Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1348
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    FYI: Works fine with webos 1.2.1.

    Is there a chance that it could automatically move to the next field after the current field is finished? Obviously this could not work for every field, e.g., after input in the note section, but it would work well in others, e.g., after two digits subsequent to decimal point are entered in amount field it would jump to date. Thanks for listening.
    I'll look into that. As long as it is not too much trouble to set up, I'll add it.

    Quote Originally Posted by crumec21 View Post
    i keep getting the unauthorized call to open ipk...what does that mean?
    When do you get this error? What install method do you use?
  2. #442  
    Hello there,

    When I try to enter my google account information to export data, it always says that username and password incorrect (of course in different wordings). I am sure that I entered my username and password correctly all the time (good that palm shows me one char at a time what i am typing in the password field). I tried the same password again this morning to log in to my gmail account and it worked fine.

    Am I missing anything here?

    Thanks in advance
    M
  3. #443  
    solaimadhan, I am having the same problem.
  4. #444  
    Any news on when we can expect an updated version with maybe reacuring transactions
  5.    #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    Hello there,

    When I try to enter my google account information to export data, it always says that username and password incorrect (of course in different wordings). I am sure that I entered my username and password correctly all the time (good that palm shows me one char at a time what i am typing in the password field). I tried the same password again this morning to log in to my gmail account and it worked fine.

    Am I missing anything here?

    Thanks in advance
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalNight View Post
    solaimadhan, I am having the same problem.
    I'm not sure what the cause of that was. I'll look into it, but it may have been an issue on Google's side. I was having trouble working on a document last night. Is anyone still experiencing this issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Any news on when we can expect an updated version with maybe reacuring transactions
    All I can say is soon. I'm working when I get the chance, but I've been busy with school lately. Fall break is coming up though and I won't have much to do then (Oct 15-18).
  6. #446  
    I was thinking it might be nice to have the option to have an unlinked account... for example I have an auto tolling device for my vehicle that I fund with $100 every time it gets low. But it is hard to track when it is low as my travel varies and therefore it is hard to budget and plan for it... So I added an "Auto-tolling" account to Checkbook so every time I pay a toll I expense the amount and it works great except on the main screen it screws up the Accounts total. Just a thought, thanks a lot for the great app ryltar.
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
  7.    #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankdavis View Post
    I was thinking it might be nice to have the option to have an unlinked account... for example I have an auto tolling device for my vehicle that I fund with $100 every time it gets low. But it is hard to track when it is low as my travel varies and therefore it is hard to budget and plan for it... So I added an "Auto-tolling" account to Checkbook so every time I pay a toll I expense the amount and it works great except on the main screen it screws up the Accounts total. Just a thought, thanks a lot for the great app ryltar.
    You can remove an account from the total balance by setting it as hidden. Hidden accounts can be invisible, masked, or completely normal.

    To mark an account as hidden, edit that account and look in the additional options area. You can edit an account by either pressing and holding the account name on the main screen or by going into account preferences by using the command menu in the upper left corner of the screen.

    To change its display preferences, go to the preferences screen accessible via the command menu. Find the setting Hidden Account Display and select the option you want. Hide Accounts will make hidden accounts invisible. Mask Accounts will put the balance of the account in ( ). Show Accounts will display the account no different than any other. No matter the display option for hidden accounts, they will not be added into the main balance.

    Hope that helps.
  8. #448  
    First, THIS IS A GREAT APP!!!!!

    Are these features possible in your future upgrades:

    Needs to be able to export or import separate accounts to Google documents
    Ex. Checking and saving should be separate files not one file

    Needs Backup feature (unless Pre Backup backs it up) or scheduled export to google documents

    Needs the ability to view the cleared and uncleared balance.

    Needs Transaction Type: Check#, Withdrawal, Deposit, Charge, ATM EFT...

    again great job.
    Last edited by jbattle124; 10/10/2009 at 01:59 AM.
  9.    #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbattle124 View Post
    First, THIS IS A GREAT APP!!!!!

    Are these features possible in your future upgrades:

    Needs to be able to export or import separate accounts to Google documents
    Ex. Checking and saving should be separate files not one file

    Needs Backup feature (unless Pre Backup backs it up) or scheduled export to google documents

    Needs the ability to view the cleared and uncleared balance.

    Needs Transaction Type: Check#, Withdrawal, Deposit, Charge, ATM EFT...

    again great job.
    I plan to have the export upgraded to do accounts to different pages or different sheets in Google Documents.

    I am working on a backup feature and a better balance viewing system. That is planned for a future version.

    Could you explain your last request a little more?
  10. #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    I plan to have the export upgraded to do accounts to different pages or different sheets in Google Documents.

    I am working on a backup feature and a better balance viewing system. That is planned for a future version.

