Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Did you remove the add to future feature? It used to take away from my balance if I scheduled a payment for future. I really liked that feature.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

2.    #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Did you remove the add to future feature? It used to take away from my balance if I scheduled a payment for future. I really liked that feature.
    It is currently removed. I am making a change to how the balance on the transaction page is done. This change will also carry over into the accounts page for each accounts balance.

So once I get this done (hopefully today), you'll be able to select which balance you want to see on the transactions page by tapping the balance. It will open a drop down with the different balances visible and labeled. You'll then be able to tap one of them and that will become the default balance for the account until you change it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    It is currently removed. I am making a change to how the balance on the transaction page is done. This change will also carry over into the accounts page for each accounts balance.

So once I get this done (hopefully today), you'll be able to select which balance you want to see on the transactions page by tapping the balance. It will open a drop down with the different balances visible and labeled. You'll then be able to tap one of them and that will become the default balance for the account until you change it again.
    Will the running balance fix the purge issue?
    I finally ran a purge lsat night due to getting the loading page at 90% initially. When i did that it threw off my balance. I fixed it by adding a new starting balance. Hope this helps anyone in my boat till hopefully this new balance update helps fix this bug.

Once again thanks for this awesome app. so far its the 2nd most used app... behind music and well.. internet
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I had no issues updating. The Pin lock and export reset though. other then having to re-enter a pin code and my google account info, i dont have any issues yet. No lost data.
  5.    #565  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Will the running balance fix the purge issue?
    I finally ran a purge lsat night due to getting the loading page at 90% initially. When i did that it threw off my balance. I fixed it by adding a new starting balance. Hope this helps anyone in my boat till hopefully this new balance update helps fix this bug.
    Purge deletes the transactions completely and Trim will delete them, but keep the balance. I guess I need to somehow make that clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    I had no issues updating. The Pin lock and export reset though. other then having to re-enter a pin code and my google account info, i dont have any issues yet. No lost data.
    I had to redo the entire preferences data file so all settings were lost there, sorry about that. But when the beta is over, you'll have to do that anyways Which is why I am trying to get the import/export features set up totally and to eventually have syncing with a remote server.
  6.    #566  
    Changes v0.8.125 [11/6/2009]
    • Quick swap of balance views (Transaction Scene)
    • Ability to set balance view per account (Add/Edit Account Scene)
    • Bug fixes
    Update should be download-able in just a few minutes.

I'm trying to make this more visible, but to select the balance on the Transaction Scene, tap the header. If you have suggestions for more balance modes (see add/edit accounts for their descriptions) or a way to make that more visible as a button, let me know.

If you find a bug, let me know asap. I'm going to be sending this into the submission pile soon.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    The balance swap is well implemented
    Works perfectly! Thank you great app!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I have said lots of positive things so forgive my frustration today. I really regret downloading .125 this morning. First, I did not read forum first and the changelog visible from File Coaster only said please help debug. It did NOT mention database change. Second, your change to the prefs appears to have a bug and now on a day when it was critical to me I cannot balance my account. I do not think I had the "include future" checked, but now when I check or uncheck a transaction the balance area shows "updating.." for a second and then goes back to the exact same balance. I suspect I need to toggle the prefs I no longer have access to.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Tapping on the balance is not doing the switch for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    Did you download the newest version 0.8.130? That should help you out.
  12.    #572  
    I have said lots of positive things so forgive my frustration today. I really regret downloading .125 this morning. First, I did not read forum first and the changelog visible from File Coaster only said please help debug. It did NOT mention database change. Second, your change to the prefs appears to have a bug and now on a day when it was critical to me I cannot balance my account. I do not think I had the "include future" checked, but now when I check or uncheck a transaction the balance area shows "updating.." for a second and then goes back to the exact same balance. I suspect I need to toggle the prefs I no longer have access to.
    I am sorry for your frustration. Try updating to beta version 0.8.130, that will allow you easier access to the switching of balances now. You can just tap the header for them to appear.

As to file coaster not mentioning the change, that is troublesome. I think it only pulls the application description from the homebrew page. The only place I keep updated with changes like that are on this thread.

You don't have worry about any more massive DB changes. Checkbook is very close to going to the app catalog. All that is pending is testing right now.

