Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Thanks for the great update! It works great!

Hopefully, scheduled reoccuring transactions will be added soon.
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    I have some transfers to other accounts, I do use the / and - symbles in the name of some transactions
    :/ I'll keep trying to break it. If it happened to you, it may happen to others. Thanks for the information you gave me. Any other information that can help lead to the resolution of the error would be awesome. I'll try and bulk up the export system.

Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i managed to install this app on my emulator (windows). How can i get it to show my data on my Palm Pre's Checkbook app. I do have the .db file in my documents.

Just an idea to get a desktop version of my financial info.
    You'll have to connect to the emulator by an ssh client (I think, there are a couple of guides about this). Then just replace the old .db file with the new one. Sorry I cannot be of more help, but my emulator doesn't work quite right on my computer. (It runs Windows 7)
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I have a suggestion...and a very-odd glitch that just happened.

Glitch

I was balancing my checkbook...comparing it to the bank...and my balance was off by $8.40. I had 4 transactions that had posted to my account but not cleared (so they weren't checked off). One of the transactions was for $8.40. Seemed to be too much of coincidence.

After double and triple-checking...I finally just gave up and deleted the $8.40 transaction. Low and behold, my account balance jumped up by $16.80!! I put the transaction back in, at $8.40...and it now balances.

I don't know what was...or could have been...funky with that entry...but the application was deducting it twice (even though there was clearly only one entry there...and I only deleted one entry). I literally did nothing other than delete the transation and reenter it.

Suggestion

This may seem minor but, saving a "click" for every transaction entered adds up...

When I start typing in a payee...like "McDonald's"...I type "Mc" and it gives me the little pop-up suggestions. I click on "McDonald's" among the choices and the application puts that in the payee blank. However, the cursor is still in the Payee blank...I then have to click on the "Amount" blank to enter the transaction amount.

The application should assume, if I picked one of the choices from the suggestions, that I'm done with the payee blank and have moved on.

Again, it seems minor, but saving a click on every transaction entered sure would speed things up...and just make the application seem more intuitive.

Other than that, super-awesome, crazy-nice...best app available!!! I use it every day!
  4.    #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I have a suggestion...and a very-odd glitch that just happened.

Glitch

I was balancing my checkbook...comparing it to the bank...and my balance was off by $8.40. I had 4 transactions that had posted to my account but not cleared (so they weren't checked off). One of the transactions was for $8.40. Seemed to be too much of coincidence.

After double and triple-checking...I finally just gave up and deleted the $8.40 transaction. Low and behold, my account balance jumped up by $16.80!! I put the transaction back in, at $8.40...and it now balances.

I don't know what was...or could have been...funky with that entry...but the application was deducting it twice (even though there was clearly only one entry there...and I only deleted one entry). I literally did nothing other than delete the transation and reenter it.

Suggestion

This may seem minor but, saving a "click" for every transaction entered adds up...

When I start typing in a payee...like "McDonald's"...I type "Mc" and it gives me the little pop-up suggestions. I click on "McDonald's" among the choices and the application puts that in the payee blank. However, the cursor is still in the Payee blank...I then have to click on the "Amount" blank to enter the transaction amount.

The application should assume, if I picked one of the choices from the suggestions, that I'm done with the payee blank and have moved on.

Again, it seems minor, but saving a click on every transaction entered sure would speed things up...and just make the application seem more intuitive.

Other than that, super-awesome, crazy-nice...best app available!!! I use it every day!
    Odd glitch, I'll look into it. The total is being calculated by a SQL query, so I may have mucked something up there. And I like the suggestion, I'll try to set that up.
    I like that suggestion to on the auto populate and then jump to the amount line.
    i-phone, shmy-phone... I have a Pre!
    Great app, I would really like to see it make you some money in the official catalog.

The only suggestion I have is allowing the option to show both the checked and unchecked balance at the top when the user access the account. Just like my checking account online has the account balance and the available balance.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I am trying to import data from a google document (which I have done several times, but not since the update on 10/22). Now I receive an the following error message...

Fetch Error: Type Error: Cannot read property '0' of undefined

Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Michelle
    Hi
    at first - i LOVE this app. and i think every palm pre user who uses money would love this app too.

so now my 2 ideas, i searched here but didn't find the keywords

1. It would be great to change the currency sign. Im from Germany so i would love to see the Euro Sign instead of the dollar. User from Great Britan maybe love to see the Pound sign.
    - in this moment there comes an idea to my head. different account in different currencys?

2. is there something like categories in planning? to group expenses - so i can see how mouch i spend (today,this week, the last 7 days, this month) for food, party, gifts etc.
    Love it. Made a donation already. Thank you for the perfect app to manage my tracking of my spending/check writing etc. You done great!
  10.    #490  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    The only suggestion I have is allowing the option to show both the checked and unchecked balance at the top when the user access the account. Just like my checking account online has the account balance and the available balance.
    That is planned. I am working to speed up the transaction screen before I am setting this up fully. I will be including a running balance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    I am trying to import data from a google document (which I have done several times, but not since the update on 10/22). Now I receive an the following error message...

Fetch Error: Type Error: Cannot read property '0' of undefined
    Hmm... I'll get to work on that. I am pretty sure I know what caused it. I'll have that fixed soon.

The error is the result of my searching for a column that doesn't exist and not including a check to see if it does exist. A temporary fix would be to check the column names of the export file and make sure your document has those columns.