    Could you explain your last request a little more?
    I think the feature being requested would look like this:
    Replace the text box (currently used for check # or other info) on the transaction form with a few "check" boxes. Users could then check a box if it was a debit, EFT, ATM withdrawal, or actual check. My suggestion would be to add a feature where, if the user selected to identify the transaction as a check, another textbox would be made available to enter the check number, possibly auto-populated with the next check # in the checkbook. We'd need a way to enter the starting check # in the accout setup, or just show blank if there is no previous # to increment.
    We would still need a "memo" text field on the form, but would not need it for entering data about the method used to enact the transaction.
    The benefit is that a lot of bank statements list the check #'s paid grouped in a separate section as well as the chronological list of transactions.
    Great app... I still don't see any other checkbooks out there, so you've got a great headstart getting something into the official catalog!
  11. #451  
    >>>> I'm not sure what the cause of that was. I'll look into it, but it may have been an issue on Google's side. I was having trouble working on a document last night. Is anyone still experiencing this issue?

    Yes,

    I still have this issue. Not able to export the data! Even though the app is great, but hesitant to use it because of this export not working.

    M
  12.    #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    >>>> I'm not sure what the cause of that was. I'll look into it, but it may have been an issue on Google's side. I was having trouble working on a document last night. Is anyone still experiencing this issue?

    Yes,

    I still have this issue. Not able to export the data! Even though the app is great, but hesitant to use it because of this export not working.

    M
    Huh, I'll keep looking into it. Sorry for the trouble.
  13. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #453  
    Hi Ryltar: Thanks again for all the work. I searched on 'decimal' and didn't see this. Has anyone asked if you could give a Y/N preference for automatically putting in a decimal point two digits in? Maybe it's there and I am missing it? Would this be as simple as this non-dev guy imagines? Thanks,Dave.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  14. kfmb's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #454  
    I had to delete the app. I need to do a speadsheet on google docs before I can start to app on the phone? Guess I'm an *****, but no clue. Sorry.
  15. #455  
    You don't need to start a Google Doc spreadsheet to start - but you do need to start one if you want to import old transactions. I managed to export my 2009 transactions from PocketMoney from my Treo into a spreadsheet, put it into the format required by this app, and import it into my Pre. If you want to start from scratch, you don't need to do that.

    Great app, by the way! My only minor complaint is the length of time it takes to actually record the transaction. I would also love the checkbox that would allow you to quickly switch from cleared to actual balance (PockeyMoney did this - perhaps it would be as simple as putting the 'Add in Cleared Transactions' on the main screen somewhere, instead of having to go to Preferences each time you want to balance your checkbook).

    Again, fantastic job, and thanks for filling the gap! (this app was partly responsible for me getting a Pre from my Treo - I needed a checkbook app before I switched!)
  16. #456  
    This is a great app and I am glad it was made. I use it daily so any upgrades are greatly appreciated. Thanks for this app.
  17.    #457  
    Thanks musashi77777 for helping out kfmb.

    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Hi Ryltar: Thanks again for all the work. I searched on 'decimal' and didn't see this. Has anyone asked if you could give a Y/N preference for automatically putting in a decimal point two digits in? Maybe it's there and I am missing it? Would this be as simple as this non-dev guy imagines? Thanks,Dave.
    I can look into that. If I were to set it up, the general way of it working would be you enter numbers and the last 2 numbers would be sitting behind a decimal place (so 34 would become 0.34 and 854 would be 8.54).

    Quote Originally Posted by musashi77777 View Post
    My only minor complaint is the length of time it takes to actually record the transaction.
    Do you have a lot of transactions? If so, I am working on making that work better. I have about 1500 transactions in one account and it will take up to 8seconds some times to completely load. I am studying how the Contact app works in regards to fix it. It loads the list in segments and only the ones that you want to view right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by musashi77777 View Post
    I would also love the checkbox that would allow you to quickly switch from cleared to actual balance (PockeyMoney did this - perhaps it would be as simple as putting the 'Add in Cleared Transactions' on the main screen somewhere, instead of having to go to Preferences each time you want to balance your checkbook).
    I am working on this as well. This is tied into the decreasing loading speeds work because once I get the loading speeds down to nil, I'll be able to add more and better balance information.

    Quote Originally Posted by musashi77777 View Post
    Again, fantastic job, and thanks for filling the gap! (this app was partly responsible for me getting a Pre from my Treo - I needed a checkbook app before I switched!)
    Thank you, hopefully it will continue to help keep you with the Pre

    Quote Originally Posted by tpdtopcop View Post
    This is a great app and I am glad it was made. I use it daily so any upgrades are greatly appreciated. Thanks for this app.
    Thank you. Upgrades will be coming soon. I have the next 4 days off from class though I am spending one of them applying for research lab positions and one working on home. So I'll still have about two full days with which I can really work on this thing.
  18. #458  
    ryltar just wondering if you ever got a response from palm as I know you mentioned at one point that you submited this to the apps store.
  19.    #459  
    I haven't yet so I am assuming that it got lost. I'm submitting it again with the next release since there are bug fixes and new features (not any major ones yet though).
  20. #460  
    I see sweet, do you know when we can expect a new release here. I mean I'm loving the current version but I'm just wondering. I actually bought a HTC Hero the other day and I went back to the Pre because even in Androids App store there is like 50 apps like this and none of them were as good as this one. Just wanted to let you know how great this app is. I have been using SplashMoney for the past 5 years on PalmOS and Windows Mobile and even if SplashMoney came out for the Pre now I would stick to this app. It is really great. Thanks again.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions