Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by TeGe View Post
    after download and installation - it's a very nice app, thanks a lot
    But my largest pleasure would be a translation in german or a language pack for german users.

If necessary I could assist you in translating something.

br
    TG
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the offer. I am working on making it so I can localize Checkbook better and hopefully it will have a few languages included by the time it is out of Beta.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    1st off let me say this app has helped me regain control of my finances ( I LOVE this app)

2nd I feel $1.99 to $3.99 would be a fair price with the current feature set.

3rd..please fix this bug when you can, i am manually updating my Google docs.
    (it isn't fun).

Thank you

Ronnie
  3.    #523  
    Quote Originally Posted by renaldok View Post
    1st off let me say this app has helped me regain control of my finances ( I LOVE this app)

2nd I feel $1.99 to $3.99 would be a fair price with the current feature set.

3rd..please fix this bug when you can, i am manually updating my Google docs.
    (it isn't fun).
    I am working to repair the issues in the import/export system. Hopefully I'll be able to release this update soon with the fixes implemented.
  4.    #524  
    Hey guys, please keep an eye on Checkbook. I am going to be pushing an update out soon (sometime tonight) and I'll need to you test it as fast as you can. Cause once you verify that this version works, it will be going to the app catalog submission process. This update will be minor, just fixing the import/export issues that are currently there.

I need testing done before I can push Checkbook further through the portal. While not everything I want is in the app yet, I'll keep working on it and Precentral will get the first view of a beta version.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Thank you for the notice--I'm looking forward to the update!
  6.    #526  
    Notice: Please test the update heavily. This weekend I am sending it to Palm for official review. I need to catch any and all bugs possible. The IPK should be updated when I post this, but the date (and therefore the updated status) will still be the same until a mod changes it.

This is not the massive update I've been talking about. This is a intermediate version to prep for App Catalog submission.

Changes
    • Import feature fixed
    thanks for the update, what was wrong with the import feature before
  8.    #528  
    More or less a cares of the stupid for me. I was capitalizing var names that were not capitalized was the main issue. There were a few other small things, but they should be good now.

I also think I got the log in issues; those were more complicated so let me know if they work. Make sure you enter your log in data fresh.
    Import and export work great for me now. Logging in was no problem as well. I tried messing around with different setting, deleting and re-entering transactions, and checking and unchecking the clear boxes. Everything seems pretty stable, and the math never was off. I'll play with it more over the next day or two, but so far so good.
    Still export is not working for me. Getting username and password error again and again!! I am going to try deleting this app and start again and let me hope it works!

Thanks
    M
    my app: Pedometer
  11.    #531  
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    Still export is not working for me. Getting username and password error again and again!! I am going to try deleting this app and start again and let me hope it works!

Thanks
    M
    my app: Pedometer
    PM sent to try and figure out the issue.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Hey guys, please keep an eye on Checkbook. I am going to be pushing an update out soon (sometime tonight) and I'll need to you test it as fast as you can. Cause once you verify that this version works, it will be going to the app catalog submission process. This update will be minor, just fixing the import/export issues that are currently there.

I need testing done before I can push Checkbook further through the portal. While not everything I want is in the app yet, I'll keep working on it and Precentral will get the first view of a beta version.
    Import works great for me now! Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    So far no bugs... I had an issue with hidden accounts after updating. The Fix was changing the "Hidden account display" back to Show accounts. I was showing "2" as the selected option... I will check the export later.

Please let us know if this will work well with WebOS 1.3.

I saw someone throw out a price range earlier and I think $5 is a good price for this app.
    Just one quick question:

Does the app store data in an encrypted form (or is there an option to do so?). That's pretty much the only thing that would stop me from buying or using it ... If I'm going to put all my financial info on my phone, I need to know it cannot be extracted by a thief (or a govt agent ... lol)
    This is a great app, and I fully intend to pay for it when it hits the App Catalog.

