bad once you get the spreadsheet columns. Definitely want to do it in excel and up it! :-) google editing sucks. Had to close the program and open it a couple times. It would not import the data after a few failed attempts. Closed it and reopened and it accepted the test data. The date can be in any format. After the test file worked upped the real data and BAMB. Went right in only took a couple of seconds for 204 rows. SWEET! Thanks for you help.
    Sorry it was so difficult to get up and running. I plan (one day if I can spare the time) to move the import system to my website so that it is more powerful and able to let the user choose which columns go where and what-not.