Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by az.tracy View Post
    I've been using this app for a few weeks now and think you have done a wonderful job with it. I have completely transitioned to using this rather than Microsoft Money and am very happy with it. I have found a few issues though:

1. I have a transfer entered from my checking account to a credit card account. When I cleared the transaction in the checking account - it also marked the transaction cleared in the credit card screen, even though I hadn't received the statement for that account yet. You should be able to clear one side of the transaction without affecting the other side of the transfer.

The remaining issues are mainly cosmetic:

1. When viewing the accounts screen, I have some positive balances that show in green but have parenthesis around the numbers where they should not be.

2. When I open a credit card account, the balance at top shows in red as it should. However, if I change the balance type I want to view at top, it now shows the balance in green with a negative sign - shouldn't it be red? If I exit the screen and re-enter, it then shows it in red.

3. When I "trim" the cleared transactions from an account, it doesn't always refresh the screen. It will add the combined entry - but still show the cleared transaction also. If I exit the account and reenter it, the cleared transactions disappear.
    Thanks for pointing out those errors. I'll get them fixed and I'll also look into unlinking the cleared function when editing a transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    1)the transaction list screen does not refresh automatically after checking that a transaction is cleared--leaving the screen and going back makes the check show permanently--can you fix this?
    2)could you allow for the enter button on the keyboard to function like the on-screen 'okay' button when entering the pin code?

thanks for your work on this--I'm looking forward to its future!
    I'll see what I can do on the first item. For the second, I am trying to get that to work.

Quote Originally Posted by AcousticBruce View Post
    Anyway...
    -I would like to change a transaction from expense to income or vise-versa.
    I actually put five transactions in as income and couldnt figure out how to change them to expense. So I deleted and made new.

-I would like to type things in like "123.77 + 98.48" and it add that for me.

-Instead of going to a new menu for date and time. Just make the buttons in the transaction input menu (same screen as I type in the amount). might save loading time (instead of loading a new option page.

-add a auto draft option...

These features would just make this ridiculously amazing!!!

-In the transaction input screen I would like to pick from a drop down list (user defined categories) and attach them to a transaction.
    then have the ability to check a graph of where my money is spent.
    such as a pie chart, bar graphs, or even percentages.

-Have a budgeting tool. For instance... 200 a month on groceries. So every time I add the (user defined) catagory of groceries, it subtracts from my budget.
    I just added an expense of 50 dollars at the grocery store, because I added the user defined category of groceries it subtracted 50 from my 200 limit. Now my budget says I have 150 left for groceries for November.
    now i did get this idea from SPB Finance on windows mobile.

Do any of these sound like you might implement them in the future?
    Thanks again for the software. I hope this give you some ideas that you can use.

MikeBruce
    I am working on your first suggestion, it is something I would like as well. I can try to do the adding system, but there is a high chance for user's to do something wrong with that system. I'll look into it though.

I don't think I'll move the date/time buttons into the main page. It would become very bloated looking. I'm also looking to replace the default date buttons with a calendar and that would take up even more space.

Could you explain what you mean by auto-draft?

I am working on transaction categories, they are not on the top of my priorities list right now though. They will be implemented with a budgeting feature too.

Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    I believe I had a similar problem. Could not get my checkbook to balance after the update to .130. Prior to the update I exported by db to Google. I noticed that one transaction was duplicated, duplicated gtld and all. This was only visible in export view, not in the app itself. From the app, I deleted that transaction and then recreated it. Immediately in the app that appeared to have duplicated another transaction so I deleted that also from within the app. Now my balance appears good and I don't see any more duplicates when I export.
    That is strange that you have gotten duplicate transactions. How long have you been using checkbook? It might be an issue from updating the DB so many times...

Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    What is "Available" balance? Or how is that calculated?
    Available balance (as stated in the add/edit account screen) "Includes all transactions up to current date/time." This means it will add up all the transactions up to the current date/time be they cleared or uncleared.

Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Since the latest update now also all (except future) UNcleared transactions show up in the total balance. I actually depended a lot on the feature that NO uncleared transactions appear in the total balance. Hopefully this feature can be added in again (as an option maybe, to turn on or off in line with user preference)
    If you are using 0.8.130 you can tap the header and change the visible balance on the transaction screen. This is now account specific and can be changed on the fly when viewing the transaction screen.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    I am sorry for your frustration. Try updating to beta version 0.8.130, that will allow you easier access to the switching of balances now. You can just tap the header for them to appear.

