Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Thank you SO much for this checkbook app. You've taken all the pain away from migrating from my old 755! Big thumbs up!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Great app!! I was used to Splash Money on the Palm and this already offers something very comparable!

Two things I couldn't find (but maybe overlooked in the app or the requests in this thread)

- Multiple Currencies: but I just saw you've planned that already.
    - PIN code reappears after configurable amount of time (or after send to activity card view). As we all love the Pre's multitasking capablilities we will keep the app running. But I don't want the financial data viewable in card view (in most cases.) So I would like to see to have the PIN code screen to reappear after I leave the app and have it running in card view, or have it lock after a custimisable amount of time.

Thanks in advance
  3.    #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    - PIN code reappears after configurable amount of time (or after send to activity card view). As we all love the Pre's multitasking capablilities we will keep the app running. But I don't want the financial data viewable in card view (in most cases.) So I would like to see to have the PIN code screen to reappear after I leave the app and have it running in card view, or have it lock after a customizable amount of time.

Thanks in advance
    I'll look into that. Thanks for the good idea.
    I would really like to see this app tie into a budget app much like Splash Money did with a separate budgeting app. What are the chances of this happening?
  5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastin View Post
    I would really like to see this app tie into a budget app much like Splash Money did with a separate budgeting app. What are the chances of this happening?
    Very likely. I plan to eventually have Checkbook sync with my website and securely store data there. Then also on the site one would be able to manage their transactions as well or even without the Pre if they wanted to.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Hi Ryltar! Just a reminder for my favorite app to maybe get the auto-decimal at 2 places :-)
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Very likely. I plan to eventually have Checkbook sync with my website and securely store data there. Then also on the site one would be able to manage their transactions as well or even without the Pre if they wanted to.
    I would love that! Have you decide on price point for the app catalog? I would pay for a feature like that.
  8.    #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Hi Ryltar! Just a reminder for my favorite app to maybe get the auto-decimal at 2 places :-)
    I'm working on it

Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    I would love that! Have you decide on price point for the app catalog? I would pay for a feature like that.
    Current estimate is about 2$ for the current version. This may change though depending on what else I add to it. Items making this decision are limited to but not including categories, graphing displays, and monthly break down of information. Everything in the current beta version plus recurring transactions, a fixed import/export system, and several other small features (ie auto-decimal and auto-jumping with suggestion click).

The web side might be included, it depends on how long and how much work would be needed in build it and host it securely. There is currently no estimate on when a web interface would show up. Right now I have trouble finding time to sleep and that is only due to class and work :/
    great app....can you add an option to attach a receipt (picture that we can take from the camera) to an expense?
  10.    #510  
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodyguitars View Post
    great app....can you add an option to attach a receipt (picture that we can take from the camera) to an expense?
    Interesting idea, I'll look into it but I don't know how feasible that would be right now with current APIs that palm has released and documented.
    Scheduled or Recurring transactions are on the way. They are going to be in the next version. I would have had them in this one but I had a few large bugs that showed up and are still bothering me a bit (ie the slow transactions screen with lots of transactions) and I caught the flu.
    Is this already implemented and I just missed it? How soon until it is? Would gladly donate. I use this feature ALL the time. It would save me a ton of time. I've already bought classic just to use Adarian Money and it works like crap. This would save my life.
  12.    #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by J May View Post
    Is this already implemented and I just missed it? How soon until it is? Would gladly donate. I use this feature ALL the time. It would save me a ton of time. I've already bought classic just to use Adarian Money and it works like crap. This would save my life.
    It should be in the next update or so. I am reworking the DB right now (don't worry, you won't loose your data as long as you update from 0.7.99 to 0.8.X The transition functions will be removed after the first update in the 0.8.X series as to keep the codebase as small as possible) so it is taking a little time to get it working properly. But the reworking of the DB will also allow for importing transactions that don't duplicate anymore and it will make is easier for me to finally get the recurring transaction system working.
    Question..... I didn't read the whole thread and haven't had a chance to install. Will be installing on my phone this weekend.

