Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Updating Web OS.. hoping this app still works..

EDIT: Maintained data just fine. No new transactions to add today. Assuming the rest works fine as well as ryltar said below.
    Last edited by fareal; 09/28/2009 at 08:26 PM.
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Updating Web OS.. hoping this app still works..
    works just fine still from the testing I am able to do. If you guys find anything let me know.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Works fine for me
    Me too!
    works for me just fine and actually sems to be loading allot faster with the update.
  6.    #426  
    Good. No problems it seems.

I am currently working to upgrade the import/export system, though I am working through a few bugs. It should be ready soon. I haven't had as much time to work on it as I would have liked so sorry for the delay.

I'm also working on the recurring transactions and running balance systems. Both of these are being a little difficult, but I am close to a breakthrough on getting them working. These will show up not in the next update, but possibly the one after that. The running balance is causing a moderate rewrite of the transactions screen which will speed up that whole page hopefully.

I also submitted Checkbook to Palm about two weeks ago. According to some of the other devs, I won't be reviewed until sometime in October because of the submission overload Palm got recently. That probably means that it will take a few weeks beyond that to get into the Catalog. So Checkbook is going to be located on PreCentral for a while.
    Great Program!

Had a small issue and wondered if there is a fix. I woke up yesterday morning and my phone said that I wasn't logged into the Palm OS anymore and needed to restart my phone. So I did and to my surprise it wiped my phone! Now of course my backup gave me my contacts and pics, ect. But my checkbook program was gone. I have since reinstalled it and was wondering if my checkbook "database" is somewhere hidden on the phones memory or if I have to start from scratch again.

Thanks in advance!
    Jeremy
  8.    #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by carfiboy View Post
    Great Program!

Had a small issue and wondered if there is a fix. I woke up yesterday morning and my phone said that I wasn't logged into the Palm OS anymore and needed to restart my phone. So I did and to my surprise it wiped my phone! Now of course my backup gave me my contacts and pics, ect. But my checkbook program was gone. I have since reinstalled it and was wondering if my checkbook "database" is somewhere hidden on the phones memory or if I have to start from scratch again.

Thanks in advance!
    Jeremy
    The only place it may be is in your .app-storage folder which is accessible via USB mode.

My checkbook db file is named "000000000000002c", it is located in .app-storage in the folder for checkbook. It will have a unique name if it is there. If you have two DBs in there, try to figure out which one is your old DB. Delete the other one and rename your old DB to the new DB's name.

Just to let you know, Checkbook also has an export feature which should transfer all your current transactions to Google Spreadsheets. I am working on an upgrade right now but the current one should work just fine for most situations.
    Awesome! It worked! It was named like "00000000000000c" and there was a file named "0000000000000006" deleted this file and renamed the first file to "....6" and i worked like a charm! Thanks and great program!

Jeremy
    I am getting a replacement pre sent to me tomorrow and Checkbook is the only homebrew app that has any data that I want to keep. I looked at the usb files and I didn't see any .app-storage folder. Any other way I can find the data and get it onto my new pre?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob LeBlah View Post
    I am getting a replacement pre sent to me tomorrow and Checkbook is the only homebrew app that has any data that I want to keep. I looked at the usb files and I didn't see any .app-storage folder. Any other way I can find the data and get it onto my new pre?

Thanks,
    Bob
    you probably have to enable view system folders in your preferences.
  12.    #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob LeBlah View Post

Thanks,
    Bob
    You might also try showing hidden files. If for some reason it isn't there. Use the export function and it should send all your data to a spreadsheet on Google Docs. There is a small issue with it though, if your have a ton of data (like over 1250 records) it won't save all the data. (This is a problem on my end and will be fixed in the next version)
    Thank you both for your replies. I'm still getting used to vista and I had to change my view preferences to show hidden files. Got it now. Thanks.
    Very Great App probably the most useful yet. Any chance we could get auto google spreadsheet upload? Say like at the end of each month?
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
  15.    #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankdavis View Post
    Very Great App probably the most useful yet. Any chance we could get auto google spreadsheet upload? Say like at the end of each month?
    This feature is planned, but will not appear until after I get recurring transactions running.
    Little help please...

Downloaded the latest version, shot it to my phone. Checkbook is nowhere to be found...

I thought I may have done it incorrectly, so I tried it again... & still nothing...

Are there problems with the new WebOS & installing homebrew apps? If so... is there a solution to this? I love this checkbook program... but it's vanished... and I'm unable to get it installed again...

Any help would be great!
  17.    #437  
    It seems webOS QuickInstall currently doesn't work with the phone software v1.2. I'd keep an eye on that program to find out when you can once again use it for installing software. Only thing I can recommend otherwise is use the old style way of enabling developer mode and installing it via command prompt.
    installed it via filecoaster without problems. 1.2.0.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    FYI: Works fine with webos 1.2.1.

Is there a chance that it could automatically move to the next field after the current field is finished? Obviously this could not work for every field, e.g., after input in the note section, but it would work well in others, e.g., after two digits subsequent to decimal point are entered in amount field it would jump to date. Thanks for listening.
    i keep getting the unauthorized call to open ipk...what does that mean?