I'll be doing an overhaul of the import system soon (have to rewrite the DB first) and it'll be much more robust when I am done.

Quote Originally Posted by woodworker View Post
    1. It would be great to change the currency sign. Im from Germany so i would love to see the Euro Sign instead of the dollar. User from Great Britan maybe love to see the Pound sign.
    - in this moment there comes an idea to my head. different account in different currencys?
    I planned on that, just haven't got to it yet. I have that idea marked down under stuff to do for localizing, but I can try and set it up sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by woodworker View Post
    2. is there something like categories in planning? to group expenses - so i can see how mouch i spend (today,this week, the last 7 days, this month) for food, party, gifts etc.
    There are. These were waiting until I had recurring transactions set up first.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Hmm... I'll get to work on that. I am pretty sure I know what caused it. I'll have that fixed soon.

The error is the result of my searching for a column that doesn't exist and not including a check to see if it does exist. A temporary fix would be to check the column names of the export file and make sure your document has those columns.

I'll be doing an overhaul of the import system soon (have to rewrite the DB first) and it'll be much more robust when I am done.
    Okay, so I checked the column headers on my google doc and it has the columns. I even added an "account category" column (I read online that this column was needed), but I am still getting the error message.

I do want to say that I love the app and thanks for all your hard work!!
    Will there be a way to search for transactions by date, name, amount, check number etc?

This is a great app don't short change yourself when it gets released in the app catalog. You should price it at $9.99. I think I saw an earlier post that it was going to be around $2.

Oh one more thing, this may be a bit much but you will also need a reporting function. For example checkbook can give a monthly, weekly, yearly total of a particular category like dining or rent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    Okay, so I checked the column headers on my google doc and it has the columns. I even added an "account category" column (I read online that this column was needed), but I am still getting the error message.
    I'm having the same issue. I had to Doctor my phone a couple of days ago, and I can't import my transactions. I tried deleting different columns, but couldn't get it to import. The only thing I didn't do was rearrange the columns.

----------------
    Now playing: Leo Laporte and the TWiTs - TWiT 217: The A.I. Spy Club
    via FoxyTunes
  14.    #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Will there be a way to search for transactions by date, name, amount, check number etc?

This is a great app don't short change yourself when it gets released in the app catalog. You should price it at $9.99. I think I saw an earlier post that it was going to be around $2.

Oh one more thing, this may be a bit much but you will also need a reporting function. For example checkbook can give a monthly, weekly, yearly total of a particular category like dining or rent.
    I plan to have searching and reporting, but not yet. I am trying to get a good basic checkbook app up and running first.

Quote Originally Posted by samurai mike View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I had to Doctor my phone a couple of days ago, and I can't import my transactions. I tried deleting different columns, but couldn't get it to import. The only thing I didn't do was rearrange the columns.
    Okay, thanks for that report. I'll keep working on getting the new import system up and running asap. I am terribly sorry for the trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    Well, after the update, I STILL coult not upload a backup to google, BUT i finally figured it out, it WONT work if you have ANY entries that have not got the cleared button checked (since i was not using it at the moment to keep track of checks, i keep track of my tip-out/cash i get none of mine were checked as cleared). once i ckecked the cleared box for EVERY entry it worked!!!!
    I have all my transactions as cleared, but still unable to upload to google docs. Always getting error saying username and password is wrong!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    I have all my transactions as cleared, but still unable to upload to google docs. Always getting error saying username and password is wrong!!!

Are you using it with the "@gmail.com"? try without if so and vice versa.

Also make sure you can log in via PC.
  17.    #497  
    Is the error "Did you enter your username and password correctly?" or "Unknown Error. Did you enter your username and password correctly?"?

If it is the first one, make sure you have google documents set up with that account. If it is the latter, then something else is wrong. The system doesn't know what though.
    I like this app so much! It helped me to forget my TX and Accounts&Loans app I've been using several years, and fully enjoy my Pre!

Now the feature requests:
    1. You've heard it already: Pre is now available in Europe. Many different countries, currencies and formats.
    It would be great, to display the date, time and amount of transaction in the format which is set in the Regional settings.

2. Currencies. it is more complicated than replacing $ with an EURO or Pound sign.
    I'm thinking about a user defined list of currencies, default currency for each account, transaction in other currency than default.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Is the error "Did you enter your username and password correctly?" or "Unknown Error. Did you enter your username and password correctly?"?

If it is the first one, make sure you have google documents set up with that account. If it is the latter, then something else is wrong. The system doesn't know what though.
    Yes it is the first one. I use Google docs with that username all the time. Do I need to create an empty spreadsheet for the data to export?
  20.    #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeKF View Post
    I like this app so much! It helped me to forget my TX and Accounts&Loans app I've been using several years, and fully enjoy my Pre!

Now the feature requests:
    1. You've heard it already: Pre is now available in Europe. Many different countries, currencies and formats.
    It would be great, to display the date, time and amount of transaction in the format which is set in the Regional settings.

2. Currencies. it is more complicated than replacing $ with an EURO or Pound sign.
    I'm thinking about a user defined list of currencies, default currency for each account, transaction in other currency than default.
    I am working on localization, thanks for those suggestions.

Yes it is the first one. I use Google docs with that username all the time. Do I need to create an empty spreadsheet for the data to export?
    No, the system creates its own document. I'm really not sure what is going on... Hmm... I'll look into it.