Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    It has been over an hour, and no Google spreadsheets....is there some setting over on Google that I missed? I did a test spreadsheet on Google.

I have not tested the Import....

I am at a loss.
  2.    #602  
    Strange... I'm not sure. I'll keep digging and see if I can find any reason for this issue. Have you ever successfully exported it in the past?
    I decided to test the import.

All those missing spreadsheets I exported now appeared as checked selections under IMPORT on my phone.

Is this right? I had like 17 spreadsheet selections and in reality only have 4 accounts in checkbook.

No, I never tried to export before.
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeNoga View Post
    I decided to test the import.

All those missing spreadsheets I exported now appeared as checked selections under IMPORT on my phone.

Is this right?
    Okay. It seems that Google is being dumb then. The export worked properly. The spreadsheets exist online but are not showing up... I wonder why though...

As to all them being checked selections, Checkbook auto selects spreadsheets with "[Checkbook]" in the title. I'm probably going to remove that though because it gets annoying with more than one export set.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Okay. It seems that Google is being dumb then. The export worked properly. The spreadsheets exist online but are not showing up... I wonder why though...

Ya, even the test spreadsheet sitting over at Google Docs DOES NOT even show up as a spreadsheet I can import.

Glad, we got this cleared up, and Checkbook is running flawless. You may want to say something in the HELP..otherwise you may be bombarded by new users who might not understand Google may not update timely.

Is there some kind of synching I am overlooking? Is there a setting on the Pre I missed?
  6.    #606  
    Ya, even the test spreadsheet sitting over at Google Docs DOES NOT even show up as a spreadsheet I can import.

Glad, we got this cleared up, and Checkbook is running flawless. You may want to say something in the HELP..otherwise you may be bombarded by new users who might not understand Google may not update timely.

Is there some kind of synching I am overlooking? Is there a setting on the Pre I missed?
    Shouldn't be. This may be a dumb question, but are you using the same google account on the Pre and online?
    Shouldn't be. This may be a dumb question, but are you using the same google account on the Pre and online?

Great Question. Yes. I use the same acct as it is my ONLY acct.

I use Google Calender a lot and everything sync's flawless. I never used DOCS until you gave us the power of exporting/importing...
  8.    #608  
    Great Question. Yes. I use the same acct as it is my ONLY acct.

I use Google Calender a lot and everything sync's flawless. I never used DOCS until you gave us the power of exporting/importing...
    Rather odd... I'll send Google a message about this. Maybe they know what is up.
    It has been 12 hours, and gonna check ....IT IS THERE!

Problems resolved....must have been Google hiccup, or one of the servers pathing the info.

Looking at the field names, it did not match in the order you recommend under HELP to setup for the import - Does it matter? If I setup the field names exactly like HELP says, will it work?

Example, you have space between account category in HELP vs. what is actually field titled in spreadsheet. Folks most likely will put a space between the 2 words since it was listed that way in HELP.
    Last edited by LeeNoga; 11/08/2009 at 09:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Changes v0.8.136 [11/7/2009]
    • Ability to change the type of a transaction from expense to income and back
    • Autosuggestion fix (should be working better now)
    • Masked accounts now have a blue title
    • Bug fixes

I think I've ironed out most of the bugs that were listed. Please let me know if you find more.
    Love the auto-suggest fix - works great. Love the blue. Love that you added the ability to switch btw expense and income.

I realize I don't fully understand the rules for parentheses on the main account page. I see my credit cards are blue title with green amount (credit remaining) and no parenthesis. And I see that an Other account for tracking business expenses has blue title, green text (positive balance), and parenthesis. I am not sure why one has and the other doesn't. Also, I was thinking that you would eliminate the parenthesis now that you are doing blue title (which I thought was a great approach since it did not mask account status).

As an aside, my business expense Other account is all transfers from main checking. That way I record paying the money in one place and also add up this special category for tax purposes in another place. Someday it would probably be nice to come up with a cleaner way to do this. At the same time, kudos that your app has enough features to enable a fairly reasonable way to accomplish what I wanted.
  11.    #611  
    It has been 12 hours, and gonna check ....IT IS THERE!

Problems resolved....must have been Google hiccup, or one of the servers pathing the info.

Looking at the field names, it did not match in the order you recommend under HELP to setup for the import - Does it matter? If I setup the field names exactly like HELP says, will it work?

Example, you have space between account category in HELP vs. what is actually field titled in spreadsheet. Folks most likely will put a space between the 2 words since it was listed that way in HELP.
    The fields listed under Help should be the minimum you need to create a proper record. It doesn't have all the extra fields, but that honestly doesn't matter. You could import 10,000 records of just an amount and it would work fine. I'll double check to make sure the Help setup matches for minimum fields needed.

Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    I realize I don't fully understand the rules for parentheses on the main account page. I see my credit cards are blue title with green amount (credit remaining) and no parenthesis. And I see that an Other account for tracking business expenses has blue title, green text (positive balance), and parenthesis. I am not sure why one has and the other doesn't. Also, I was thinking that you would eliminate the parenthesis now that you are doing blue title (which I thought was a great approach since it did not mask account status).
    I'll double check that. I am removing the parenthesis, must have forgotten it. Though I am not sure why some show them and some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    As an aside, my business expense Other account is all transfers from main checking. That way I record paying the money in one place and also add up this special category for tax purposes in another place. Someday it would probably be nice to come up with a cleaner way to do this. At the same time, kudos that your app has enough features to enable a fairly reasonable way to accomplish what I wanted.
    I am looking to add expense categories in the future. With those categories, I'll be adding a tool which will allow you to view a chart of your spending in the past time frame. I'll add another tool with which you can set a budget and see how you are faring on your expenses.
  12.    #612  
    Changes v0.8.140 [11/8/2009]
    • Decreased average loading time of Transaction Screen
    • Updated notes about importing data
    • CAPTCHA notification from Google
    • Fixed a few bugs

As always, let me know what is good and what is not. The update should propagate through the pipes soon.
    • Fixed a few bugs

As always, let me know what is good and what is not. The update should propagate through the pipes soon.
    just updated. What is CAPTCHA notifications?
    Checkbook or whatever name it was has alwayz on my Treo since my 650. When I got the Pre I kept my 755 bcause of that app! With Checkbook & Spades my Pre is complete. Keep up the great work!
    What version are you using? What version did you update from?

Also could you check each account settings (by editing them) and see if they are something other than Show Account? That will cause the total balance to appear off.
    That did the trick! Thanks man!!

Cant wait for it to appear on the app catalog! we can still use our old databases can we?
    • Fixed a few bugs

Ryltar,

I just updated to 0.8.14. I went to add an account and it seems to add fine, but when I try to open the account it just sits there loading. I let it sit for a few minutes and never stopped trying to load. My existing accounts seem to open fine.

Thanks for all your hard work!
  17.    #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    just updated. What is CAPTCHA notifications?
    CAPTCHA is something Google does at times to make sure you aren't a bot. I haven't been able to cause it via Checkbook (even with entering my password wrong 10 times) but I put it in just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    That did the trick! Thanks man!!

Cant wait for it to appear on the app catalog! we can still use our old databases can we?
    You'll be able to move the file from the Beta version to the Live version just by drag and drop. You can also export/import if you don't want to do that :P

Quote Originally Posted by az.tracy View Post
    Ryltar,

I just updated to 0.8.14. I went to add an account and it seems to add fine, but when I try to open the account it just sits there loading. I let it sit for a few minutes and never stopped trying to load. My existing accounts seem to open fine.

Thanks for all your hard work!
    Oops... I'll look into that. Sorry!

Edit: I figured out the issue with new accounts, az.tracy. I'll upload the new version later today. I'm hoping to fix another bug first I've had first as well.
    Last edited by ryltar; 11/09/2009 at 08:20 AM.
  18.    #618  
    Changes v0.8.142 [11/9/2009]
    • Remove issue which could cause a memory leak
    • Fixed lag issue with clearing a transaction via the check box
    • re-enabled tap and hold options on transaction screen
    • fixed issue where empty accounts don't fully 'load'

The update should be fully available soon.
  19.    #619  
    Just got a message today about an error during install via my website. If your error was "Error Installing: See IPKG Log, ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during "install" operation", make sure the package manager service is installed if you are using Preware. I tried to respond via email to you, but the email address was invalid.
    Thanks so much for this app. I had to replace another pre. I'm on number 3. I was so worried about losing all my checkbook info! I exported it last week before doing a full erase on my phone and kept records by hand until today. (Just finally had a chance to finish tweaking and downloading my apps!) I imported the info back in and entered the last weeks transactions, BINGO! It's perfect!!!!!! THANKS!! Also the update on being able to tap the top and get the available and cleared balances is awesome.