Everyone who purchases the App Catalog version will have a (hopefully) stable user experience and no longer have to worry about partially untested versions. With the import/export system (or just copying the db file over), you'll be able to preserve all your data. If you are having trouble with the import or export system, please let me know! I only know of one or two users who are having very specific issues. I am working with a friend a google to try and resolve those problems.
    any comments on pricing, future features, and how long you are gonnna try support the app? since moving from palm (650) to winmo i never could find an easy to use money tracker. Needless to say this one so far is awesome. especailly since i got to partake in the beta.

p.s. cant wait till its offically in the app catalog. will be the first app i purchase
  14.    #574  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    any comments on pricing, future features, and how long you are gonnna try support the app? since moving from palm (650) to winmo i never could find an easy to use money tracker. Needless to say this one so far is awesome. especailly since i got to partake in the beta.

p.s. cant wait till its offically in the app catalog. will be the first app i purchase
    I will keep supporting Checkbook for as long as I use the program, so count on at least two years. If I end up making a web interface for it so that Checkbook lives in the cloud, I'll support it longer than that since I will be able to adapt it to new systems but keep the data alive.

Checkbook is going to start out at 1.99$ I think. It may change around new years depending on the feature set, but it will only change for new users.

Here is a list of things I want Checkbook to have mostly in the order of what I want most
    • Decrease loading time of Transactions page
    • Localization
    • Repeating transactions
    • Transaction categories
    • Ability to add future or repeating transactions to calendar
    • Ability to sort by date, description, or cost on the fly
    • Running balance
    • Online interface & sync (maybe)(may have a separate fee to support server costs)
    I've been using this app for a few weeks now and think you have done a wonderful job with it. I have completely transitioned to using this rather than Microsoft Money and am very happy with it. I have found a few issues though:

1. I have a transfer entered from my checking account to a credit card account. When I cleared the transaction in the checking account - it also marked the transaction cleared in the credit card screen, even though I hadn't received the statement for that account yet. You should be able to clear one side of the transaction without affecting the other side of the transfer.

The remaining issues are mainly cosmetic:

1. When viewing the accounts screen, I have some positive balances that show in green but have parenthesis around the numbers where they should not be.

1-checkbook_2009-07-11_000618.jpg2-checkbook_2009-07-11_000630.jpg

2. When I open a credit card account, the balance at top shows in red as it should. However, if I change the balance type I want to view at top, it now shows the balance in green with a negative sign - shouldn't it be red? If I exit the screen and re-enter, it then shows it in red.

3-checkbook_2009-07-11_000652.jpg

3. When I "trim" the cleared transactions from an account, it doesn't always refresh the screen. It will add the combined entry - but still show the cleared transaction also. If I exit the account and reenter it, the cleared transactions disappear.

4-checkbook_2009-07-11_000945.jpg5-checkbook_2009-07-11_000956.jpg

Like I said, you have done a great job with this application.

Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    1)the transaction list screen does not refresh automatically after checking that a transaction is cleared--leaving the screen and going back makes the check show permanently--can you fix this?
    2)could you allow for the enter button on the keyboard to function like the on-screen 'okay' button when entering the pin code?

thanks for your work on this--I'm looking forward to its future!
    ryltar,

I wanted to say I am thankful for this app. This will keep my account from going negative!!!

I wanted to also list a couple of things I see that is needed. This is in no way a complaint, I just want to help you rise to the top if I can

Anyway...
    -I would like to change a transaction from expense to income or vise-versa.
    I actually put five transactions in as income and couldnt figure out how to change them to expense. So I deleted and made new.

-I would like to type things in like "123.77 + 98.48" and it add that for me.

-Instead of going to a new menu for date and time. Just make the buttons in the transaction input menu (same screen as I type in the amount). might save loading time (instead of loading a new option page.

-add a auto draft option...

These features would just make this ridiculously amazing!!!

-In the transaction input screen I would like to pick from a drop down list (user defined categories) and attach them to a transaction.
    then have the ability to check a graph of where my money is spent.
    such as a pie chart, bar graphs, or even percentages.

-Have a budgeting tool. For instance... 200 a month on groceries. So every time I add the (user defined) catagory of groceries, it subtracts from my budget.
    I just added an expense of 50 dollars at the grocery store, because I added the user defined category of groceries it subtracted 50 from my 200 limit. Now my budget says I have 150 left for groceries for November.
    now i did get this idea from SPB Finance on windows mobile.

Do any of these sound like you might implement them in the future?
    Thanks again for the software. I hope this give you some ideas that you can use.

MikeBruce
    Last edited by AcousticBruce; 11/07/2009 at 10:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    I believe I had a similar problem. Could not get my checkbook to balance after the update to .130. Prior to the update I exported by db to Google. I noticed that one transaction was duplicated, duplicated gtld and all. This was only visible in export view, not in the app itself. From the app, I deleted that transaction and then recreated it. Immediately in the app that appeared to have duplicated another transaction so I deleted that also from within the app. Now my balance appears good and I don't see any more duplicates when I export.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    What is "Available" balance? Or how is that calculated?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Forget it what I just posted, the different types of balances do the trick