As to file coaster not mentioning the change, that is troublesome. I think it only pulls the application description from the homebrew page. The only place I keep updated with changes like that are on this thread.

You don't have worry about any more massive DB changes. Checkbook is very close to going to the app catalog. All that is pending is testing right now.

Everyone who purchases the App Catalog version will have a (hopefully) stable user experience and no longer have to worry about partially untested versions. With the import/export system (or just copying the db file over), you'll be able to preserve all your data. If you are having trouble with the import or export system, please let me know! I only know of one or two users who are having very specific issues. I am working with a friend a google to try and resolve those problems.
    Version .130 fixed the problem and works fine. Thank you.

One minor question - Is there any way to remove individual Auto-Complete items? I have some with different case, or shorter than I want now, or even with misspellings. For example, if I type "ga", I get "Ga" "Gas" "GasN". (GasN is legit). Worse, when I click on "Gas", it then Auto-Completes again and offers "Gas" "GasN".
  3.    #583  
    Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    Version .130 fixed the problem and works fine. Thank you.

One minor question - Is there any way to remove individual Auto-Complete items? I have some with different case, or shorter than I want now, or even with misspellings. For example, if I type "ga", I get "Ga" "Gas" "GasN". (GasN is legit). Worse, when I click on "Gas", it then Auto-Completes again and offers "Gas" "GasN".
    I'll look into adding an auto-complete ignore section in the preferences.

I know about the repeating auto-complete bug. I originally didn't find it because I tapped too fast. It was based on not offering a suggestion if no new input occurred after 0.5 seconds. I added a function to ignore changes for another small chunk of time if you tap a suggestion. That'll be out in the next version along with many other bugs fixes.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I've been using this app for a few weeks now and think you have done a wonderful job with it. I have completely transitioned to using this rather than Microsoft Money and am very happy with it. I have found a few issues though:

1. I have a transfer entered from my checking account to a credit card account. When I cleared the transaction in the checking account - it also marked the transaction cleared in the credit card screen, even though I hadn't received the statement for that account yet. You should be able to clear one side of the transaction without affecting the other side of the transfer.

The remaining issues are mainly cosmetic:

1. When viewing the accounts screen, I have some positive balances that show in green but have parenthesis around the numbers where they should not be.

Attachment 36453Attachment 36454

2. When I open a credit card account, the balance at top shows in red as it should. However, if I change the balance type I want to view at top, it now shows the balance in green with a negative sign - shouldn't it be red? If I exit the screen and re-enter, it then shows it in red.

Attachment 36455

3. When I "trim" the cleared transactions from an account, it doesn't always refresh the screen. It will add the combined entry - but still show the cleared transaction also. If I exit the account and reenter it, the cleared transactions disappear.

Attachment 36456Attachment 36457

Like I said, you have done a great job with this application.

Thanks!!!
    about cosmetic #1 - The parenthesis in the account screen are probably for accounts that you are showing, but not allowing to contribute to the grand total balance on that screen. It is a way of indicating that. I was in favor of parenthesis but I am starting to think maybe coloring blue would be better.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    For Auto-Completes that I want to remove or correct, do I just need to find the original transaction? Or is a list maintained?
  6.    #586  
    For Auto-Completes that I want to remove or correct, do I just need to find the original transaction? Or is a list maintained?
    You can modify the original transaction. It currently only pulls from a list of transactions in the DB.
    Ryltar, my ACcount balance (on the main page where all the accounts are) is not very accurate. WHen i total all my accounts (checking minus credit cards) manually, i am actually in the rgreen. But the main page i am several thousand in the red.

Really frustrating. I tried overwriting my previous backup prior to the upgrade (which broke the pin code).
  8.    #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Ryltar, my ACcount balance (on the main page where all the accounts are) is not very accurate. WHen i total all my accounts (checking minus credit cards) manually, i am actually in the rgreen. But the main page i am several thousand in the red.

Really frustrating. I tried overwriting my previous backup prior to the upgrade (which broke the pin code).
    What version are you using? What version did you update from?

Also could you check each account settings (by editing them) and see if they are something other than Show Account? That will cause the total balance to appear off.
    about cosmetic #1 - The parenthesis in the account screen are probably for accounts that you are showing, but not allowing to contribute to the grand total balance on that screen. It is a way of indicating that. I was in favor of parenthesis but I am starting to think maybe coloring blue would be better.
    You are correct! I just went in and checked the affected accounts and they were set to "mask". Not sure why I ever set one of my main accounts to "mask" but I must have. I think that feature is great, now that I understand why it is showing like that. You may be right though that blue may be a better option.
  10.    #590  
    You are correct! I just went in and checked the affected accounts and they were set to "mask". Not sure why I ever set one of my main accounts to "mask" but I must have. I think that feature is great, now that I understand why it is showing like that. You may be right though that blue may be a better option.
    And here I was trying to figure out why a bug may be occurring

I may change it to blue, but I'm not sure. I like how it is red or green depending on account status...
    And here I was trying to figure out why a bug may be occurring

I may change it to blue, but I'm not sure. I like how it is red or green depending on account status...
    Sorry about that.

Hopefully you hadn't spent too much time on it.

Maybe you could do different shades of red and green. Like have it bold if the account is set to "show". For masked accounts it could be a really light color?
  12.    #592  
    Sorry about that.

Hopefully you hadn't spent too much time on it.

Maybe you could do different shades of red and green. Like have it bold if the account is set to "show". For masked accounts it could be a really light color?
    I'm playing around with style options.

Quote Originally Posted by dump71
    1)the transaction list screen does not refresh automatically after checking that a transaction is cleared--leaving the screen and going back makes the check show permanently--can you fix this?
    What version are you using? I could not replicate this with the latest version. Also, what version of webOS are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by dump71
    2)could you allow for the enter button on the keyboard to function like the on-screen 'okay' button when entering the pin code?
    I cannot get this working at this time. Palm doesn't allow for an keypress/keydown/keyup event listener on text fields yet. I'm checking for a work around.
  13.    #593  
    Changes v0.8.136 [11/7/2009]
    • Ability to change the type of a transaction from expense to income and back
    • Autosuggestion fix (should be working better now)
    • Masked accounts now have a blue title
    • Bug fixes

I think I've ironed out most of the bugs that were listed. Please let me know if you find more.
    • Bug fixes

I think I've ironed out most of the bugs that were listed. Please let me know if you find more.
    Perfect!
    • Bug fixes

Just upgraded and did a quick test of a few things and everything looks great. Thanks for fixing the "clear" issue on transfers. Love the blue text for masked accounts. Great job!
    Love the app, I been a fan since you first released it, and I will definatily buy it. The program tells me it exported the data but when I go to google docs, there are NO spreadsheets.

Version - V.8.130
  17.    #597  
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeNoga View Post
    Love the app, I been a fan since you first released it, and I will definatily buy it. The program tells me it exported the data but when I go to google docs, there are NO spreadsheets.

Version - V.8.130
    Hmm... I don't have a situation where that could happen unless there were no accounts selected to export. There were no errors shown? And you logged in fine, selected the accounts to export and click Export Accounts?

You might try upgrading to 0.8.136 and see if it happens again. It may also be that Google is being a little slow. Try waiting five minutes and heading back to google docs using the same account that you used with the export system.

On a separate note: The import function seems to be slow on grabbing data. I'm not sure if it is my side or Google's, but I'll work on figuring it out.
    I selected 4 accounts, and it said it was uploading 1 of 4, 2 of 4, and then told me it was Done...so it had ALL appearances of successfully exporting to Google.

I use Preware and not sure how to upgrade to .8.136 without losing data...

I checked Google Docs and nothing.....will check in a couple of hours...and if you can tell me it is possible to upgrade without backing up my data, I will do this now :-)

Thanks!
  19.    #599  
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeNoga View Post
    I selected 4 accounts, and it said it was uploading 1 of 4, 2 of 4, and then told me it was Done...so it had ALL appearances of successfully exporting to Google.

I use Preware and not sure how to upgrade to .8.136 without losing data...

I checked Google Docs and nothing.....will check in a couple of hours...and if you can tell me it is possible to upgrade without backing up my data, I will do this now :-)

Thanks!
    Upgrading using Preware will not cause you to loose any data (as long as you don't remove it). I'll look into the export system and see if I can find anything.
    I upgraded to .8.136 and it also had the appearances of successfully exporting to Google. To date, no time stamped spreadsheets are appearing on Google Maybe it is Google's servers, and I will check Google often to see if the data appears.

Thanks for all your efforts!