Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Everyone likes a little trim now and then.
    Maybe the checkbook could have an optional "archive." The user can set the checkbook to move transactions to archive every N days or N transactions, with separate archives for each account. Then naturally, you can go back and view the archived transactions.

This may be the biggest undertaking in a while for this program. Maybe I'm wrong; I don't program. Fantastic work so far.
  3.    #543  
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    Maybe the checkbook could have an optional "archive." The user can set the checkbook to move transactions to archive every N days or N transactions, with separate archives for each account. Then naturally, you can go back and view the archived transactions.

This may be the biggest undertaking in a while for this program. Maybe I'm wrong; I don't program. Fantastic work so far.
    That could be a little complicated, I'll add it to the wishlist for now and re-evaluate its difficulty later.

In other news Version Update! The ipk will be updated shortly. The new version is already uploaded.

Changes v0.8.123 [11/5/2009]
    • Account Prefs & Prefs have been combined removing a few options and moving others to be account specific
    • Import will no longer duplicate transactions that were exported from Checkbook (providing that you do not remove the item ID in the exported file)
    • Import now allows you to import multiple spreadsheets at a time
    • Export now allows you to export one, several, or all of your accounts
    • Focus will automatically jump to the amount after autocomplete tapped
    • Minor styling changes
    • Minor bug fixes

Back up your data before updating! This version will update the DB big time so there is a small possibility of lost data.
    Last edited by ryltar; 11/05/2009 at 06:07 PM.
  4.    #544  
    It seems that version 0.8.12 is the one currently available in some sources. Be warned that in 0.8.12 the Import feature is a little wonky. It may not work correctly due to a sorting issue. This was fixed in 0.8.123 which should push through shortly.
    Two things
    1st. The PIN LOCK on the main peference screen doesnt seem to save. Only seems to work when i put it on in account settings.
    2nd. When you get pin wrong it should clear txt field automatically to retype again with out having to clear it out manually.

Other then that upgrade went smooth and everything is fine. Thx
  6.    #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    Two things
    1st. The PIN LOCK on the main peference screen doesnt seem to save. Only seems to work when i put it on in account settings.
    2nd. When you get pin wrong it should clear txt field automatically to retype again with out having to clear it out manually.

Other then that upgrade went smooth and everything is fine. Thx
    Thanks for pointing that out and I'll add in your suggestion now. I'll be posting another update in about an hour to give time for any other obvious bugs.
    This app is great me and the wife use it the most thank you. Is this gonna be final release before app catalog submission?
  8.    #548  
    This app is great me and the wife use it the most thank you. Is this gonna be final release before app catalog submission?
    Nearly. I may push a few updates out to fix bugs, but the feature set is this one.

Just watch out when sharing the exported files. Checkbook creates the transaction ids linearly so if you use two different Pres to change the data, some items may overwrite other items.

Update: I am getting reports of a few errors in the import system. I'll see what I can do about them.
    Last edited by ryltar; 11/05/2009 at 07:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    My database had an issue with the update. I saw what appeared to be an error while it was udpating.. maybe something about insertion, I forgot exactly what it said. What are my options now? I have the backup of the original. Can I go back to the previous version of the app (can you provide link) and my backed up database?
  10.    #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    My database had an issue with the update. I saw what appeared to be an error while it was udpating.. maybe something about insertion, I forgot exactly what it said. What are my options now? I have the backup of the original. Can I go back to the previous version of the app (can you provide link) and my backed up database?
    Did you back it up via saving the database file or via google documents?

If you did it with google docs, you can just import the transactions. Make sure you do a clean install of checkbook though.

If you saved the db file, you can try an earlier version. I'm trying to figure out the error in the update code. Give me some time though... it is being annoying.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but is the ability to select whether or not to include future and cleared transactions in the displayed balance still there? The only balance that currently shows is the checkbook balance as of today's date - it includes cleared transactions, but not future transactions. Ideas?

Thanks again for a great program! Can't wait to buy it in the app catalog!
  12.    #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by musashi77777 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but is the ability to select whether or not to include future and cleared transactions in the displayed balance still there? The only balance that currently shows is the checkbook balance as of today's date - it includes cleared transactions, but not future transactions. Ideas?

Thanks again for a great program! Can't wait to buy it in the app catalog!
    They were removed. Those preferences were causing trouble with the old set up. I will soon have the new transaction scene ready where you will be able to dynamically change the balance. The system will save your current view.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Did you back it up via saving the database file or via google documents?

If you did it with google docs, you can just import the transactions. Make sure you do a clean install of checkbook though.

If you saved the db file, you can try an earlier version. I'm trying to figure out the error in the update code. Give me some time though... it is being annoying.

I saved the db file (doh, should've done the easy way). Can you provide a download link to the previous version?
  14.    #554  
    I saved the db file (doh, should've done the easy way). Can you provide a download link to the previous version?
    Heh. Here is the link to 0.8.0. That should allow you to re-install and save your data. I'm currently trying to get the update working better.

Question though... think you could re-install your old db file and get me the exact text of the error if possible? That would help a bunch in fixing the issue... If not, that is fine.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Thank you. Here is the error..

16.    #556  
    Thank you. Here is the error..

http://i33.tinypic.com/2445tl4.png
    Okay, I know the cause and now have to figure out the cure.

Also, I found another bug. Some transactions will show up as transfers even if they are not. Working on fixing that.
  17.    #557  
    Updated to 0.8.125 which fixed an error where you could not import transactions that didn't have a gtId value. It'll be in the system in a couple minutes. Should also fix the error that fareal posted.
    I updated with no issues

Two suggestions:

1. Export feature needs to be scheduled ie daily, weekly or .... (for backups)
    2. Still need to be able to see cleared vs uncleared balance

Thank you
    This is minor but just trying to help.
    -The pin lock seems to save correctly now and the field wipes automatically as it seems when you enter in the wrong code. But when you press the next number to retry code it brings up the last numbers you punched.
  20.    #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbattle124 View Post
    I updated with no issues

Two suggestions:

1. Export feature needs to be scheduled ie daily, weekly or .... (for backups)
    2. Still need to be able to see cleared vs uncleared balance

Thank you
    Those are in the works. I have to decrease the loading time of the Transactions panel and then I'll be able to implement the multiple balances.

I am working on getting scheduled stuff to work, be it recurring transactions or exportation. The documentation I have on headless apps (which is what those features would make checkbook) is kinda slim.

This is minor but just trying to help.
    -The pin lock seems to save correctly now and the field wipes automatically as it seems when you enter in the wrong code. But when you press the next number to retry code it brings up the last numbers you punched.
    Thanks for finding those. I've been over this app so many times, I am missing stuff.