A couple of features I'd like:

- A source select for Income (Deposit, Refund, Credit, Paycheck, e.g.) and Expenses (Debit, Check (incrementing), Fee, ATM, e.g.).

- Autofill for recurring entries. E.g., if I select Comcast, it would autofill payment and source info).

Basically, I really, really like BankBook4 for PalmOS. I think it was nearly perfect, in terms of functions. I'd love to see Checkbook match BB4's functionality on the slicker, prettier webOS.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

16.    #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    Just one quick question:

Does the app store data in an encrypted form (or is there an option to do so?). That's pretty much the only thing that would stop me from buying or using it ... If I'm going to put all my financial info on my phone, I need to know it cannot be extracted by a thief (or a govt agent ... lol)
    Checkbook only stores the information you put into it. The data is dissociative, so account names aren't next to transactions though it isn't too hard to figure out the link. The program does have the option for a pass code to keep snoopers out of the app or even specific accounts.

If someone gets their hands on your device it doesn't matter if it is encrypted to be honest... They'll be able to pull the data out and plug it into their own device and read the data as if it were their own.

Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    This is a great app, and I fully intend to pay for it when it hits the App Catalog.

A couple of features I'd like:

- A source select for Income (Deposit, Refund, Credit, Paycheck, e.g.) and Expenses (Debit, Check (incrementing), Fee, ATM, e.g.).

- Autofill for recurring entries. E.g., if I select Comcast, it would autofill payment and source info).

Basically, I really, really like BankBook4 for PalmOS. I think it was nearly perfect, in terms of functions. I'd love to see Checkbook match BB4's functionality on the slicker, prettier webOS.
    Never messed with BB4, but I intend to have those features in future versions.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I really appreciate such a quick response / Fix.
    Hi Ryltar,
    I've been using your app since day one and it is my most used app. I really hope it sells well in the app store and you finally get compensated for all of your hard work.

I do have one question that you may have answered somewhere in this thread but I can not find the answer. My database is starting to get quite large and it is really slowing down the app. I have tried to purge some transactions in one of my accounts and for some reason the balance of the account gets changed when I do this. Is this by design or is this a bug? It would be nice to be able to purge cleared transactions and still maintain the current balance.

Thanks again for the great app!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  19.    #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Hi Ryltar,
    I've been using your app since day one and it is my most used app. I really hope it sells well in the app store and you finally get compensated for all of your hard work.

I do have one question that you may have answered somewhere in this thread but I can not find the answer. My database is starting to get quite large and it is really slowing down the app. I have tried to purge some transactions in one of my accounts and for some reason the balance of the account gets changed when I do this. Is this by design or is this a bug? It would be nice to be able to purge cleared transactions and still maintain the current balance.

Thanks again for the great app!
    I'm sorry for the slow down, I am working on fixing that issue by limiting the currently loaded data to about 100 items (which loads in a snap) and dynamically loading or unloading other items as needed. Believe me, I want to get this bit working. I have about 1500 transactions in one of my accounts and it pains me to wait the 10-12 seconds it takes to load; so speeding up the system is high on my list.

As to your other item, there are two separate functions in the newest beta version: Purge and Merge. Purge will delete the items completely. The balance will change as these items are gone. Merge will delete the items, but create a new item with an equivalent balance. This will keep your balance the same.

Do I need better wording for those items? Or a note or something on the interfaces to make this clearer?

Lastly, I might be pushing an update out today for testing (if I can clear up a few bugs). This update will allow you to import a spreadsheet and if it has the proper field names (like you modified a sheet that was previously exported by checkbook), it will not duplicate transactions currently in the DB. It will also have a few other changes to make it a bit more streamline. The issue with the speed on the transaction screen is still there though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post

Do I need better wording for those items? Or a note or something on the interfaces to make this clearer?
    OK. I get it now

When I think of merge I think of combining 2 accounts. How about if you used the words Purge and Trim? Trim could mean that it trims down the amount of transactions while keeping the balance.

Thanks again!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011