My question or possible added feature, if doable, would be to have some way to sync this with 2 Pre's. The wife and I share some accounts and it would be nice to be able to put transactions in either phone for all accounts and export to say excel (open excel), so the 2 could be compiled and than imported back to both phones.

I know this would be tough to program as an on the fly application. If the file exported is simple enough I can't imagine it would be too hard to combine and import manually (I do A LOT of excel work at work).

Sorry if this is something the program can already do, I was just curious and figured it would be good to know in advance before installing on either or both phones. Either way, app looks good and I will def be installing and playing with it.
  14.    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Question..... I didn't read the whole thread and haven't had a chance to install. Will be installing on my phone this weekend.

My question or possible added feature, if doable, would be to have some way to sync this with 2 Pre's. The wife and I share some accounts and it would be nice to be able to put transactions in either phone for all accounts and export to say excel (open excel), so the 2 could be compiled and than imported back to both phones.

I know this would be tough to program as an on the fly application. If the file exported is simple enough I can't imagine it would be too hard to combine and import manually (I do A LOT of excel work at work).

Sorry if this is something the program can already do, I was just curious and figured it would be good to know in advance before installing on either or both phones. Either way, app looks good and I will def be installing and playing with it.
    Checkbook Beta can import and export from google documents right now. The import system seems to be misbehaving in this version but I am working on upgrading it anyway. In the new version the import will not duplicate data if it can match the id of the item. This will make it easier to export your data, modify it somehow, and then bring it back to the Pre or other webOS enabled device.

I'm working with my web host to get a SQL server set up on my account. Once that is done, Checkbook will be able sync its data with a remote server in case of an epic crash on the unit. It would also allow for Checkbook to share data across multiple webOS devices (taking care of what you are asking for easily).

Lastly, it would allow for a web interface to be built where the users of Checkbook could work with their data when they want to use a computer instead of their device. The web interface is only sketched out right now so it wouldn't be built anytime soon since the webOS version and school are priorities over a website.
    Is there a cleared and uncleared balance in the near future?
    and also a back up feature would be nice.
  16.    #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbattle124 View Post
    Is there a cleared and uncleared balance in the near future?
    and also a back up feature would be nice.
    There is a balance view upgrade planned/in the works.

You can currently back up the data with the export feature.
    Checkbook Beta can import and export from google documents right now. The import system seems to be misbehaving in this version but I am working on upgrading it anyway. In the new version the import will not duplicate data if it can match the id of the item. This will make it easier to export your data, modify it somehow, and then bring it back to the Pre or other webOS enabled device.

I'm working with my web host to get a SQL server set up on my account. Once that is done, Checkbook will be able sync its data with a remote server in case of an epic crash on the unit. It would also allow for Checkbook to share data across multiple webOS devices (taking care of what you are asking for easily).

Lastly, it would allow for a web interface to be built where the users of Checkbook could work with their data when they want to use a computer instead of their device. The web interface is only sketched out right now so it wouldn't be built anytime soon since the webOS version and school are priorities over a website.
    Nice looking forward to throwing this on my pre tomorrow and start playing with it. Seams to be you are not only on your development but on your feedback. Thanks for the quick response, much love for all developers ..... you folks and this community are making this phone great, even before palm officially releases updates or apps, you guys are awesome!!!!
  18.    #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Nice looking forward to throwing this on my pre tomorrow and start playing with it. Seams to be you are not only on your development but on your feedback. Thanks for the quick response, much love for all developers ..... you folks and this community are making this phone great, even before palm officially releases updates or apps, you guys are awesome!!!!
    The entirety of GlitchTech Science are still college students... in fact, I am the only one in the company
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    The app is awesome. I use it daily. I'm having some problems importing my data though. I had to replace my phone because the touch screen stopped working. When I go to the import screen I get logged in and it finds the spreadsheets just fine. The problem is I get an error stating: "Fetch Error: TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined."

I see others are having import problems as well but I didn't see anyone post the exact same error I am getting. Thanks for all the hard work and I look forward to future updates.
    after download and installation - it's a very nice app, thanks a lot
    But my largest pleasure would be a translation in german or a language pack for german users.

If necessary I could assist you in translating something.

br
    TG